Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Within Temptation - The Unforgiving.
PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 7:28 am 
Maia
Maia

hey, wondering what everyone thought of WT's new album that came out a few days ago?
I myself, find it amazing - Faster and Sinean are both well worth a listen.
If you havn't listened to it yet, I strongly recommend it.
Cant wait to hear all your thoughts!
Rock on!

Post subject: Re: Within Temptation - The Unforgiving.
PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 3:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I love WT :-D Sadly the only song I've heard off their new album is Faster, which I do like quite a bit (it's a great song for running :teehee: ). I'm a little disappointed that it's more generic rock than bombastic symphonic choral amazingness, though. Is the rest of the album more of the same, or do the other songs sticker closer to the old WT style?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 3:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

Arwen the webmaster wrote:
I love WT :-D Sadly the only song I've heard off their new album is Faster, which I do like quite a bit (it's a great song for running :teehee: ). I'm a little disappointed that it's more generic rock than bombastic symphonic choral amazingness, though. Is the rest of the album more of the same, or do the other songs sticker closer to the old WT style?

In all honesty id have to say that the album isnt their usual style of music. However while its a bit different id definetly recommend it. WT will always be amazing in my eyes. If you get a chance id recommend the song Sinead purely because i found it to be really catchy and i loved the lyrics. Hope you like it. I also enjoyed Faster as well :-D

What are youre favourite WT songs? id go with All I Need as well as Angels & Memories. What do you think?

Also want to give u credit for all youre work here on the site. Just signed up yesterday after hearing about the revival of the site which i was glad to hear. Getting a post from the webmaster is definetly an encouraging sign. Especially since we share the same awesome taste in music.
Rock on ! :-D

PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 9:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I shall look up your song recommendation then! There are actually quite a few WT fans on A-U...well, were (don't know how many of them are still around)...with a thread on the band in general at viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7290 . We haven't had any threads about The Unforgiving, though. What do you think about the concept of the album?

Hmm...favorite WT songs...that's hard to pick! Some of them would be Jillian, The Cross, Hand of Sorrow, Forgiven, and World of Make Believe. I also really love Utopia, even though it's quite a departure from their normal fare :)

Haha, well, I owe it to A-U. Until a couple months ago I hadn't been at all active for about two years, so I'm doing my best to make up for it :-D Nice to meet you! Always exciting to have new members!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 30th, 2011, 3:24 am 
Maia
Maia

Arwen the webmaster wrote:
I shall look up your song recommendation then! There are actually quite a few WT fans on A-U...well, were (don't know how many of them are still around)...with a thread on the band in general at http://arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtop ... =42&t=7290 . We haven't had any threads about The Unforgiving, though. What do you think about the concept of the album?

Hmm...favorite WT songs...that's hard to pick! Some of them would be Jillian, The Cross, Hand of Sorrow, Forgiven, and World of Make Believe. I also really love Utopia, even though it's quite a departure from their normal fare :)

Haha, well, I owe it to A-U. Until a couple months ago I hadn't been at all active for about two years, so I'm doing my best to make up for it :-D Nice to meet you! Always exciting to have new members!

Glad to see WT fans around the forum :-D
For the concept ... well i know the album has been based on a comic book called The Unforgiving. Ive never been much of a comic book fan. But I like the concept. Each of the songs can be interpreted differently but the overall album ,to me at least, depicts adversity thrown at you in life and overcoming it. How if youre going through a bad patch then the good times cant be far off. I think its a great concept as everyone can relate to the lyrics in some way.

Please let me know what you think of the album if you get a chance to hear it. Looking forward to hearing your take on Sinead.

Some great choices. I admit i was thrown of by utopia at first but after a while i got into it.

Good to see the site is coming back, especially with the two hobbit movies in production :-D

Lovely to meet you too :bye2:

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2011, 11:19 am 
Mageling
Mageling

Yeah, I'm not too excited about the direction they're going in. My favorite album is The Silent Force, and I love Mother Earth for what it offers that other metal bands don't. Heart of Everything was amazing, but I was hoping they wouldn't go more mainstream than that.

I'll keep listening, though. Maybe the album will win me over.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 7th, 2011, 2:11 pm 
Maia
Maia

has anyone ever been to see them on tour? If so, what was it like?
i might be going to one of their shows either in London or Glasgow. Very much looking 4ward to it