Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: AU Family Tree Halloween Party
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 11:42 pm 
Istari
Istari

Tink glanced at Kraven's wings with an approving nod. "Saves on gas money, I'm sure." she said with a smile, glad that he was comfortable enough with the family to reveal his mutation, before turning to his wife with a bright smile, "And its nice to meet you, Megan. Love your hair, by the way!"

A rowdy shout came from the group of drinkers, Hook's laughter drawing her attention. It seemed he was trying to start up a drinking game with Rinoa's husband, poor Kili between them looking rather torn. She sighed, finally catching his eye as she gave him a slight shake of the head. She turned to Mistress Durin, "I'm sorry, oh poor Kili! I'll slip word to Hook to nix any games or contests...and actually to be mindful of how much he drinks as well! Its not an easy task to get a drunk man back to the ship, especially if that drunk man happens to have a hook for a hand!" she added holding up her arm, the thin white scar along her inner forearm evidence of that fact. "Got a bundle of roses for that one." she smirked.

When Lhun approached after making a quick greeting round she gave her sister a quick hug. "Everything looks great! Including your outfit!" she laughed. "And I can't wait to meet Erik, compliment him on his decor contributions. And true, I figure so long as Hook keeps his snarky side under control, they'll get along just fine. I hope!" she added with a laugh.

She noticed Erin wandering through the crowd, and excused herself from the others to join her niece. "You did a wonderful job with the banners, Erin." she complimented as she kept pace with her. After a slight pause she quietly added, "Everything will be fine. No blood was shed at the last party, after all. We're a rather jumbled bunch, aren't we?" she asked with a light laugh, gaze traveling over the party. "But we get along well enough, we're family after all!" She paused as Hook appeared at her side, holding a drink out for her. She took it, giving him a grateful kiss on the cheek while also taking the chance to whisper a request for him to stop attempting to start a drinking game. He heaved a disappointed sigh but gave her a nod before returning to his new drinking buddies. "I dont expect one party to change years of ill will," she said, continuing the conversation, "But I do believe that mutual respect for family ties will eventually better things. Just have faith and trust." She gave her niece a wink and a grin, "Though I could toss some pixie dust around for a little extra measure, if you want."

PostPosted: October 18th, 2014, 1:05 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Kraven nodded his head, and said "As a general rule. Yes, it does, but there are still times that I need a vehicle, and that can be very uncomfortable." He grimaced at the thought of the cab ride here. They were definitely going to be flying back home when the party was over. He couldn't stand to hide his wings for another cramped cab drive.

Megan smiled and said with pride "Thank you. It's my natural color. Not a single drop of dye has ever touched my hair, and it never will." She had always been proud of her mutant nature, whereas Kraven had resented it when he was younger.

Megan was looking him over think that something looked wrong, when she giggled musically, she then leaned close to him and said teasingly "You did it again Kraven." He looked at her confused and asked "Did what again?" Megan rolled her eyes and replied "I guess I should say that you didn't do something again." She then glanced at his lower back.

Kraven got the message then said "Oops. You know I'm still used to hiding, and not showing, my mutant side. Unless I'm at the institute, or on a mission." He then unwound from around his waist, and slid out from under the back of his shirt, a long reptilian tail, one that he had hide also under his shirt with his wings when he was smaller, and had wanted no one to know about it, it had been much smaller back then though.

It ended with a long spike, and had four spines laying against his tail near the spike, that when he then spread them open made it look like he had stuck his tail through the center of an X. He then closed the spines back to his tail, which made his tail look like a philips head screw driver that had been made to long and thin to be usable. His shirt also now showed the muscles on his stomach, and back, since his tail was no longer in the way.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: October 18th, 2014, 1:09 am 
Ent
Ent

It took a few seconds for Erin to process what her aunt Tink had just said to her. Erin was in a world of her own, but the conversation brought her back out of it. "Thanks. It took a while to choose the right ones, then even longer to put them up." She glanced around, noting the clear absence of her husband. She hoped that Thranduil hadn't left without her. It already took them long enough to get to the castle from Middle Earth as it was, she did not feel like making the journey on her own. "I doubt pixie dust could solve my problems. Unless there is some kind of pixie spell, that completely changes a person's personality." She finally realised that a lot of the family had arrived. "I'm glad everyone could make it. Mum and I spent a lot of time preparing the party. It would be such a shame, if it ended up a small party again. I'm just glad to celebrate a proper holiday. There are so few in Middle Earth."

