Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: AU Family Tree Halloween Party
PostPosted: November 19th, 2014, 8:36 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Kraven and Megan had been about to head off to find whoever had been screaming whenever he smelled something. He turned to look down the long hallway, and said "Well that's strange." Megan looked at him and asked "What's wrong dear?" Kraven made a confused face and said "I smell brimstone coming from down the hall. Do you sense anything from that direction?"

Megan closed her eyes and focused her senses in the direction of the hall. She then stretched out her senses to feel for anything unusual. Once she was finished she slowly opened her eyes and said "I can feel something dark, and strong, but I don't know what it is." At that moment a person walked out of one of the walls near the end of the hall, but they looked like they were only half there.

The person seemed to be appearing and disappearing as they walked across the hall and finally walked through the opposite wall from where they had come from. Megan and Kraven hurried toward the spot where the person had been. It was unbelievably cold, but both walls had what looked like burns, and the floor was covered in burned footprints.

All of the burns were warm like they had just happened and know he knew for certain what the smell was, because he was smelling it again, there was no doubt that it was the smell of brimstone. He looked at Megan and said "We have to find everyone else, they need to know about this." Megan nodded her head in agreement, and they took off back to the main party room.

As they arrived at the party room they noticed that everyone was back. Kraven looked at everyone and said "I have a question to ask, and something to say. First off, the question, whose idea was it to have the party here? Second, we have an issue. I don't know if you know this, but we're trapped with no way out, and something is in here with us. We just saw what could only be described as a ghost, or maybe a Demon, but let's hold off on that choice until we have no other options, I'd rather not jump straight to the worst outcome if I don't have to."

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: November 20th, 2014, 11:50 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

"Fan-freaking-tastic." Rin stated clearly frustrated after Kraven finished his statement. She threw the hilt of her shattered sword into the wall by the front door where the remains of her shattered sword were. "The door is also enchanted against weapons in case anyone was wondering. No doubt the windows as well." Although it pained her to do it she ripped off the train and the sleeves from her outfit. Good thing she decided to wear shorts under that. If anything bad did happen it would be better to have a little more mobility to fight or run. "I wish I could remember who's idea it was to have the party here. Next time I suggest we thoroughly investigate the reputation and grounds before hosting a family event."
"Either way, we all need to do out best to stick together." Sean added. "Things have gone from bad to worse and we cannot afford to lose anyone again."
"We are going to have to figure out a way out of here. Anyone have any ideas?" Rin's mind wandered to a library she had passed in the halls and the books and journals in the bedroom she and Sean had discovered. As she listened to everyone's ideas she spit out hers. "I know there is a vast library a little ways into the house's halls. Also there was a bedroom with a lot of old books scattered around. It looked as though someone was doing research once before. If we can find anything about the house in any of the books it might help us to know what we are dealing with. I would also hope that the schematics of the building maybe in the library as well..."

PostPosted: November 21st, 2014, 1:16 am 
Istari
Istari

"When in doubt, go to the library, thats what I always say." Tink agreed with a nod. She grabbed a bottle of rum from the bar she was near and seeing the others arched brows said, "Hey, we're locked in what sounds like a haunted castle where its crazy easy to get lost in, I'm bringing this along in case I need it at some point tonight. Never said I was a brave pirate when it comes to the supernatural."

"If we can find a map of the castle perhaps there will be a way out underground. Castles often have secret escape routes." Hook offered.

"If anyone can find a journal too, that may be helpful." Tink pointed out. "If this castle has a history of hauntings someone must have written them down, we could better understand whats going on through a first hand account...Despite the rather unpleasant circumstances, if you step back and look at it all, you gotta admit this is a brilliant place for a Halloween party."

Hook looked over at her, eyebrow arched. "How much have you had to drink already tonight, love?"

"Haha, funny. Seriously, nobody do anything you see in horror movies. Never turns out well, remember?" Tink added.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2014, 4:33 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

"Oh we know horror movie characters." Sean chimed in regarding Tink's horror movie line with a slight laugh.

