Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2008, 11:11 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I do love how Chloe's voice is maturing! It's so delicate yet much stronger now...I love the purity of it but she is learning to solidify it and is able to do more vocally. I'm so sad that Meav left though. She has one of my favorite voices of the group and can sing high notes like anything. ah wells....I'm excited to see Lynn though. Maybe on the tour for their next CD..

^made by yours truly :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2008, 12:45 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Oh, I love Celtic Woman :) They were in Austin a few months ago, but I wasn't able to go :(

I'm just a whisper of smoke
I'm all that's left of two hearts on fire
That once burned out of control
You took my body and soul
I'm just a ghost in this house

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2008, 12:10 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Oh yes I LOVE them!

We've been forever
yet we've only just begun.

We have come full circle.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Celtic Woman
PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 10:59 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Don't mind me as I bump this very old thread! I came across it while searching. I absolutely adore the music of Celtic Woman! I've always had an affinity for Celtic music (I'm of Irish descent) and I discovered this group about three years ago. In April, I actually had the opportunity to see them live in Grand Rapids, MI, and it was probably the most incredible performance I've ever seen. Seeing them live is so much more amazing than watching them on TV or just listening to their albums. One of the things I love about them is how they interact with their audience--they seem so down-to-earth and they genuinely appreciate their fans. We were encouraged to sing along, clap, cheer--it was such a fun atmosphere! They're coming back to my neck of the woods at Christmas, and I'm hoping to see them again, if I'm lucky. Any other fans around?

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 11:06 pm 
Istari
Istari

I've been a fan of Celtic Woman since the inception of the group. :) their music is beautiful and many-sided (couldn't think of a better word for that). Chloe Agnew has always been my favorite member, she's got such a drop-dead gorgeous voice! of course, the others are all also very talented - I love Lisa Kelly too. :)
I've been to two live shows, and they were amazing! you're right about it being so much better than the CD or a DVD. the last one I attended was an Isle of Hope concert, and I vividly remember my two favorite songs - the first was "Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears" - breathtaking! the second was when Chloe sang her new rendition of "When You Believe". that was beautiful. it really showed off how much her voice has matured since she first sang it on her own CD.
last but not least, their gowns. ARE. STUNNING. they've had so many and they're all so pretty! some of my favorites are from Isle of Hope Tour and from the New Journey tour, where they're all in white and grey the first half. amazing!
so yeah, I do like them. :)

thanks for the Hobbit Team banner, Lembas!

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 10:54 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

We have the same favorites! I love Chloe and Lisa! Chloe in particular really loved interacting with the audience at the concert. The venue it was held at is used as a hockey rink in the wintertime, and when the audience was being a little reluctant to clap or cheer too loudly (I think we were all just a little shy), Chloe said, "Come on! Is this the welcome you give your Grand Rapids Griffins?" It helped to loosen everyone up, I think. She also said that she loves coming to Michigan on tour because "you guys have our cold Irish weather and we feel right at home here!"

The new girl, Lisa Lambe, is very good as well--I loved her rendition of "Dulaman" at the concert I attended. And of course I love Máiréad--I'm convinced she must be part Elf because of how light she is on her feet--how else would she be able to jump around the stage like that while playing a violin? And yes, their dresses are GORGEOUS. I love Orla Fallon's purple one in the second half of the New Journey DVD the best.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 11:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

awh, Chloe seems so sweet! I would love to get to attend a meet and greet with them, but I'm not sure if they're at every concert. I know in the past they were kind of expensive too. have you noticed that Chloe's nails are different at every concert? ;)
I haven't heard Lisa Lambe sing yet. I do miss Meav and Orla though!
and yes, Mairead is so awesome at the violin. didn't she dance around in heels at the New Journey Slane Castle concert? and played her violin the whole time? she's so talented! I love her song Granuaile's Dance. (not sure I spelled that right.)

thanks for the Hobbit Team banner, Lembas!

PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 9:47 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I wanted to do a meet-and-greet too, but I wasn't sure how to go about doing it. I'm used to just waiting around afterwards by the stage door waiting for performers to leave the theatre (I did this when I saw Wicked in NYC and got the cast to sign my program!), but security was really tight at the Celtic Woman show and I wasn't sure we'd be able to get close enough. There's always next time, I suppose! They're also filming a new concert DVD in America soon, but I believe it's in Georgia, which is a little far away for me to go there, unfortunately.

Yes, Chloe IS sweet! I'm so impressed that she was only 14 when their first album came out, and how she's improved since then and has been able to keep herself grounded through the whirlwind of fame and stuff.

Here's two videos of Lisa Lambe from youtube. I didn't film them and they're not the best quality, but they work. Here's her version of "My Lagan love", which was sung by Alex on the Songs from the Heart album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcC5l7lUFXM
As you can see, she has a higher, lighter voice than Alex does, but I love Alex's version too. And here's Lisa's version of "Dulaman": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iofw0Lc_ ... re=related

I just love how Lisa Lambe puts 100% into her performance and really enjoys interacting with the audience and make them laugh--you can tell she loved giving the explanation of Dulaman! She also brings a sense of energy light-heartedness to the song that Meav didn't necessarily do, even though I do love Meav. Lisa dances around and has a ball performing the song and playing the part of a young Irish girl in love, whereas Meav's performance on the New Journey DVD is more subdued and, dare I say it, sultry. LL's pronunciation of the Gaelic is also a bit different than Meav's. I love how the girls all bring their own interpretations to the songs and make them their own, no matter who has sung them in the past. (As an aside, I love this new arrangement of Dulaman that Lisa L. sings, and I also love her hair--she almost looks like the girl on all the album covers!)

Haha yeah, Mairead very skillful at jumping around in high heels! I can barely walk in heels. XD She actually performs Granuaile's Dance (which I also love, it seems like it would fit perfectly into a scene in LotR!) barefoot, though, because Granuaile's Dance is written about the pirate queen Grace O'Malley (whose nickname in Irish was Granuaile), who appeared before Queen Elizabeth I barefoot in order to make the queen angry or something like that. I love their tributes to Irish history and folklore.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2016, 9:09 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

They had a recent lineup change, and I like the new dynamic!

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 5th, 2016, 1:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Yes, I noticed that! I honestly have not looked into the new members but I do like some of their new songs so it sounds all good to me. lol

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM