Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Growing up with A-U
PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 6:11 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Gandolorin wrote:
Errrrr ... I joined just a month ago ... so if anyone has noticed any changes since then they definitely have nothing to do with growing up

Well, maybe it's just me... but you seem older now... by about 30 days, give or take.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2017, 2:00 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

:( *sighs*

This is such a nice yet sad and nostalgic thread. Digging up the old memories always makes me miss the old hustle and bustle of AU so much!

I know many of those that could post here are no longer around. Aredhel, I know stops by from time to time. She was my forum mother as Haldir O Lorien. I still remember when she first joined and all these names I know all too well from times past.

I have literally been on AU almost half my life! And good gosh, yes, how things (and how I) have changed.

I do fore sure miss the family tree. That was so much fun! I had conversations pages long just figuring out how everyone was related to me and everyone else. Lol The clubs too... I miss the club activity and contests.

So much... so much to miss. Thankfully the RP has picked up lately so I don't miss that near as much as Inused to! :)

To Hanasian, yes there was a time (twice actually) where difficult life cercomstances forced me tonleave the forum for a rather long while. I always came back... but sadly the last time I came back I found myself to be too late and most everyone had moved on. :(

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 12:32 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I kind of get the feeling that after the release of 5 armies everyone just scattered off. The films were not much to stick around for I suppose. It just seems many 'last seen' dates of old active members seem to end in 2014.

Yeah, it's good to see some RP happening. I check daily, and when I'm up to post in one or more of the threads, I go 'crap... need to find time to get something coherent up' :lol:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 8:26 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

The hobbit trilogy added a small boost. There was a revival attempted at that time but it the movies didn't bring near as much traffic as people anticipated, sadly.... but then... honestly i can't say I don't understand. I liked the hobbit movies and all but they just seemed to fall quite short of most people's (including my own) expectations.

Lol, yeah, I know that feeling. :P

PostPosted: October 13th, 2017, 8:01 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

It is interesting reading through old threads, that the heyday of this site was the 10 year period of 2004 - 2014. All teens then that powered this site are now in their mid to late twenties and have careers and children and life. It's always good to see someone stop by.

Me, I arrived here as one who had been to several other boards, and was slow in getting into being here regular. Didn't "grow up" here, but have spent 10 years dropping in and participating.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 4:17 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Ask any of them and it is mostly jobs, family, university, etc... It’s good, just too bad they don’t find more time for this site.

Yes, too true. If I recal you have more than doubled your 10 year post count in the past 1 year. :p

I remember back in the day when the post cpunt was a big deal. Won’t lie, I was all gungho about it too. All that and yet Inonly averahe just over 4 posts anday in my account lifetime. :p (probably two thirds of them in the RP sections!) lol