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 18th, 2014, 9:13 am 
Balrog
Balrog

((I had started typing a reply a during the time I had before my shift and then went back to try and finish it when I saw new posts. :lol: I just waited until I got home at that point. Love more replies though, honestly!))

Rinoa waved back to Lhun and smiled. She couldn't help but laugh as Hook was trying to bait Sean into a drinking game as she mixed herself a light pour vodka mixed drink she enjoyed called, sex on the beach. Sean could certainly hold his liquor, but he figured drinking games with a pirate may not be the wisest idea. Especially when he had promised years back not to get too drunk when he and Rin went out somewhere. He succeed most of the time. Sean knew Rinoa loved him with all her heart, but she has very little patience when someone is super drunk. He couldn't deny that he was sorely tempted to take the Captain up on his game before he left to take a drink to Tink.

Rinoa caught sight of Kraven out of hiding as she looked up after putting her drink in a glass and smiled that he was feeling comfortable enough to be himself. Family should accept and love each other no matter what. She had always hoped everyone would remember that, even if she forgot it herself sometimes. He looked amazing! Just the mental image of him and Megan soaring the skies together brought her joy. Normality was just something that did not exist in Rinoa's family and Sean had come to accept that a long time ago. He had been married to her for years after all. When he caught sight of Kraven without his duster he took a moment to really look over Kraven and Megan. They were really something amazing. "How great and free it must be to have wings." Sean commented as he took another drink from his mug.
"Especially when they are natural and not CGI like you and I get." Rin added as she bent over the bar to talk to him. The two shared a small laugh. "They look great don't they?" Rin had started to look around at the arrangement of liquors that were here. Looked as though there was a little of everything. Straight barrels of rum and brews as well has bottled hard liquors along the wall.
"They really do." Sean replied back.
"So Hook. Pray tell, what are the rules of your drinking game?" Rin asked with a mischievous smile when he returned. "We will all have to arrange a time to get together and play a few games in the near future."

When Erin eventually arrived at the drinking group to ask how everyone was doing Sean replied with a small smile, "We are doing great, Erin. Thank you for checking on us all."
"Care for a drink, Erin?" Rinoa added a few seconds later as she had scanned the room and took note that Erin's husband had gone missing. Hopefully just needed to use the restroom? Rin thought to herself. "There is almost everything here and if you were interested in a mixed drink I can whip it up for you, no problem."

PostPosted: October 18th, 2014, 11:00 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Mistress Durin, too, also heard the laughter from the men drinking. Hook was trying to lure Sean into a game of drink, and Kili was off the side, taking no part because he was told not to. His sad face, almost made her feel bad. He was just too hard to resist sometimes, with his cheeky personality. She often fell for it. Almost, just almost she wanted to kiss his cheek and tell him to drink to his heart's content. This time, no, she would not allow it.

"Do please," she said to Tink. Leaving Kili out of the fun was not something she wanted to do, but it was for the better sometimes. "It's hard to do this to him." She tried not to laugh at the fact of trying to get a drunk pirate home. Getting any drunk male home was a challenge. When she saw the scar left on poor Tink's arm, she did not want to imagine what had happened then. "Oh my, I would sure hope you got something for that," she said in reply to when Tink had told her she got roses for that scar.

"Do you know how vast Erebor is?" she asked. "It's much bigger than it looks from the outside. I am certain it goes for miles all around. The last time dear Kili got himself so drunk after a party with his fellow dwarves, full of drinking contests and what not. It took myself and his brother to drag him to our rooms. He could not walk by night's end. I was certain we walked a mile across Erebor, even worse when we live on the second level. Fili and I left him on the floor and that was that. In the morning he did not know why he was on the floor." She laughed now. "He tried to spoil me rotten after that as a sorry. Jewels from his share of the hord. You know dwarves." She laughed again.

Mistress Durin did notice that Erin looked rather frustrated, mostly due to her Elf King husband. She smiled and said, "Erin, dear, come join us. Our men our doing their own things. Come, let us ladies have our own fun. You've worked so hard preparing this lovely party, time to join in on the fun."

