Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AU Family Tree Halloween Party
PostPosted: October 13th, 2014, 5:29 pm 

For many years visitors and explorers were drawn to the dark castle. Some were seduced by the thought of encountering treasures, others merely wanted to experience a bit of adventure, but all returned to the pub at the tiny town square with the same story:

The castle is the most prominent feature in the otherwise deserted landscape. Usually no sign of life could be detected behind it's broken windows, nor were strangers encouraged to wander the empty corridors or abandoned hallways. But for tonight small orange lights are burning along the driveway. Carved pumpkins of various shapes and sizes, as well as fat orange candles invite visitors to the large oaken doors of the castle.

At the doors stands an old proud and respectful man. Something is quite strange about him. You cannot quite put your finger on it, but you feel he could be lighter than air. With his grey slicked back hair, and a suit from a time long past, worn and threadbare at parts. You assume he must be the buttler. He greets you almost welcomingly. His voice seems distant, as if he has not spoken for quite a long time.

"Welcome to the House of Mystery. Come in, and sit by the fire--if you can find the parlour, hidden somewhere down the many dark and dreary corridors. Let our many hosts greet you, we have longed to invite the living for such a long time. Ghosts you say? Rumour and hearsay."

A-U friends and family, welcome to our party on this Halloween night, be careful where you step, you never know what you might find!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lhun looked around, trying to find some last things that had to be fixed before the guests would arrive. After selecting this location, she had worked very hard together with Erin to turn the place into something suitable to host a Halloween party for their family. At the moment Erin and Thranduil were still in the party room, while Lhun had taken her position near the gates of the castle. Not only did she have a clear view on the driveway - and any visitors that might turn up early - from her current position, but it also enabled her to watch her husband put the finishing touches on some decorative metalwork that he created from scrap metal.

"I never realised you could create spiders and scarecrows from those big pieces of metal", she said as Erik walked in her direction. "My dear, there is little I can't do with metal. And it is only fitting that I use some of those skills to impress your family, now I'm finally meeting them." "You're probably right. It seems you've finished just in time to impress the first visitors!"

Post subject: Re: AU Family Tree Halloween Party
PostPosted: October 14th, 2014, 11:17 am 
Ent
Ent

Erin arranged the decorations. Thranduil was absolutely no help at all. He had left her to set up all the food too. What could she expect, from him? There was one banner, that just would not drape right.

"Need a hand?" asked Thranduil.

"No, I want you to sit there, like a lazy good for nothing king, while I struggle to sort out the whole party by myself," Erin replied, sarcastically.

"Very well then," said Thranduil, calling her bluff. He sat down, and stayed in that chair, leaving his wife to struggle.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 14th, 2014, 6:49 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

"Oh, a party in a castle!" Mistress Durin said as she entered. "The decorations look great, too." She turned and saw Erin, who looked rather displeased with Thranduil. She heard the exchanged between them. The elf's laziness was displeasing. Of course, no matter what the race, all males were rather lazy. Even her lovely dwarf, Kili who often rather have fun instead of work.

She watched as Kili scoffed loudly at the elf, liking him at all. "Shh!" Mistress Durin said, poking him in the arm. She wasn't exactly fond of him either, but she didn't want to start trouble.

"Sorry," the young dwarf said.

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 15th, 2014, 4:35 pm 
Ent
Ent

Erin heard Mistress Durin's compliment about the decorations. "Thanks," she said, with a smile. "I arranged them all myself." A no thanks to Thranduil was heavily implied. With the banner finally in place, Erin climbed down off the step ladder. That was the final one. She observed the band, who were setting up. They looked suspiciously like ghosts, but she decided not to mention it. The last thing she wanted was to be haunted for all eternity by ghosts.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 12:14 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Kraven hadn't seen his family for some time now. In fact it had been quit a long while, now that he actually thought about it. This made him even more nervous. He had been working with Charles Xaviers X-Men for a while now. That was where he had met the exotic beauty who now held his right hand with both of her own, and stayed so close to him theat if you weren't paying attention you might think that it was one person who approached instead of two, the very vision of a beautiful woman that he now led to the castle.

Megan Gwynn, more commonly known as Pixie, stood at barely 5'4", with one more inch added by her pink stilettos. She wore a full length, pink dress, that stopped just short of her ankles, and had a slit in the left side that rose up to just beneath her hip. It was tight enough to emphasis her curves, but loose enough not to look inappropriate. It had a strap that tied behind her neck, and was backless, which gave plenty of room for the pink dragonfly like wings what came out of her back between her shoulder blades.

