Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 43  Next

Do you like Coffee?
No 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
Yes 69%  69%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: Coffee??????
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2017, 2:21 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

My wife and I have settled on a division of things to do in preparing our drip filter coffee machine to make our coffee: I clean the lid with the “pour in from the filter” and "pour out into the cup” contraptions, she fills the machine with water, I put the paper filter into its holder and measure the coffee powder into it using an almost chemistry-lab precision special spoon, she then adds what she believes to be the additional powder necessary using an utterly imprecise teaspoon, and I get to push the “start” button (in this way very analogous to our dishwasher ritual). :lol:

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2017, 3:12 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Gandolorin wrote:
My wife and I have settled on a division of things to do in preparing our drip filter coffee machine to make our coffee: I clean the lid with the “pour in from the filter” and "pour out into the cup” contraptions, she fills the machine with water, I put the paper filter into its holder and measure the coffee powder into it using an almost chemistry-lab precision special spoon, she then adds what she believes to be the additional powder necessary using an utterly imprecise teaspoon, and I get to push the “start” button (in this way very analogous to our dishwasher ritual). :lol:

:lol: What can I say?

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2017, 7:01 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

Evil.Shieldmaiden wrote:
Gandolorin wrote:

:lol: What can I say?

That this is one aspect where being single with four pets having no interest in coffee looks like the more relaxing option? :lol:

PostPosted: June 9th, 2017, 5:45 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Gandolorin wrote:

Sounds like she wants coffee instead of tea. :lol:

I'm looking forward to my Saturday morning cup of coffee tomorrow...

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 9th, 2017, 12:32 pm 
Istari
Istari

Well, we descaled our coffee machine again today. Something we should do after about every 40 brewings, according to the user manual.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2017, 2:47 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Gandolorin wrote:
Well, we descaled our coffee machine again today. Something we should do after about every 40 brewings, according to the user manual.

You're supposed to descale your coffee machine???? :p

PostPosted: June 9th, 2017, 10:46 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Well, I've been drinking about a coffee pot a day again... 10-12 cups. I think I'm back to "normal" lol

I also got some new coffee grounds that are a medium roast with a hint of vanilla and brown sugar. It is very tasty! Not a supper strong flavor but just enough to give it a good aroma and slight taste. :D

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 10th, 2017, 1:44 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Jax Nova wrote:
Well, I've been drinking about a coffee pot a day again... 10-12 cups. I think I'm back to "normal" lol

I also got some new coffee grounds that are a medium roast with a hint of vanilla and brown sugar. It is very tasty! Not a supper strong flavor but just enough to give it a good aroma and slight taste. :D

Wow! If I drank that much coffee of the course of a day, I wouldn't sleep for a week. :lol:

Your new coffee sounds yummy. I like medium roast myself, although I've been drinking Mocha Java recently which is a bit stronger.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2017, 10:51 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Jax Nova wrote:

:-o :jawdrop: :dizzy:

I drink one cup in the morning first thing, and one in the morning at work thereafter. On weekends I may have a 2nd cup at home. I think the last time I drank as much coffee as you do in one day was back when I was 16-17 and would park myself down at Marijoe's Cafe that was walking distance from our house and would pay 25¢ for a cup of Farmer's Brother's coffee, and get free refills for as long as you could stand it. i'd be like ES and not sleep if I did that now, and wouldn't have much of a stomach lining left either. I suppose since you have to stay up all night guarding against critters, it may work out for you well.
:lol:

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 13th, 2017, 12:16 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I prefer medium roast as well over all ES but the flavor sounded yummy and it was. Lol So I am happy. Lol

Lol well, coffee doesn't seem to keep me up so much as it does other people. Lol If I am doing something like reading in the morning or sitting for a moment to relax I just sip my coffee and one cup never does it... lol I drink it for the flavor. *shrugs* Perhaps a little... more... than a normal person. :p In my deffense these are coffee maker cups (6 oz. ) not 8 oz. cups.

I thought to myself the other morning... "You know it has been a good morning when your hardest decession was which coffee cup to drink from!" But then... even that becomes an easy decession with multiple cups. A few cups from one a few cups from another... lol

PostPosted: June 16th, 2017, 11:12 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I seem to be nearly out of beans! Off to order some more....

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 17th, 2017, 1:50 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might be awake. ~ Lewis Black

PostPosted: June 18th, 2017, 1:42 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I found a website that sells water filters for my coffee machine. I ordered a few. It says the filters are to be changed every two months. We've been using this coffee machine for 2+ years!

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 18th, 2017, 2:09 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Hanasían wrote:
I found a website that sells water filters for my coffee machine. I ordered a few. It says the filters are to be changed every two months. We've been using this coffee machine for 2+ years!
That's reminiscent of how I deal with my coffeemaker.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 9:06 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Yeah, the whole 2 months thing seems like a moneymaker for the filter makers. But being they are charcoal based filters, some bad stuff can start growing in them. I'm thinking I may only use the new filter for 1 year. ;)

I got some Burundi CO-OP plantation coffee delivered today. Smells nice. Looking forward to making a cup with it.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 6:50 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

I keep raking my brain trying to think how I could fix up a place around here to grow coffee... lousy climate I had to end up in just doesn't allow for it without a lot of expense.

I would love to try fresh grown coffee and experiment with how to process it and see how it effects the taste etc...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 43  Next