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 19th, 2014, 1:46 am 
Istari
Istari

Tink sighed as she shook her head at her niece. "While I'm sure there's spells to change a person's personality, I dont advise it. Tampering with something such as that..." she drifted off, offering a shrug to finish her point. "Personally I think all they need is something that would create a mutual respect for one another, I think that would be a satisfactory development." she added before they had made their rounds back to Mistress Durin.

"Yes, I remember how large Erebor is!" she said, laughing at her story of Kili's rather drunken night. "How you managed that, I couldn't guess! I'll admit, Hook can be rather adorable when drunk, I do find it amusing when he calls the ship the "Rolly Jodger"...Plus he's a lot of fun to mess with in that state, play little tricks on him." she added with a playful grin. "And I asked him to forget drinking contests, and instead suggested a dice game. Though I'm afraid my husband will be surprised when he finds I nicked his trick dice from his pocket!" She paused to look over at the drinking party, giving an approving nod as she added, "Oh good, the game is in full swing, and they're gambling with various desserts and treats instead of money I'm glad to say."

PostPosted: October 19th, 2014, 4:51 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Don't worry about Thorin, Erin," Marida began, "he'll come around. Eventually." She knew from experience how stubborn dwarves could be, and since they held on to every hurt, it may take them a while to forgive and forget. "Some more than others." she thought to herself, stealing a quick glance towards her husband, not a mean glance, but a warning one.

The only time Marida got dressed up was when she had to, like at her coronation for example. Why some cultures insisted that you got dressed up as if going into battle was beyond her. "I guess it's just the custom." she thought to herself when Thorin didn't really give her an answer when she asked if they were going into battle. It seemed some of the dwarven customs were similiar to those of the race of men.

No one knew more about Erebor than Marida. When she was first "set up" with Thorin back in the days just prior to the attack on the mountain kingdom by the dragon Smaug, she was even appointed a "protector" by Thorin himself so that she wouldn't get lost in such a vast kingdom (since it was her first visit to Erebor, though she did look upon it's front gates during Thorin and Marida's first meeting. They had quite a history, which is probably the reason that Marida refused to be set up with anyone else. She wasn't the type of person to be set up with someone that she didn't have a history with, since strangers often made Marida nervous, even those amongst her own race that she wasn't that familiar with) whom she still had to this day.

Since those in power didn't drink much (or at least Marida didn't, but she did enjoy the occasional ale), she decided to simply watch the so-called "drinking game" rather than take part in it. She also wanted to keep tabs on both Thorin and Thranduil, to make sure that things didn't get ugly (not that they would, but Marida didn't want to take any chances, since Thorin wasn't the type of person to start a fight, or at least not for no reason). If anyone were to cause trouble, Marida's bet was on the only pirate in the family, or perhaps Kili, whom Thorin was talking to now, since Kili sometimes got in over his head, and had to be "looked" after.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 19th, 2014, 8:19 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Perhaps Tink found some amusement in it, but there really wasn't anything amusing about a very drunk dwarf, that was for certain. Now there might be some. "I managed because I had to. Fili too. Never one to leave his brother behind no matter what."

"A dice game, eh? Dwarves enjoy them too, but I seen a few turn into drinking games before." She then shrugged. "Dwarves, I tell you.." Glancing over at the men's game, she laughed at Tink's comment. "A gamble for desserts, that's funny. As long as they don't gamble them all away, and save some for the rest of us."

Kili was less bothered being denied in a game of drink now, for Thorin was not conversing with him. This pleased her enough. After all, they did not come here for a drinking games. But more or less to socialized with family distant family. Kili was always the reckless one, he enjoyed fun rather than hold on to responsibly, as not much pressure was on him, the second heir. However, he can be very serious when he needed to be, but Kili still needed looking after from time to time. She will admit though, Kili's cheekiness and charm were hard to resist and it's pulled her into so-called 'fun and games' that have gotten them both into trouble, and scorned by Thorin once or twice.

She then glanced over at Kraven, who was introducing his wife around to everyone. "Greetings brother," she said. "And a pleasure to meet you, Megan." She rolled her eyes at his teasing comment about Kili. "Oh hush it," she said with a smirk. "Drunk dwarves are much trouble, did you not hear what happened last time? We are aways from Erebor, you can help drag him home next time." She then laughed.