She was slim figured, but with curves that were still easily noticable. She had tall pointed ears, shoulder length pink hear, with black steaks throughout it, and black eyes. In many ways she looked like an elf. Save for her wings, hair, and eyes. She always held a bright smill, that seemed to always bring out the best in people. Something it had certainly done to Kraven, if you were to ask him.

He on the other hand was the exact opposite. If she was the sun, then he would be the moon. He wore black, military style, light tactical boots. Black military bdu pants, a black tank top, and black, leather, driving gloves. Over that he wore a black, leather, duster that almost reached his feet, and had sleeves that almost covered his hands, it also had a deep hood attached to it, which was currently pulled up over his head. Hiding his face in shadows.

He stood at 6'2", with broad shouldes, his body was covered with hardened, and sculpted, muscles that were a testament to all the time that he put into training. He sometimes heard his teammates say that he had the body of a tank, and the strength to match, but he just though of it as the reward for living a disciplined life style.

As they got closer Megan looked at him and said in a gentle, soothing voice "You could smile a little Kraven. We aren't headed to a funeral. It won't hurt you, I promise it wont." Kraven scoffed, then said "We'll soon find out, won't we. I haven't seen anyone in years, and the first time that I do, I bring my new wife, who I eloped with, and nobody yet knows about. This should be a very entertaining trip if nothing else. On the other hand, if you hadn't came along I doubt that I would've been able to convince myself to come at all." Megan covered her mouth and giggled, then said "Your lucky. You saved yourself with that last comment, or I might have been upset with you. We're almost at the gate now. Here comes the moment of truth, my love."

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 12:27 am 
Istari
Istari

Tink paused in the doorway, feeling her "Scooby Doo" side trying to take her over as she kept a sharp eye out around her. She wasn't exactly fond of going anywhere with dark, hidden, spooky, or creepy in the name or place description. This placed seemed to use a few of those terms, but she couldn't miss out on the family fun! She gave a yelp as something ghosted across her back, jumping as she turned to her too innocent looking husband behind her. "Not funny." she said with a glare. "Do that again and I'll take your other hand!" Captain Hook merely chuckled at her threat, holding out his arm for her to take as they entered the room.

They headed straight for the others, Tink giving a wave as she approached. "Hello Lhun! Erin! Mistress Durin! Sorry I'm late, but a certain somebody got into a spot of trouble and found themselves tossed into a jail cell...Didn't you, dear?"

"What are you complaining for? You seemed to enjoy the breakout and escape." Hook grinned.

Tink rolled her eyes, but couldn't hold back a smile. "This is what I get for saying 'sure love, go out and have some fun with the crew tonight'."

Hook cocked an eyebrow. "I'm a pirate, love. What did you think was going to happen? Besides, you got a rather nice necklace out of the adventure, didn't you?"

She reached up to the emerald pendant that hung from the silver chain around her neck, a slight smile tugging at the corner of her mouth, but didn't reply. "Anyway, I'm excited to meet your new husband, Lhun! I think I can safely guess that he assisted with the metalwork on some of the decorations! Everything looks great sis, Erin! And I hope you're well Kili, Thranduil." she added, smiling and nodding to her family's spouses.

A new arrival caught her eye, and she glanced over at the doorway. "Welcome Kraven! Glad you could make it!"

PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 8:09 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Rinoa stood outside at the end of the driveway and looked up the castle. Her heart was pounding like mad in her chest. It wasn't due to the creepy vibe from the castle, in fact the creepiness of it made her feel at ease. Although she did not always look like it, she was goth on the inside so she greatly admired and look forward to exploring the house. Her heart was pounding so fast because she knew her family would be inside. It had been a long time since she had seen any of them.
Sure she had been busy with classes and quite a few films, but was that really a good enough reason? Her journey of self discovery lead her down so many paths and even from her husband at times. Though when you are both in the acting world is it difficult to see each other all the time when you are filming on two separate continents. She felt very fortunate that he continued to stay by her side after all this time. A few tears welled up in her eyes from both nervousness and excitement.
"Doing all right, love?" Sean Bean asked as he squeezed her hand before fixing the sleeve on his suit, eyeing her most of the time.
"Yeah... I'm uh-I'm okay." Rinoa replied as she wiped the almost fallen tear from her eye.
"You don't have to be nervous. They are your family. They will be happy to see you." She nodded and smiled in reply as she checked her outfit. It was a Halloween party so everyone would be in costume, right? The cosplay demon told her to take the oportunity to dress up as Freya from Chobits. It was a very nice Gothic lolita look that complemented her well. She absolutely loved the long train of the dress. Sean's black suit could easily be passed off as a costume. Especially since Rinoa added a gold pocket watch to the front of his vest. It made her think of Sebastian from Black Butler and made her happy on the inside. Without another word, Sean offered her his arm which she took gladly as they knocked on the door and entered.

