Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 43  Next

Do you like Coffee?
No 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
Yes 69%  69%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: Coffee??????
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2017, 12:57 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Where I used to live in the mountains of Washington state, a local rancher used to have 'sleigh rides' in the Christmas season, and the base camp had 'cowboy coffee' with these big enameled iron pots hanging over the open fire with coffee grounds dumped in (unmeasured) and water dumped in (unmeasured). It would boil and you would pull this long handle to pour a cup, and when they got low, they shoveled more grounds in and dumped more water in, etc. It was good fresh, but a bit toxic tar when they got low.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2017, 1:17 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Lol that sounds fun. I’ve done coffee like that before, and yeah the last bits is always pretty thick. :p

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 24th, 2017, 3:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

Coffee GROUNDS … now that jogs my memory. In this Luck Luke comic book (I have too many to search for the specific book now), the chuck wagon cook talked about WHOLE BEANS, which were to be “moisturized”. Well, it was a satire (or not???). :laugh:

PostPosted: November 24th, 2017, 7:05 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Lol Well I guess you could do it that way. Might have to boil them for a long while to get much more than colored water, though.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2017, 3:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

The question is, was that kind of “coffee” something that one could drink, or was it a “side dish” to the apparently regular main course of beans-and-something? Perhaps the most “crunchy” part of the menu? (About which, the “menu”, I expect Hanasían to comment on with non-European irrelevancies.) :goofy:

PostPosted: November 26th, 2017, 9:23 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Lol, well who knows. *shrugs* I never thought of cooking coffee beans like you cook regular beans. I guess it should work. Preferably before they are roasted, though... now I am curious.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2017, 5:31 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Gandolorin wrote:
The question is, was that kind of “coffee” something that one could drink, or was it a “side dish” to the apparently regular main course of beans-and-something? Perhaps the most “crunchy” part of the menu? (About which, the “menu”, I expect Hanasían to comment on with non-European irrelevancies.) :goofy:

:lol: As you wish...

We ALL know that Southern Germany IS the centre of the world, if not the universe. i'm sure many or most if not all of these items are not on the menu there.
:laugh:

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 1st, 2017, 5:32 pm 
Istari
Istari

Hanasian wrote:
We ALL know that Southern Germany IS the centre of the world, if not the universe. i'm sure many or most if not all of these items are not on the menu there.[/color] :laugh:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, you just exposed yourself as being an expat Yank very seriously. :-P

Southern Germany is not limited to Bavaria (which is something the US troops who were here during the Cold War were mostly ignorant of, being stationed in Bavaria – and in south Hesse, perhaps?).

Where I live is the northern part of current Bavaria, correctly (Middle) Franconia, which was handed over to those Danube-near whatchamacallits by some Corsican with serious geography issues.

Those Munich-based morons (a parasitic city, called even within Bavaria itself a “great-hamlet”) would only agree with your statement if world equates universe – but don’t expect them to be very firm in astronomy.

The part of “Bavaria” which has the world’s highest concentration of small breweries (not the craft beer stuff, most of these are centuries old) is Franconia, more precisely Upper Franconia.

Bavaria (modern or the smaller proper) may have a proportion of German sausage or bread variants comparable to either its size (Bavaria is our Texas, in too many negative ways) or population – but I seriously doubt it.

No part of Germany has the slightest claim to any fame regarding coffee.

About the only culinary thing Bavarians can brag about is their being closest to Italy (without common borders, Austria and Switzerland are in the way) of any of the current states of Germany (not that it has affected proper Bavarian cuisine positively).

That “brag” of Bavaria about closeness to Italy is almost matched by Baden-Württemberg, to the west of Bavaria, but then the latter has a long common border with France (Alsace and Lorraine, to be precise). As far as I’m concerned, BW has by far the best cuisine in Germany, precisely because of its proximity to places where people know how to cook.

I’d almost say that, being in modern Bavaria, I’m practically still an expatriate (from Cologne, but then …). But then the city (115.000 inhabitants) I live in is a bit of an anomaly in Franconia as it grew so large because so much of the then dominant company’s factories and other stuff were located in the then GDR or in West Berlin, which was also an iffy proposition for decades. That’s why I feel comfortable here, it is not really Franconian, and just forget Bavarian!

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2017, 6:18 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

:lol: In other words, southern Germany.

Getting back to coffee... I dumped my last bag of chocolate coffee in the koffer today after cleaning and descaling the machine. On my 2nd cup this morning.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2017, 11:00 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Lol

I like the coffee menu and all... But where the flip is the regular black coffee!!! :P

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2017, 2:24 pm 
Istari
Istari

Meh! Only nine choices in that “Ozzieland” or “Strayan” or (as I read in a coffee-table [!!!!!] book on Australia that we own, “Strine”) thingy. But taking a wild guess, your “regular black coffee” would possibly involve saying “NO!” about 27 times in a Starbucks location, Jax. Just guessing - the company didn’t exist in 1976, at least not anywhere I touched base on in my (as I did not then know) farewell tour of The States. :wary:

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 7:27 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

After my fall, I went over a week without coffee, and the first sip yesterday was DIVINE!

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 7:30 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Probably right Gandolorin... but that is just wrong!

I hadn’t heard you had a fall ES! I hope you are alright. Back to drinking coffee is always a good improvement. ;)

PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 4:42 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Gandolorin wrote:
Meh! Only nine choices in that “Ozzieland” or “Strayan” or (as I read in a coffee-table [!!!!!] book on Australia that we own, “Strine”) thingy. But taking a wild guess, your “regular black coffee” would possibly involve saying “NO!” about 27 times in a Starbucks location, Jax. Just guessing - the company didn’t exist in 1976, at least not anywhere I touched base on in my (as I did not then know) farewell tour of The States. :wary:

Meh. Herr Gando, you ASSume that was from Oz. :lol:

This is more like it, and Jax, you'll want a 'Long Black'.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 1:47 pm 
Istari
Istari

MINT in coffee?!?!? :yuck:

Oh, sorry, I forgot - Latte isn't really coffee ... :lol:

PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 7:14 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I have had mint in "Christmas" coffee. It wasn't a favourite by any means, but it wasn't too bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 43  Next