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 20th, 2014, 1:31 pm 
Ent
Ent

Erin decided that she would accept Mistress Durin's invitation. She did deserve to have fun. To be honest, she was not quite sure how to participate in the events of the party that had unfolded. The parties she was used to in the Woodland Realm were a much more formal affair, with dancing and music played on a harp. When at parties such as this, her kind of fun was much different to everyone else's.

"Alright," she said. "So, what were you doing, before I came over?"

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 20th, 2014, 2:28 pm 

(Hi all, I'll be absent from the forum for the next two months and will therefore no longer join in this RP party. I hope you have loads of fun though! :) )

Lhun quickly walked over to her daughter. "Erin I'm very sorry for leaving so soon, but something urgent has come up that needs to be solved right now! I hope you and Thranduil can manage the party from now on, and that everyone will enjoy their evening." She said goodbye to the other guests and left the party.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2014, 4:21 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(I am having loads of fun! Thank you Lhun! <3 I hope you'll come back and give us story time of what you have been up to!)

As soon as the men started a game of dice with desserts, Rin left the area with her small drink. She had spotted Lhun going around rather frantically to hug people. Rin joking told Sean that he better win a brownie for her before she went to Lhun. When Lhun said her good-byes and told he something urgent had come up Rin hugged her back.
"I was hoping we would be able to talk a bit more, but if you need to go you need to go. I hope everything will be okay! It was lovely to meet you Erik. Hopefully we will see you both again soon." Rin looked back at everyone that remained and smiled to herself as she looked at them all, unsure of what to do. A part of her wished there was a little music.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2014, 4:47 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

((I know that I'm enjoying this already. It's terrible that you can't keep going with us, but hopefully we can create something else when you've got more time so that we can have more fun together. Talk to you, whenever we next get the chance. :bye2: :hug: ))

Kraven laughed at Mistress Durins comment and said "Well that depends on which time you mean. If you mean the last time in Erebor, then you should come to expect that, it's home after all. If on the other hand you mean the last time that you were away, then that would be a resounding no. Also, I don't think it wise for me to take him home if he's drunk. He'd look at me, and most likely think me some kind of spawn of Smaug, since as you have said he would be drunk, and then we would have a whole other kind of mess on our hands."

He then looked at Tink and said "I personally don't mind if they eat all the sweets, but I would be upset if they chose to start in on the meats, and then ate all of those. I'll also be upset if they somehow manage to drink all that there is to drink here. I on the other hand don't have to worry about getting drunk, heightened metabolism, I can't get drunk."

Megan rolled her eyes then said "You may not care if they eat all the sweets, but I'm with your sister on this one, I would not be happy about it. Especially if I don't get to have some first. Also, just because you can't get drunk doesn't mean your allowed to splurge, and you best leave enough meat for everyone else." "All right, all right, I get it. Stay on the short leash today. I'll do my best." He said said the last bit sarcastically, and exaggerated a bow to her. Megan just smiled and shook her head at him.

Kraven then saw Thorin talking to Kili and turned back to Mistress Durin and said "We better remember to talk mother, and father, or else well never hear the end of it." At that time Erin walked up, and Kraven looked at her and said "Well I was picking on my sister. I was introducing my new, beautiful, wife Megan Gwynn-Silverfox to everyone." Megans wings fluttered as she smiled at Erin and said "Pleased to met you." then Kraven continued "I was also revealing a little about my new self." when he said this part he opened, and then closed, his wings, swung his tail a little, and indicated the rest of his new look.

Then he thought about it for a second and said "And these two where discussing what their men had done for them after falling into drunken stupors. It seems they have a bit of trouble keeping them out of trouble." Lhun then came up, and said her goodbyes, which Kraven and Megan returned. Then he looked at his wife and said "I do hope everything is alright." as Lhun and Eric left. Megan looked at the couple as the left and agreed "Yeah, me too."

