Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 43  Next

Do you like Coffee?
No 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
Yes 69%  69%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: Coffee??????
PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 7:40 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

@ Hanasian

Yup, other than the caffe (which only stays open due to passing oild field traffic) and post office in town I've got 18 (36 round trip) miles to the closest grocery store. (2,400 people in that town) and it's a 60 mile one way drive to the nearest town any larger. I think they have close to the 18,000 that you describe but not so many students. lol

@ Evil.Shieldmaden

Hehe. This is possible... perhaps I should have some of what he is having.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 1:08 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Jax Nova.......sounds a lot like my remote location. We have a village with a population of 34 (no kidding), and it's a good clip to the market, as well.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 10:23 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

That's kind of neat! :)

It has it's downsides but I rather enjoy living in a small community... or rather outside in the country near a small comunity. I'm just not much of a big city guy.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 8:24 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I also live in a smaller community, but there's a lot of money here (unfortunately I don't have any of it :P) so we have quite a few "chic" coffee and tea houses locally. We also have several local markets for fresh produce, and handmade breads and such.

One of the favourite spots is the Goats on the Roof general store that will be opening soon, and is a huge tourist spot.

Just for Jax ... goats in place:

Lots of breads:

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 10:55 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Hehe that would be me too. There is a lot of money in some of the near by towns here. (near by as 60 miles) but they don't seem to spend it on that sort of stuff. Lots of big fancy houses and all but not fancy coffee shops darn it...

That is so cool! :lol: Love the goats on the roof! Are they always around? Owned by the owners or something? That would be a really neat tourist idea. Not something everyone is going to be like, "Oh... goats on the roof of a general store... eh, seen it!"

Those breads look really yummy, too!

On a side note.... if you have not already found this out and happen to have a sonic resturaunt in your area... don't waist your time on their coffee... not worth it. Tried some today and it was weak and had a funky after taste. But... it's sonic... I honestly don't know why I would expect anything different.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 4:00 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

The goats are leased from a local goatherd and are on the roof from spring until fall. The market is quite large and offers a wide variety of goods. It also has an excellent restaurant. I usually go there during the week, because it's insane on the weekends, with tourists coming from all over to enjoy the goats and the ambience.

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 9:11 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

I see... dang... someone needs to put in a place like that around here so i can lease out some goats!! Haha

It sounds like a really neat place, but yeah I would probably avoid it on the weekends too by the sound of it.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 3:11 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

So..... I'm one coffee'd up dude today! I had my usual mug first up, then left for work and stopped by my local espresso stand for a long black, then at lunch I needed to go pick up some de-scaler so went to the Elixir coffer roaster to get it, and bouth a couple half kilos of beans. I got one free small long black per bag of coffee, and when I returned to work I put them both into the tall cup I had from my first coffee. Now I don't normally have coffee after lunch as I sometimes have troubles getting to sleep at night if I do.So.... after sipping it down all afternoon, we'll see how it goes.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 8:08 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I was awake half the night after that last bit

And there is much to be said for a cleaned, de-scaled coffee machine...

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 12th, 2017, 3:14 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

Not sure where this makes sense (outside of Germany, perhaps by now inside of Germany): filter coffee. Cold water container, paper filter holder in which you put an appropriate number of spoons of ground coffee, switch it on, get a pot of coffee. We had to buy a new machine for this simple job last week, difficult quest, a majority of the highly complicated machines (some passing the 500 $ threshold) seem to be able to defeat a combined star-fleet of Federation, Klingon and Borg space-battle-thingies (and you can probably throw in the Star Wars mega-weapons, too ...) :hammer:

PostPosted: March 12th, 2017, 6:23 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Goodness Hanasian! Lol I had 3 cups of coffee just before bed last night and went right to sleep. hehe I guess everybody is different. (no doubt)

That sounds confusing Gandolorin... and expensive! I don't even like the expensive machines because they are too complicated for me.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 6:10 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

Oh, we got one of the simple paper filter machines. :-D
It was just that you had to search for them among all that science-fiction-looking stuff (needle / haystack territory). :headwall:

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 7:15 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Haha, sounds like what I would have done as well. Sounds like a pain, though, having to search through all the other nonsense!

PostPosted: March 16th, 2017, 3:19 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I used to have a good drip coffee machine. Took it to work for a while, then put it away there as I rarely used it. Someone made off with it. Dont care though. My wife put it in the curbside rubbish collection but I salvaged it. Hope it gives good use to whoever nicked it. :)

I still have my little aluminum peculator in my hiking pack.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 16th, 2017, 3:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

Drip coffee machine sounds about right, Durían. We do have one improvement with our new acquisition. The old machine had a glass coffee pot underneath the filter, so we had to pour the coffee into a thermos can. With this one, the coffee pot itself is a thermos can. Though I do occasionally, "functioning" on autopilot, carry the pot back to the machine in the kitchen, I have managed to realize that this is no longer necessary each time - and this "autopilot error" is becoming rare ... :whistle:

PostPosted: March 16th, 2017, 9:51 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, a drip coffee maker is abotu all I have ever used other than boiling water and pouring through the grounds myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 43  Next