Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Celebration of the Marriage of Erin and Thranduil
PostPosted: June 1st, 2014, 1:39 am 
Ent
Ent

The dwarf man returned with three wooden boxes, some ink, a quil, and a roll of parchment. Erin set to work preparing her game. She was so focused on it, she did not notice her husband talking to their personal guards once more, and glancing over at her every few seconds. As if he were giving them new orders.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2014, 6:08 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Marida was glad that Thorin didn't expect her to sit on the throne all day looking pretty. First off, there was only the one throne, and they often had to take turns while the other just stood next to it. Nobody (other than Thorin and a few others) knew the throne area of Erebor better than Marida. She even tried to hide behind it once when Thorin looked in her direction back in the days when she first "fell" for him just prior to the attack on Erebor. "But that was a long time ago." Marida often told herself when she was reminiscing, but she still remembered it like it was yesterday. And secondly, that sounded incredibly dull and dreary, didn't the Elven Kings of Middle-earth have any sense of adventure?

"I can't speak for Thorin, but I'd be up for some games." Marida told Erin, glancing back towards her husband. Even though Thorin wasn't really the party type, that didn't mean that he didn't know how to have a good time, if the time called for it. If only Thranduil heard him sing or play the harp, he may even change his tune. And perhaps a little bit a fun will get Thorin's mind off the on going grudge he has against the Elven King (since dwarves held on to every hurt, it might take them a while to let go of any kind of betrayal by another race, particularily Elves), but somehow Marida doubted it.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 9:43 am 
Ent
Ent

"Great, you can try my game out first, if you like, Marida," said Erin, happily. It was clear that Erin always got involved in parties. Especially in the realm. She would dance with anyone who asked (which most elven men took it as an honor, that they had danced with the queen of the realm. She was entirely unaware of this, of course), she would sing and play games. Listen to tales of old or songs written by all.

She set out the three boxes in a row. "In these boxes, contains a piece of paper. Two contain the symbol from a kingdom of men - Gondor or Rohan, one contains a symbol of a ring. I have already decided which will be the winning symbol. Just open a box, and I will declare it winner or loss."

(Just pick the first symbol that pops into your head.)

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 2:54 pm 

(So do we choose a box and open it to see which symbol is inside that box, or do we choose a symbol?)

PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 4:07 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Open the box to see what the symbol is. But of course, each symbol can only be picked once.)

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 6th, 2014, 9:36 am 

(Since no one stepped up I'll make the first move!)

Lhun regarded the boxes for some time. She rarely played games like this, but the rules were simple and she was in the mood for a bit of fun. After about half a minute she chose the left box, and pulled it towards her. "It's a symbol of a golden horse on a green field. Which one is that?"

PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 12:12 am 
Istari
Istari

"Ooo! Lets see...." Tink said, tilting her head to the side as she regarded the last two boxes. "I'll try this one!" she finally said, pulling the one on the right towards her. "Mine's a white tree!"

PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 8:55 am 
Ent
Ent

"Lhun, you have selected Rohan, and Tink, you have selected Gondor. The winning symbol was the white tree of Gondor." Erin smiled.

(I mentioned the prizes in the RP family tree chat thread. PM me what you want, Tink.)

"Shall we play again?" asked Erin, after retrieving the boxes back from her mother and aunt.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 13th, 2014, 8:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

Since it seemed no one wanted to play the game again, Erin decided to mingle with the crowd. She borrowed a wooden flute from one of the dwarves near the buffet table. Erin wandered around the room, playing a cheerful song, that brought memories of the woodlands to mind. Apparently, the two guards were ordered to come rushing to her aid, when she played that song, because they rushed through the crowd, expecting to see someone attacking her. Of course, no one had. Erin also thought that was a little strange. Guards did follow her through the forest more than usual, when she played the flute.

She met her husband as she left the dancefloor. "Lónannûniel, we should depart soon."

"We can't leave first, Thranduil, that would be rude. We have to wait until all of our guests have left."