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2014, 4:34 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

((I know it has only been three days, but it feels like forever to me since anyone has posted. :lol:))

Rinoa had started to walk around to admire the décor. Everything was so carefully placed and Erik's work with the metal decorations was astonishing. A mutant in the family was nothing new but his power was so interesting to her. She wondered what he must be thinking about to make metal bend to his will. She happened to glance over at Hook and Sean still in their game. Hook seemed to be a little confused and grimaced a little when rolls did not go his way, much to Sean's silent amusement. Thorin and Kili were still talking and occasionally laughing. Most everyone else was conversing, but still, where was Thranduil? He just seemed to disappear.
Rin went back towards the open bar and set her empty glass down and as a courtesy refilled anyone's drinks if they wanted. She kissed Sean on the forehead as she left to explore the house. Her curiosity was starting to get the better of her about this location and if Thranduil was okay. Sure he and Thorin had a rough past, to put it lightly, but to just disappear? Maybe the house really is haunted.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2014, 11:50 pm 
Istari
Istari

(sorry, been busy or just plain tired! but i'm back!)

Tink made her way to the game table, accepting a glass of rum from Rin before she moved off to explore the house. Sipping at her drink she stood behind Hook, biting her lip as he made another poor throw with the dice. Frustrated, he swept the dice off the table and turned to look back at her, holding the dice out to her. "Give me some luck love?...Tink, what did you do?" he quietly added when she glanced away, trying to hide her amusement. "You took my good dice, didn't you?"

"Well you can't cheat family Killian!" she playfully argued.

"We're playing for bloody pastries!" he replied over the others laughter.

"Well you play fair for those pastries, its good form you know." she added with a wink. "Meanwhile, I feel like poking around this old place, see what the other rooms may hold." she added, draining her glass of rum and setting it on the bar before starting for the doorway. Catching something from the corner of her eye she glanced over, eyebrow arched.

"If you think I'm letting you wander around this place alone, you're insane." Hook said in response to her look.

"Hmm. I think I saw Rin head this way as well." Tink said, peeking out into the dim hallway beyond the party room. She took one last glance over her shoulder at the warm and inviting party, but her curiosity couldn't be denied, pirates are explorers and treasure seekers after all.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2014, 5:31 pm 
Ent
Ent

Erin wandered the room a little while more. She decided to step out into the corridor, to get some peace and quiet. The party was quiet loud, and everyone was having fun. She took out her wooden flute, and started to play. The song reminded her of the woodland realm, and the moment she met Thranduil. It was her favourite to play. The more she thought about it, the more she missed the guards following her around all the time. At least Thranduil was around, instead of leaving her all alone in a strange place.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 24th, 2014, 7:09 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

((It's all good. :lol: I understand. I have been rather busy as well and most of my posts take chunks of time to post. I only have 10 mins here and there at work.))

Rin was an adventurer at heart. She almost always wandered the wilds on her own when she went camping. Probably why she would love to have the chance to be Lara Croft someday. She continued down a hall of the house and noticed a light on in a room. Curiosity called and she opened it to find a nice bathroom. Well at least no one was inside, she thought to herself. Good to know the bathroom was not overly far from the main hall where the party was.

Sean laughed as Hook commented that they were playing for pastries. As the game he and Hook were play grew to a close Sean set aside one of the treats for his wife and offered the rest to everyone around him. He straightened his jacket as he stood and set the cups on the table down on the bar counter. Even though she may not have realized it he had caught which direction his wife had ventured down. "Rin did venture down this way, you are right, Tink." Sean stated as he walked towards her and Hook peering down the hallway. "Mind if I join you until we find her?"

Rin had found a few galleries and guest bedrooms. The sound of Erin's flute seemed to echo through the house. Rin closed her eyes to listen to the beautiful melody. It seemed to calm her soul as she listened. She was still curious as the where Erin's husband had run off to and why he left her in the first place. As Erin played her heart and feelings into her music, Rin came across a room with two staircases that lead to the upper floors of the mansion. As she hummed a small tune she couldn't help but take not of the acoustics in the room. No one was around right? She went over towards a suit of armour and stood near it, particularly eyeing the sword it held. Aside from Erin's flute in the distance it was quiet. The temptation of the room was too great. Rin gently started singing "The Reign" by Tarja Turunen. The room was almost like a sound stage, The dome on the ceiling seemed to catch quite a bit of the sound and reflect it back towards the middle of the room. Her high soprano voice steadily rose in volume as she found more enjoyment in the room.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next