Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: A-U Family Tree Spring Party
PostPosted: March 21st, 2013, 8:33 am 

A gentle breeze carried the smell of new grass and fresh spring flowers through the open doors. The gurgling of the little creek provided a nice, constant background music. Inside the tables were decorated with flowers and ribbons in soft colours, and strings with little lights shone a warm and welcoming glow across the room. The tables were filled with delicate cups and saucers, huge tea pots with tiny ornaments, flowered plates and numerous dishes and bowls filled with all kinds of delicious treats: scones, clotted cream, pies, chocolates, fresh fruit, sandwiches and quiches, and even a chocolate fountain.

Lhun readjusted some of the ribbons so they wouldn't touch the food, and then stepped back to admire the result of their hard work. "I think that was the last thing we had to do. I hope we have enough food!" she said. Sherlock tore his gaze away from the bees that were slowly buzzing outside, and studied the tables carefully. "Even considering half of your guests are grown men, including some Dwarves, I'm quite sure you have enough food to feed all the residents in Baker Street, so.." "Thanks dear, I get it." Lhun answered quickly, before Sherlock could start on one of his extremely detailed and long analyses. "Please remember not to play around with your phone, some of the guests might not be used to such devices and it might make them nervous. Speaking of guests, I wonder when the first ones will show up!"

Post subject: Re: A-U Family Tree Spring Party
PostPosted: March 21st, 2013, 10:17 am 
Istari
Istari

Legolin came along with a basket if rolls."Hi Lhun" she called. "Fili was sure you had no rolls so I brought some to stop his fretting" Sherlock and Fili were soon discussing iPhones while Lhun and Legolin laughed at them and discussed cooking troubles."I am usually late I wonder why no one has shown up yet" remarked Legolin.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 21st, 2013, 11:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Smile." Lithi said as she paused outside the door with Holmes. "No." he replied. "You lied. There's been no murder here, everything's too calm for that." "Well I had to find some way to get you here, didn't I?" she replied, grabbing his arm and pulling him through the doorway into the party room. "Smile and be a proper gentleman!" she hissed at him as she waved at Lhun and legolin. "You might have fun!" The corner of Holmes' mouth twitched into a smile at that. "Knew that would amuse you, now come say hello to the family, then you can run off and talk to Sherlock." she said, approaching the others. Holmes said a polite but rushed hello before Lithi allowed him to break free of her hold and join Sherlock and Fili in conversation. "Hello sister! Hi legolin! Everything looks great, nice and Springish!" she said, looking around at all the decorations. "How are you both doing?"

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 6:23 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

*Knocking on the door* "I hope I look good tonight" Alatáriël said to her husband who she forced to dress up as a gentleman for just meeting her family, the spring party was a yearly epic of happiness. He smile at her as they approached the door "Relax, you will be fine." still her heart's beat can be clearly heard. She was not worry just for herself, his sake worried her as well but he is a man of letter still. The blood of royalties runs in his blood as well :) .

"I hear someone by the door." Alatáriël kept her hold tight on his hand. Here they go the meeting of her dearest kines.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 8:30 am 

"Oh, this is wonderful," Nurr sighed upon reaching the party. "So much better than all that snow we left behind!" She looked over to see Mat staring intently at the tables laden with food. "There's no ale!" He whined, with only a partially playful tone. "How is it a party without ale?"

"Hush." Nurr gave a swat at his arm. "I let you bring your dice and cards, that's well enough. And remember, no gambling for money with the dice. These are my friends and I don't want all their husbands hating me. Besides, I think the Holmes boys could give your luck a run for its money," she mused.

"Oh look, it's Alatariel! And...well, I guess I haven't met her husband yet." She ran back to the door. "Hello! So good to see you here. Mat!" He was moving slowly back, looking disgruntled at not getting to bet on dice. "You'll be fine, Mat. Alatariel, my friend Mat Cauthon."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 10:39 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Hello Mr.Cauthon I bet you are eager to bet on dice so as my Dean." Alatáriël pointed at her husband.

"O! Dearest Nurrantiel wonderful; You look prettier than ever. " Alatáriël took Nurrantiel's by the hand. "I see you have not meet my husband yet." Alatáriël gazz turned to her husband; Dean Winchester "How do you do Nurrantiel?" as a gentleman he put a soft kiss upon Nurrantiel hand.
"Now excuse us ladies we have some cards to play cards." Dean walked with Matt as he winked at Alatáriël.