"Yeah, except this one is usually the one doing all the killing in the movie as it turns out." Rin added as she looked at Sean with an innocent smile to conceal the slight laughter bubbling up inside her. "But not acting like people in horror movies also means no running around in the woods topless. Well damn, there goes the rest of my plans for the night." Sarcasm was one of her natural defences and at times she hated it, but if it could make a few people laugh then it was okay. "Do you remember where that bedroom is, Sean?"

"I'm pretty sure... It was off the main hall not too far from where I found you."

"Okay... And the library was just off of the room I was in when you found me... We may have to split up to search the rooms."

"It might be a better to grab the books from the bedroom and take them with us to the library. Almost everytime we all split up something happens." Rin nodded in agreement still clearly thinking as Sean took off his suit blazer/jacket and set it by the bar.

"Let's see what we can find then." Rin added with small sigh and smile. She took Sean's hand as everyone started walking towards the hall. She didn't want to get separated from him in this weird house, especially now that she had no sword of her own to protect herself with. Sean would have to be her Richard Sharpe and Boromir even more than usual. It was now that she wished she was a little more proficient at hand to hand combat, she hated feeling this helpless.

"It's too quiet." Sean commented as he looked down the hall. A still silence hung in the air that made Rin's spine tingle. "Be careful and stick together." Rin felt Sean squeeze her hand in assurance as everyone began to walk down the hall.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2014, 5:48 pm 
Ent
Ent

Seeing everyone else excited about going to the library, to find a way out, Erin got quite caught up in the moment. She could have told them that she had a key to the door all along, but that would spoil their fun. Instead, she followed after them--with Thranduil following her. The curiosity of the castle had caught even his attention.

"In a place like this, the tricks get you, when you least expect it. So, everyone, expect a trap to get you," Erin advised. In case they all turned on her, she kept quiet about the fact that she helped arrange this party.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 21st, 2014, 11:51 pm 
Istari
Istari

(^ :lol: )

"Be sure to watch the floors as well, right Erin?" Tink half joked and half cautioned as she smiled at her niece. The thought of traps lying in wait for them around the castle filled her with worry though, and she made a quick scan of the others who where with them before she focused on Hook. Tink linked her arm with Hook's left, leaving his sword arm free, and was practically glued to his side as they followed the others.

"Nervous?" he asked with amusement.

"Not losing you again." she replied as she looked up at him. "Its bad enough I have to constantly worry about that Crocodile of yours, now I have a ghost thing weighing on my mind."

He nodded. "Still have that knife in your boot?"

"Of course." Tink answered. "Though how much good that'll do against a ghost remains to be seen."

He gave her a warm smile of reassurance, momentarily squeezing her arm against him. She returned his smile, knowing she hit the jackpot when she married a pirate with a secret heart of gold, at least where she was concerned that is.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2014, 12:26 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(( :lol: Erin.))

"Here we are." Sean stated as he and Rin entered the doorway to the bedroom. Wordlessly Rin went to where the books were and grabbed them. For good measure she also checked around the area around her current position. It didn't look like there was anything else of interest here. "Is that everything?"
"It looks like it..." Rin responded. "The library was back over that way." Sean stayed close on her tail as everyone followed her down the hall. She stopped in the room she was originally found in. A light down the left hall had caught her attention. "That light wasn't on before... I don't think it smart to rush into a possible trap yet. The library is just beyond the doors in between the stairs." She walked into the library super quietly. It was dark, only a few candles lit the desks in the middle of the room. She instantly went and left the few books from the bedroom on the desk before taking a few feet back into the previous room to take the sword from the other set of armour in the room. Sean eyeing her the whole time while attempting to find the light switch in the room.
"That feels better." Rin commented as she held the blade in her right hand. As Rin closed the door behind her someone had found the light switch and turned them on. the room was covered in dust in certain areas. It looked like no one had been in here for a while. What a pity. "Let's see what we can find then. Make sure everyone sticks in pairs at least." Two stories full of books. This was going to be fun. "Shall we?" Rin asked as she and Sean went upstairs to try and find something.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 12:06 am 
Istari
Istari

Tink released Hook's arm finally, starting towards the bookshelves.