The room was beautifully decorated. Rinoa couldn't help but admire it for a moment before walking towards everyone. "Long time no see. Lhun, Tink, Kraven, Erin, Mistress Durin! I am so happy to finally see you all again! I hope everyone has been well." She couldn't help, but give hugs as she came to everyone. She and Sean exchanged pleasantries with the new husbands and wives of her family members as well. It seemed like almost every had gotten remarried except them.
"Beautiful job on the decorations." Sean commented as he continued to look around.
"Oh gosh yes, just beautiful." Rinoa agreed.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 9:22 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Not everyone. Dwarven women didn't remarry, once they chose a mate, it was for life. And even if they did, why would Marida want to remarry? After all, it took her long enough to land Thorin in the first place, so why would she want to go through that again? Regardless, Marida always secrectly dreaded family get togethers like these, since it meant that Thorin had to deal with Thranduil again. That feud had been going on since the dragon attacked Erebor (Marida should know, she was there), and showed no signs of abating, but perhaps in time, the two Kings would put their differences behind them, but in Thorin's case, that seemed to be taking an awfully long time. Perhaps this little adventure to this castle will get his mind off the endless feud he seemed to have with the Elven King.

Looking around the room, Marida spotted that two of the couple's children were already there with their potential mates, the third yet to arrive. But since their oldest child, Turien, was situated in Gondor instead of Erebor, it may take her a little longer to arrive. "I hope she doesn't get lost like Thorin did when he first travelled to the home of the Hobbits." Marida thought to herself as she remembered the stories her husband told of the time he lost his way twice. Dwarves didn't always have the best sense of direction. "Hey everyone, got room for two more?" the dwarven queen asked as the two approached those already assembled.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 10:41 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

((Sorry if there are typos. I am typing this on my phone at work.))

Rin smiled as Merida and Thorin came to join them. She was relieved to see she and Thorin were still together. Then again why wouldn't they be? They were a perfect couple.
"Of course there is room." Rinoa replied as the two found their place in the gathering. Rin knew of Thorin and Thranduil history and hoped the two would be civil towards each other for the night. "How have you been, Merida and Thorin?" Rinoa asked as she gave the King and Queen a polite bow. They two had brought such a feeling of royalty to the room. The way they walked together, the way they looked. She had bowed without even realizing it until afterwards.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 11:09 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

(Lol, my phone kept on trying to autocorrect Durin and Kili everything I tried to type them, it got rather annoying.)

"Ah, well you did I fine job," Mistress Durin said to Erin.

"Greetings, Tink," she said and she arrived along with Hook. She chuckled at the mention of him getting into trouble. "As he said, he's a pirate. It is rather typical of them."

More and more guests began to arrive at the castle. She noticed Rinoa dressed in costume. She silently cursed herself for not thinking of dressing up. "Lovely costume, Rinoa," she said.

Mistress Durin held her breath when Marida and Thorin arrived. She hoped things would not get ugly, having both Thanduil and Thorin in the same room. Kili scoffed already, but an angry Thorin was not a pleasant sight. She knew that well enough.

She turned to inform her dear Kili that they had arrived. He bore a great grin on his face, holding a mug of ale in each hand. One for him and herself. "Already?" she said. "We've only just arrived." His grin grew broader. "Ah, but it's a party, isn't it?" he replied. "Can't have a party without ale." He placed a mug in her hand. "Come now, drink with me." Dwarves. They loved a good party, they loved ale, and they loved food. "Very well then," she said and took a sip of her ale.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 12:33 am 
Istari
Istari

(oh dear, costumes! It is a Halloween party, I suppose costumes are allowed for those who wish them? I feel like it :lol: )

"Hi Marida, Rinoa! Nice to see you again!" Tink said to the newcomers. "Oh love your costume, Rin!"