Alatáriël sight and took Nurrantiel arm "Misfit he is my dearest hunter; why do not we go and seek the rest of the family."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 9:42 pm 

Nurr flushed as Dean took her hand. Because wow. That profile. "You boys behave. Minimal cheating!" She called after them as they walked away. "I have a feeling they'll get along splendidly," she said to Alatariel. "And did you see they had a chocolate fountain?" She started to eagerly pull Alatariel towards the rest of the group gathered closer to the tables.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 11:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

Fili and Sherlock hurriedly ran to the card table as the girls laughed as they argued about cheating. "I have never seen a chocolate fountain before." Remarked Legolin. "I just love spring!!" The girls strolled along near the tables as the guys began their card game. "Good luck" Legolin whispered to Fili as the game began. Fili smiled as she hurried to greet the next guest...

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 11:35 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lithi caught sight of the chocolate fountain and her mouth fell open. "Oh my....its like heaven in chocolate form! Excuse me for a moment, ladies!" she said to Lhun and legolin, rushing to the fountain. She took a strawberry from the food table and dipped it in the chocolate, a happy grin on her face as she took a bite. "Holmes, dear, get a strawberry and dip it in the chocolate! Oh, hello Nurr, Alatariel! Glad you could make it!" She added as the others approached the tables.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 11:42 pm 
Istari
Istari

Legolin followed Lithi to the fountain." This is delicious!!! " she exclaimed. "Fili you must leave that card game and come over here!!" Fili reluctantly went over to the fountain and was surprised to find that he liked it." Dwarves like everything" Legolin confided to Alatariel." I mean everything!!!"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 12:03 am 
Istari
Istari

"Sherlock suggested we join in on the card game the others have going on-" Holmes started to say as he scooped up a piece of pie. "Oh no!" Lithi interrupted. "You two joining in the game would be like droppin a few mountain lions in a sheep pen!....Oh alright, but try to keep your observations to a minimum." she sighed. She looked over at Legolin as Holmes headed off to the card table, saying "Why did I just tell one of the greatest detectives in the world he could play cards?" She laughed as she sampled one of the sandwiches.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 6:32 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I hope he gets along; Nurr. He has never been without his borther and .... " before Alatáriël finish her words she meet the anxious smiles of Lithôniel and legolin "Sweet Kines, How have you been?" wondered Alatáriël and the four of them headed over the chocolate fountain giggling and catching up the news of the past days.

Alatáriël smile at legolin12 and rolled her eyes "Ah! Dean is going to forget all about me as soon as he see the chocolate fountain . apparently hunters eats every thing too."

Last edited by Alatáriël Telemnar on March 23rd, 2013, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 9:08 am 
Istari
Istari

Legolin laughed and shook her head." I think they will eat everything on that table if we don't interfere!" They walked along chatting and laughing, occasionally glancing to see if the card game was over yet." I never knew a card game could take so long! I guess when I play I never have the patience to finish it" Alatariel laughed and they walked towards the card table

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 10:03 am 

"Don't worry about it too much, Lithi," Nurr replied to her concerns about Holmes joining the card game. "Mat wins more than he loses. Always. He has Luck. But I restrict him to cards, because at least then it's only about at 51/49% split! You ought to watch him play dice sometime. If he doesn't win 75% of the time it's a really bad day..." She chuckled. "Holmes might just help him lose a bit more though."

She rested her arm on Mat's shoulder and leaned over the table. "And how is it going, dear?" She teased.

"Light, these fellows are good! Much better than those puffed up dandies in Tear." He narrowed his eyes, concentrating as he tossed out another card. "And let me tell you another thing. I've been coming with you to these parties for ages, but this is the first time I've met decent men who know a good pipe of tabac and the value of ale like a Two Rivers man! Where have they been?"

"You're used to my friends bringing elves. Who like wine, I might add, but you never seemed to get to know them enough to know." Satisfied he was enjoying himself and not fleecing anyone, Nurr returned to the ladies' conversation. "Legolin, tell me, how long have you known Kili? I think he's perhaps the newest addition to the family?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 10:21 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Legolin joined Kili at the table and Alatáriël stood by her husband "I think you ladies have been talking about your men winning, feast your eyes upon Dean's talent with the cards." she winked at them and put a soft kiss upon her husband's cheek who let out a playful laugh "We'll see but I doubt over coming Mr. Holmes." All waited for the first cared to be played ...

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 11:12 am 
Istari
Istari

Dean put down the first card, and the guys groaned. " there goes my turn" Fili shook his head. "Don't worry," Legolin laughed."I warned you that Dean is really good at cards" everyone laughed and the game went on.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next