"Be careful!" Hook cautioned.

"Shh darling, I'm in my element." Tink tossed back at him as she skimmed a hand over the bindings of the books, scanning over the faded titles.

Hook stayed near her, also examining rows of books. He paused a moment and looked over at her. "What are you humming?"

Tink paused a moment, glancing over at him as she muttered, "The theme from Beauty and the Beast...Well we're in a nice library you know!"

Hook rolled his eyes but smiled in amusement, abandoning the book shelves to skim a hand over the walls not filled with the shelves, checking for any trick doors. Tink also abandoned the shelves, an old writing desk against a wall catching her eye. She started rummaging through the drawers, coming to one at the bottom that was locked. She pulled a pin from her hair and knelt down, sticking it into the lock. "Its all about the tumblers." she muttered to herself as she patiently worked at the lock, finally hearing a faint click as her reward. "Hello there!" she said when she finally managed to jiggle the stuck drawer open and saw the worn leather cover of an old journal. She pulled it out, leaning against the writing desk as she eagerly thumbed through it.

"Well, what's it say?" Hook asked, coming to stand by her side as he glanced down at the yellowed pages.

"August 12, 1812...Could not wear the blue muslin to the ball since the cat ruined the fabric by vomiting on it. Hopefully the pink muslin I was forced to wear did not damage my appearance in Mr. Thomas's eyes." Tink's shoulders slumped as she stared at the page. "Really?"

PostPosted: November 25th, 2014, 1:53 pm 
Ent
Ent

(( XD Well, in my defence, no one asked me for the key. XP ))

Erin stared up at the many books with awe. This place was magnificent. Quiet, just how she liked it. Books that she could read if she felt like it. Easily she could play her flute, without anyone guarding her all the time. Such a place would never exist in the woodland realm. The elves there had no interest in knowledge, beyond the cut of a perfect gem or the glisten of the stars.

"It is beautiful," Erin muttered.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 28th, 2014, 1:56 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(Well I don't know what Rinoa Amarth was thinking about the door when she posted what she did, but I was thinking that it was magically locked by something, not by someone, so if Erin tried the key she probably would just have ended up snapping it in half, or something to that effect. Wouldn't really help us that much in the long run. Also I'll try to get on, but my phone is acting up, and that's what I us to get on the internet, so I may have to wait until sometime between the 10th, and the 15th, of December before I can start getting on regularly again. Sorry.)

Kraven watched everyone else leave to look for some information on how to get out of the house. After they where gone he and Megan went to look for the kitchen. He looked at Megan and said "While they try to figure a way out of here, we need to find some things to defend ourselves with." Megan shook her head in agreement and said "Right, so we need to look for silver, salt, preferably rock salt, but regular salt will do if I remember correctly, and I really don't know what else we could find in an old house like this."

Kraven responded "Rock salt is better, but any kind of salt will do. We should be able to find some iron somewhere, and if we can get some buckets to fill with water then I should be able to bless them so we can have holy water. Also if we can find some crosses that would help too." As he finished speaking they found the kitchen. Megan looked at him and said "Let's work quickly. Who knows how much time we have." Kraven nodded and they began to gather all the things they could find that might help them.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2014, 11:46 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Rin? Sean? You two still up here?" Tink called out as she started up the stairs, Hook following behind her. "Didn't find anything down here. Just an old journal that sounds like it was written by Lydia Bennett or something."

"Who?" Hook asked, looking at her in confusion.

"Jane Austen character, I should introduce you to Pride and Prejudice sometime." Tink replied.

They topped the stairs, pausing to stare at the amount of books held by the second floor.

Tink gazed at all the books like a stray dog would stare at a steak. "Killian, love, are you sure I haven't died and gone to heaven?"