Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 20th, 2024, 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: guitar help
PostPosted: August 29th, 2011, 11:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

Alright, so I'm trying to play a song by Luke Bryan called 'We Rode In Trucks' and there's a B barre chord and an F# minor barre chord in the song. I watched a video lesson on how to play the song, but I couldn't see where the guy was placing his fingers and he didn't explain how to play either chord. I've searched online but haven't had much luck finding the chords it appears he's playing, and I was wondering if someone could help me. The diagrams of the chords I have found are like this: For the B chord 1st finger baring all six strings of the second fret, my 2nd finger is on the third string of the third fret, and my 3rd and 4th fingers are on the fourth and fifth strings of the fourth fret. That chord sounds like the one the guy is playing, and the finger placement seems right to me, but like i said it is hard to see on the video. For the F# the diagram and the guy was still playing it on the second fret, with my 1st finger barring all six strings of the second fret, and my 3rd and 4th fingers on the fourth and fifth strings of the fourth fret, pretty much the same thing as the B only my second finger is lifted off the string. I"m not sure about the F#, the chords sound way to similar to me to be accurate. If someone could help me figure out which chord Im playing wrong, I would appreciate it. The guy played both chords on the second fret, and the way he played the song sounded like the way the artist plays it, I'm just getting the finger placement wrong or something! Its very frustrating!

Post subject: Re: guitar help
PostPosted: August 31st, 2011, 11:43 pm 
Istari
Istari

Ok, just found out the F# chord is correct, but I'm still having problems with that darn B barre chord! I just cant tell what the guy is playing!

Post subject: Re: guitar help
PostPosted: September 1st, 2011, 10:38 pm 
Istari
Istari

:notworthy: Thank you soooo much! Its been driving me crazy trying to figure out how he was playing that chord! I'll try all your suggestions! Thanks again!