Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Useful And Free Mental Health Ebooks
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2023, 5:38 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

In the highly uncertain times that we live in, there is no earthly idea of how to deal with the dozens of mental health struggles attached to our ‘new normal.’ And it is okay, to be honest.

The ability to withstand the kind of situations that we are dealing with is not an ingrained personality trait; it’s a skill. And mostly a skill that we haven’t really learned growing up. It’s not our fault either; we didn’t exactly have mental health classes instead of the tiring P.E. drills.

The skills to manage our mental health have become more important in today’s time. We at Your Mental Health Pal try to provide you with content related to mental health to help you equip yourself with these skills. But, sometimes, it’s important to dive deeper. Hence, we have curated a list of 12 really, really helpful and FREE mental health ebooks for you. Hopefully, you might find at least one that may help you cope with the difficult times.

12 Useful And Free Mental Health Ebooks
12 Useful And Free Mental Health Ebooks
1. A Healthy Work-Life Balance By Openup
Do you aim to achieve a healthy work-life balance?

Well, we are yet to meet someone who doesn’t. And this is why our first recommendation for the top free mental health ebooks is ‘A Healthy Work-Life Balance’ by Openup.

Written by a psychologist, this compact but EXTREMELY helpful ebook aims to create a good work-life balance within organizations. The strength of this mental health ebook is that it realizes that a healthy balance is not an objective measure. It can’t be quantified by how many hours your employees work. It is a subjective and personal decision that people must be allowed to take for themselves.

2. Feel Better Faster: Time And Money Saving Advice For Dealing With Anxiety And Depression By Michael
Feel Better Faster: Time and Money Saving Advice for Dealing with Anxiety and Depression
Depression and anxiety are the most common mental health problems people face today. According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, anxiety is, in fact, the most common mental illness in America, affecting about 40 million people every year. Despite being a highly treatable condition, only 36.9% of people suffering from anxiety seek medical treatment. That brings us to our second recommendation – ‘Feel Better Faster.’

This mental health ebook discusses how you can make the most out of the proven therapy options available for reducing anxiety. It includes a discussion about how to seek help for anxiety and depression. The ebook also contains a list of recommended resources, including self-help books suggested by mental health experts.

3. The Deepest Well: Healing The Long-Term Effects Of Childhood Trauma And Adversity Kindle Edition By Nadine Burke Harris
The Deepest Well: Healing The Long-Term Effects Of Childhood Trauma And Adversity
The impact of trauma lives in the body for a long time. While long suspected, the exact effect of trauma had largely been a mystery until Dr. Harris presented observations and data regarding childhood trauma’s impact on an individual’s health. The book is freely available on Kindle.

What is particularly interesting about this mental health ebook is that the study Dr. Harris presented is not based on the economically disadvantaged population. About 70% of its subjects were college graduates and had access to quality healthcare. This proves that adverse childhood circumstances were the driving forces for the individuals’ ill-health, not race, income, etc.

4. How To Be Alone (But Not Lonely) By Richard Docwra
How to be alone (But not lonely)
Have you wondered if being alone is a good thing or not?

Well, experts certainly have, and the opinions are divided. Some health experts believe that being isolated and lonely is a modern social problem and is comparable to smoking in its effects on our health.

On the other hand, some argue that solitude is essential in the fast-paced and people-packed world we live in. To help us clear out the confusion is Richard Docwra’s free mental health ebook- ‘How to be Alone.’

The book understands that this issue is clearly more complicated than discussing the good and bad sides of being alone. It talks at length about what being alone means in the modern society, including the problems associated with loneliness. In the end, it provides some practical ideas for reducing loneliness and exploring the benefits of solitude.

5. An Anxiety Story – How I Recovered From Anxiety, Panic, And Agoraphobia By Drew Linsalata
An Anxiety Story – How I Recovered From Anxiety, Panic, And Agoraphobia
Drew Linsalata is the creator of “The Anxious Truth,” a podcast about anxiety. In a life marred by three different periods of severe anxiety, panic, depression, and agoraphobia, Drew still managed to turn it around for himself. His mental health ebook, ‘An Anxiety Story,’ is a book that will tell you that if Drew can do it, you can do it too.

This book is Drew’s story of beating his disorders with behavioral science, courage, and consistency. ‘An Anxiety Story’ might just be the book you need for the right kind of motivation and practical advice.

Post subject: Re: Useful And Free Mental Health Ebooks
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2023, 6:06 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I recently found a universal remedy for anxiety that fits absolutely everyone and doesn't exist. But I have found such a remedy for me, and it's vape pens. They used to be hard to buy, but now they are sold at shrooms-online.org/product/gas-gang-vape-pen/. I would suggest you also check out this site if you're just as into vape pens with different delicious flavors and at a small price)

Post subject: Re: Useful And Free Mental Health Ebooks
PostPosted: December 19th, 2023, 9:31 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I like playing fantasy games. And gaming sometimes triggers my depression too. When I finish working, I get into one of the rooms and wanna play a game, but my husband always tries to find some 'more useful' activity to me. I had been aggressive in the beginning, but later on realized that I just couldn't do anything with that. So depression started to develop. I found Dr Rudoy and want to talk about this matter. But I am not sure whether I should tell my partner about it.