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 13th, 2014, 11:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

(sorry, been working and going to bed early. I'll go ahead and take my leave, since i'll be offline for the next week)

"Tink," Hook said, making his way through the crowd and drawing her attention. "We've been away from the ship too long." She gave a nod of agreement, understanding her husband was more comfortable barking out orders on the ship's deck as they traveled the ocean than he was at a party. She said goodbye to her sister and brother-in-law, then taking Hook's arm went to find her niece. Finding Erin, she offered both an apology for leaving so soon, explaining Hook's desire to return to his ship, as well as again offering her congratulations to the newlyweds. Tink hesitated a moment before they left the party room, arching an eyebrow at Hook. "Am I going to have to search your pockets?" He gave her an amused grin. "No, love, I swear I am leaving here with no more in my pockets than I had when I arrived!" She gave a satisfied nod, again linking her arm with his. They only went a few steps before she again stopped, saying "You may not have any more in your pockets, but you're not leaving with anything different are you? No trading of items going on?" He feigned offense, replying "I give my word as a gentleman, nothing of the sort took place!" Tink sighed, glancing upwards before letting the matter drop, deciding to trust him. She called out a final farewell and gave a wave before they exited the party room.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 2:25 pm 
Ent
Ent

(It's alright, Tink. Since everyone is busy, we might as well end it. I am a little dissapointed, but I guess I chose the wrong time to throw a party.)

Erin said goodbye to her aunt. To amuse herself, she would play a few notes on the flute, to catch the attention of her guards, then pretended she had done no such thing.

"You are aware of the guards following you," said Thranduil.

"Every time I move, they do too. Even before this party. Anyone would notice."

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 16th, 2014, 6:15 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"I hope you'll be able to attend my birthday celebration next month." Marida told Erin as she was preparing to leave Erebor along with some of the other guests. She hoped that Erin wasn't in any kind of danger, because the way the guards were acting, it sure seemed that way. Marida guessed that Erin's new husband really didn't want to be in the mountain kingdom (possibly because of the on-going feud between Thranduil and Marida's own husband, the one and only Thorin Oakenshield), and wanted to leave as soon as possible, but perhaps he was more concerned what was really going on with his new wife, which would explain the guards.

Marida remembered a similar time to when she was first assigned a "protector", and still believed it was some kind of royalty thing, because for some reason, the bad guys always wanted to punish those in power first. "Typical." Marida often thought to herself, and wondered what Thorin had in mind for her own birthday celebration. Since the wedding ceremony as well as the upcoming Durin's Day celebration was to be held in Erebor, Marida doubted it would be held in the mountain kingdom, though it may be somewhere close, like Dale, but it could be a little farther away like Laketown, since Marida always wanted to see the place where the dragon met his end (since she was in Erebor when Smaug first attacked, so it was only fair to want to visit the place where he met his end).

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 17th, 2014, 10:45 am 
Ent
Ent

"Of course I would be there," said Erin. "It seems like I hardly see anything but the realm these days. A good party will give me something to look forward to."

While Erin was talking to Marida, under the instruction of their king, the guards had gone outside, to check that all was clear. The news pleased Thranduil, enough for him to tell to stand down a little, in their relentless guard of his wife.

He came over to Erin, taking hold of her arm. "Lónannûniel, we have to leave, now. We may never get another chance."

"Are you going to tell me why we have to hury?"

Thranduil shook his head.

"Then I'm not going. Besides, I have to return this flute to the man I borrowed it from."

The Elven King whispered something into her ear. Only a few words, but it was enough to make her give in. Erin said a few good byes to the members of her family still here, promising to see them again at the next party. She returned the wooden flute to the dwarven man she had borrowed it from.

Once they were out of the mountain, the guards took to their horses, and went ahead.

Thranduil and Erin were able to ride back on the elven elk in peace.

"Wonderful party," said Erin, taking one last look at the mountain.

"Tollerable than some."

"Since you're part of this family now, you have to be nice about them."

"I will make you a deal, my beloved. I will make an alliance with the dwarves, forget old grudges and the like. Be as civil as you want me to be to your family. If you stop questioning my orders, and do as I ask."

"Those things are not the same, and you know it."

So it would seem, the king and queen were not going to agree that day.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW