Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Actors that could have been other characters ect
PostPosted: November 29th, 2006, 7:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

Who all had auditioned for a certain part or offered a certian part and ended up with a different one or was given/took no part at all? Oh, and what part did they Not end up with? I'll name the ones that I know of and then you can add on. :-D My list is pretty short but here goes...
Orlando Bloom auditioned for Faramir but was given the part of Legolas (in LotR :duh:)
Sean Connery was offered the part of Gandalf in LotR but turned it down because he "didn't understand the plot".
Tom Felton auditioned for the part of Harry Potter but was given the part of Draco Malfoy (in Harry Potter)
What all actors/actresses that audtioned for/were offered different parts can you name?

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2006, 8:04 pm 
Istari
Istari

the part of aragorn was given to stuart townsend but he was dropped a week into filing because he looked too young.

james mason thought he was going to get the lead role in north by northwest, but hitchcock wanted cary grant. to avoid disappointing stewart, hitchcock delayed filming until stewart had been signed up for another film then offered him the part, knowing he would have to turn it down. once stewart had turned down the role, hitchcock offered it to cary grant, who accepted.

cary grant was offered the part of rupert cadell in rope but turned it down because he thought it would damage his career to play a gay man.

**MY BOOK**

~ proud to be a shieldmaiden for christ ~
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2006, 11:53 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Reiko Aylesworth auitioned originaly for the part of Nina Myers in 24 season one, but was beat by Sarah Clarke. She was later remembered by the casting people and asked to play the part of Michelle Dessler.

The Original carecter of Jack sheperd in lost, was going to be killed off in the first episode. The body that was found in the tree was supposed to be Jack, and Kate was supposed to tkae Jack's role as the leader or the cast aways. But as the Charecter of Jack grew in the show, they changed the body to the Pilot's body, and jack lived.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 25th, 2006, 5:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

Liam Aiken (this guy, in case nobody knows him: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0014582/) was this close *holds up finger and thumb about half an inch apart* to getting the part of Harry Potter for the movies - obviously - but almost at the last minute J.K. Rowling changed her mind because she wanted someone with a natural English accent to play HP. (in my personal opinion this was the best thing that could've happened! I wouldn't have wanted all those girls drooling all over him, then there'd be too much competition, lol)

Pippin of Herenya's Line - "...give nothing back!"
Got fed up and eloped with Ragetti 1-3-08 :P
PHYLLIS, THE ANTI-SUSPIAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18th, 2007, 7:13 pm 
Istari
Istari

Wow, that's alot of names...thanks for adding to the list, everybody. :-D

Um, I read somewhere that Ewan McGregor (I don't think that I am spelling that correctly :blush:). Anyway the actor that played in Moulin Rouge (perhaps that will help explain who I am talking about...if my spelling was so bad that you couldn't tell :blush: ) was considered to play the part of Pirates of the Caribbean's Will Turner. :blink: Though at this time I have no strong feelings about that actor one way or the other...I'm still 100% glad that they picked Orlando Bloom for the part.

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18th, 2007, 9:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

^ you did spell it right. i came across another one of these the other day, and now i can't remember it. grrr! i'm sure it'll come back to me eventually.

**MY BOOK**

~ proud to be a shieldmaiden for christ ~
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 11:08 pm 
Istari
Istari

Drew's Destiny wrote:
Um, I read somewhere that Ewan McGregor (I don't think that I am spelling that correctly :blush:). Anyway the actor that played in Moulin Rouge (perhaps that will help explain who I am talking about...if my spelling was so bad that you couldn't tell :blush: ) was considered to play the part of Pirates of the Caribbean's Will Turner. :blink: Though at this time I have no strong feelings about that actor one way or the other...I'm still 100% glad that they picked Orlando Bloom for the part.

*dies at the thought* Thank God they didn't! Only Orlando can be Will!!! (no, of course I'm not a Will fan, isn't it obvious? ;))

Pippin of Herenya's Line - "...give nothing back!"
Got fed up and eloped with Ragetti 1-3-08 :P
PHYLLIS, THE ANTI-SUSPIAN!