She herself had opted to channel her namesake, Tink from OUAT. She gave Rinoa a slight shrug. "Original, I know, but Hook's not one for dressing up unless thievery is involved and I figured this way I'd match him...plus I just find it amusing."

Hook cocked his head to the side as he looked her over. "Well I find it--"

"Dont. Just dont." Tink sighed, reddening slightly. "Remember the rules? No stealing from family, no innuendos--"

"It was an observation, not an innuendo--Oh! I believe that dwarf over there has rustled up some drinks!" Hook said, heading in Kili's direction.

Tink laughed, shaking her head as she looked over at Mistress Durin. "You've a dwarf, I've an Irish pirate, we're pretty much just asking for it aren't we?"

PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 8:36 am 
Balrog
Balrog

((I hear "Halloween" and my brain thinks. My fav Holliday and the only time I can dress up in whatever I please without it being socially awkward! :lol: I love costumes. And yeah... My phone tries changing everything too. I type Rin and it keeps changing to Run. :lol:))

"Thank you very much." Rin replied to the complements to her costume. She couldn't help but laugh a little at Tink and Hook's little banter. They were so cute. "Your costume is still very flattering and beautiful, Tink. At least Hook is dressed for most any occasion already." It did not surprise Rin in the least when Kili was the first to bring out some ale or when Hook was the first to notice. Rin couldn't help but smiled at the truth behind Tink's comment to Mistress Durin. The more she thought about it the more interested she became in the night's progression.
"Care for a drink?" Sean asked as Hook made his way over to Kili. Tonight was one of the few nights Sean had off from filming his TV show 'Legends' so his question was also not surprising to her. He loved to go out for drinks whenever he could. Honestly even if the two of them were not here, they would more than likely be at the Cat and Fiddle pub off of Sunset Blvd in Los Angeles or at another of the local pubs Rin knew to be good after living in that area for years. They would spend a few hours at the pub enjoying a few drinks before returning home for some quality time.
"I'd love one. But just one." She replied as she held up a finger for emphasis. "I'll be our DD tonight and get us home. You have had more work lately than I have, so you indulge yourself." Rin finished with a wink.
"You are the best, Rin." He commented as he gave her a small kiss.
"I sure hope there is enough to go around." Rinoa commented as they walked towards the assembling group of ale lovers.
"I am sure there is. After all, who doesn't enjoy a few good drinks now and again?"

PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 12:35 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

(lol. Durin kept becoming During, and Kili kept becoming Kilo.)

Kili suddenly became excited at the thought of perhaps a drinking buddy. He raised his mug in the air as Hook made mention he had ale. "The pirate knows how to party!" He pointed off to his left. "Open bar is over there," he said. "Come on, let's drink!"

Before he took off, Mistress Durin warned him that there will be no drinking contests this time. As much as a good dwarf enjoyed them, it wasn't going to be this night. Away from home and trying to get a drunk dwarf home was no simple task.

"Alright, I promise," he said with a sigh. And off he went.

She too also laughed, agreeing with Tink. "Yeah, I must admit, we are. Ah, but dwarves are my family, so I can't really complain, but I suppose I am a bit of the odd one. He on the other hand..." she said pointing towards Kili, ..."he's just a reckless one, always up for fun."

Last edited by Gersemi on October 17th, 2014, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 4:53 pm 

Lhun slowly made her way around the room, greeting all family members that had arrived so far. "Glad to see you again Kraven. You've probably met my husband, Erik? He has mentioned Megan in the past as an exceptionally talented young woman, so I'm glad to finally meet you in person." "Marida, this location is not as grand as Erebor, but we hope you'll feel welcome here nonetheless, and that you'll enjoy the evening."

She waved at Rinoa and gave her a thumbs up for her costume, before finally being able to say hello to her sister. "Tink! Good to see you again as well. Your costume looks lovely, very creative. As you can see I've put more effort into decorating the castle than in decorating myself." Lhun sighed, gesturing at her embroidered top, tight black jeans and leather boots. "Maybe it's a good think Erik refused to leave his cloak at home. Now it looks like he put a lot of effort in his costume," she laughed. "I'd gladly introduce him to you, but we might have to be careful to keep him and Hook from getting into a fight. I'd rather not think about what he might do to that hook.."

PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 7:13 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(Just wanted to mention that the girl in X-Men First Class is Angel Salvadore, she was for a short time called Angel, before she finally became known as Tempest. Megan Gwynn, or Pixie, is a completely different character. They have similar wings, but expect for that are completely different. I figured that I'd put this up, just in case people got confused with who she was. Lhunardaien, I was wondering, which form of Magneto are you married to? Does he work with the X-Men, or the Brotherhood of Mutants? Also I'm not remarried, Megan is my first.)

Kraven gave a little smile from under his hood. Everyone knew it was him, but they hadn't seen how he had changed. When he had left the top of his head had been covered with bumps like someone had decide to use it for practicing their golf swing, and his back had looked hunched, because he had keep what was growing their as much of a secret as possible.

His mother and father had known what he was hiding? And he was pretty sure that his sisters did also, but he wasn't sure how much his adoptive parents had told the rest of the family while he had been away. That was the reason for the duster, and hood, not to mention the way his eyes, ears, and neck had changed. He wasn't sure how they would react to his looks know since his mutation had progressed farther. Yet they were as happy and friendly as always, so maybe it wouldn't be too awkward.

He then said "It is a pleasure to be here Lhun. I'm afraid that I actually don't know much about Erik. We've only met in passing. But it will be nice to get to know him better. It is a pleasure to see you too, Tink." He then looked around a bit and let out a light laugh as he noticed the group that was gathering for drinks. "There's always a few, aren't there?" He committed.

Megan had smiled at Lhuns words. Kraven led her a little in front of him and said "You are right Lhun, this is Megan Gwynn, or as she is now called Megan Gwynn-Silverfox. We are actually married know. Megan this is Lhun, Tink, and my sister Mistress Durin." Whom Kraven went on to tease by adding "Who apparently needs to lighten up, and let Kili have some fun. She should know that the best time for a Dwarf is when they get to have a drinking game, or twelve."

Megan laughed and said "It's a pleasure to finally met you all, and I'm grateful for Erics high opinion of me. Kraven please don't pick on anybody too much tonight. Also please take that heavy duster off Kraven. Your making me sweat just looking at it." Kraven took a deep breath and then said "As you say M'love." He then lowered his hood exposing his face, head, and neck.

His lumps on his head were gone, replaced with what at first looked like long rows of little hills, until they separated and stood up. They where in fact lines of spikes. One spike started in the front of his head, right at the top of his forehead, and more spikes followed it to the opposite side at the back of his head.

Another row of spikes was on each side of his head. They started near the front forehead spike then continued around to the two sides finally passing the middle rows last spike and continuing down in two rows until they stopped where the neck and head met. Which was followed by a single row of spikes that continued to the bottom of his neck, right above where it met the shoulders.

His eyes now looked like lizard eyes, his ears were pointed, and looked like a combination between a humans and what you would see on a bat, and his neck had a row of three ridges stacking over each other horizontally, on each side. If the ridges were lifted you would've noticed that they were gills. His skin had always had a scaly look to it, but know it was more drastic. Before the light had to bounce off his skin just right to show them, but know they where more defined, and the light almost seemed to make them shine.

He then took his gloves off and placed them in the pockets of his duster. Then he took off his duster. Once removed it revealed a pair of large dragon wings that he stretched around his shoulders, then using his wing claws to clasp below his neck, he made a sort of cloak out of the wings. He placed his duster over his left arm. Then smiled at everyone and asked "So? What do y'all think of the new me?" Megan once again took his right arm smiling brighter than before. Her wings gave a happy flutter, and then she leaned toward him and kissed him lightly and said happily "I still say that your as handsome as always, love of mine."

(If you've ever seen the show Gargoyles, from Disney, then the way his wings are around him is like how Goliath keep his when he wasn't gliding. If that helps at all.)

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 9:42 pm 
Ent
Ent

Erin had missed most of the new arrivals. After the incident with the banners, and Thranduil not helping, she had chosen to avoid her spouse for a little bit. To make him come to her, not like that would ever happen. The way she seemed, was like an empty house. All the lights were on, but everyone had gone out. He made her happy in some ways, but sad in others. Not to mention that she often felt some kind of guilt bringing her own spouse to parties, just because the dwarven king Thorin's attitude towards the king made her feel uncomfortable, as well as the fact that Thranduil would often dissagree with her. But she had to keep a smile for the family.

The queen of the woodland realm walked around the party, pretending to check if everyone was alright. She noticed that a lot of people had worn costumes. A part of her wished that she had more time to prepare one herself.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW