Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alan Rickman
PostPosted: August 8th, 2007, 10:04 am 

I was shocked to see he didn't have a thread! Come on, I know there's fans out there!!!

I absoluetly *love* Alan! His acting is amazing and his vioce is like angels. xDD Seriously though, love his voice. It's amazing. As is his acting ability. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2007, 2:35 pm 

There's no AR thread?! SHAMEFUL!!

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2007, 3:36 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Oh, the calamity! The shame! The..the... humiliation! I feel like a failed fan.

*sobs*

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 2:49 am 

Ohh.. I was checking in here earlier to look for the Alan Rickman thread but didn't suceed, now I know why... I spent most of last night on You Tube because I suddenly felt an urge and a craving for Rickman. There are some nice fan tributes to Snae there and a couple of very short clips from Robin Hood where he plays the sheriff of Nottingham. I love his very villainous villain in the Robin Hood. It's such a cliché (as the rest of the movie!) and he does it so well. :-)

Ohh by the way... is this a DH spoiler thread? *glances Gimli nervously*

I'm wanting a Snape banner, preferably when he duels (or demonstrates a duel with) Gilderoy Lockhart, I love his underplayed, superior attitude! Does any of you Snape... I mean Rickman fans.. take banner requests? *puppy eyes*

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 2:17 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Eep! I hope it isn't a DH spoiler thread... I have been driven out of the Severus Snape fan club... *weeps*

[I actually don't know how this could be a DH spoiler thread... seen as how he has yet to be in the film of DH... but that could be me]

Oh, I have been dying to make a Snape banner... but I can't go looking for any Snape pictures on HP sites... in case... you know... :guilty:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 9:27 pm 

No it is not---and we must not talk about the character, only the actor please!

I think I became a fan of him in particular because of S&S. I love him in HP but y'know---the gallant, tall, dark, and handsome makes me feel all warm and squishy---so of course Sense & Sensibility did it for me.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 10:50 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

*wipes brow*

That is good to know Kit. Thank you. :-)

Ooh, I know all about that warm and squishy feeling... I'm just trying to think what did it for me and AR... hmm.... like Ian McKellen, I don't know why, but I knew he was an awesome actor, even though I had never seen him in everything, which is weird. It's probably because my folks said he was good.

I think I first saw him in Robin Hood Prince of Theives. Not very heart-throbby but he was AWESOME as the Sheriff of Nottingham. And after that I was hooked because he was so great. Next it was Die Hard (the edited version mind, thanks to Brucie) and although it wasn't the greatest film ever, once again Alan was teh bees knees....

[Christmas and people in a skyscraper are having a party. Lift door opens to find one of German terrorist Hans Gruber's (AR's) men dead wearing a Father Christmas hat with a message attatched to the body]
[reads message]
Hans Gruber: Now I have the machine gun.
[pause]
Ho
Ho
Ho

:roflmao:

*ahem*

It isn't actually that funny reading it, but it was so great to watch. The German accent was spot on, and that scene was so funny. :lol:

Next, I think came Truly, Madly, Deeply and after watching him play two villains to see him as the romantic lead was quite surprising. Albeit, a dead romantic lead as it turned out to be. ;) And he sang as well! ..the sun ain't gonna shine anymore... the moon ain't gonna shine in the sky... tears are always clouding your eyes... when you're without love.....

I've always remembered the words to that bit of the song I heard, even though I only saw the films once about 7 years ago.

And then came the biggie. Sense and Sensibility. :drool: My heart still hasn't repaired itself where it melted. :teehee: I can't get over how.. sexy... he is as Brandon... he is so perfect.... and he looks... :drool:.... great... *slaps self*

Then it was Galaxy Quest. Totally different to anything else I had seen him in. A once Shakespearean actor reduced to playing an alien in a TV show like Star Trek on a bad day. He was so grumpy and everything. Absolutely hilarious. :lol:

And then... teh Potter... *shudders*.... only good thing about HP... and a couple of the other older... experienced.... actually people who can act.... actors.....

[feels faint and needs a lie down]

[sees Alan staring at her as she is typing]

[looks at her autograph]

[melts all over keyboard]

[before she melts her last in this world... wants her epitah to say... she died looking into the eyes of Alan Rickman.. what a way to go!]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 4:23 am 

Talk about the actor, not the particular character from the particular film... I get it :-)

Johnny's Fan wrote:
[I actually don't know how this could be a DH spoiler thread... seen as how he has yet to be in the film of DH... but that could be me]

[You got a point there.. a very good point actually, lol]

Anyway, as I said Prince of Thieves was great, and Rickman was great. I hated the Sherif the first time I saw it, so he did his job pretty well. ;-) I was very young at that time, now I really appreciate his acting and the general humour in the movie. I like it when overly heroic movies has a sense of self-irony.

I never watched Die Hard because... well.. because it's.. what it is... sadly enough, perhaps I should let Rickman be the excuse to expand my horizon... :P
And Sense & Sensibility.. well, I never was good with romantic stuff either, I might give it a chance though after having survived 6 hours straight of Pride & Prejudice...! Is it the movie version he is in?

He sings in Truly, Madly, Deeply? Is it good? I need to see that!

His resume on IMDB doesn't give a lot of movies, but he has been starring in a lot of theater productions? I could very well picture him in a Shakespeare play... in fact I'd love to see him in Shakespeare!

Wait... you've got his autograph? How? Have you met him, or did you 'just' write him?

[Gimli, when you've finished DH I'll be be the first in line to request a Snape banner, pretty please. I'd like someone who has read the book to make it. :-)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 1:01 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Secretly, the only reason I watched Die Hard was because of Alan. I wasn't too impressed with it, but he is worth it. Always. ;)

Oh, you must watch Sense and Sensibility! It is a lovely film, and you are sure to like him in it. *nods till head falls off*

Truly, Madly, Deeply I saw a long time ago, and I was probably too young to appreciate it. I remember liking it, but it wasn't the best. I think I would like it more if I saw it now.

Well he has been in a fair few films, but he is a theatre actor more than a film actor. I would *die* if I thought I could see him on stage.

I wrote to him. My mum sent him a letter asking for an autograph for me and she got a reply back from his secretary saying he was too busy. Then I read he likes to dedicate autographs to people so he knows they aren't flogging them on Ebay. A few months later I sent him a letter, specifically asking for a autograph dedicated to me (and this was when he was filming HP) and lo and behold I got one back, and also one for my brother who I mentioned was a fan. :D

Ok, I need to PM you about that actually. ;)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2007, 5:00 am 

I'm actually planning to see Sense & Sensibility with a friend as we speak, so it shouldn't be long now!! *swoons and remembers this is not a fan thread*

Hmm.. do you know if he plans on starring in a play in London any time soon? Perhaps I should coordinate my trip to London with an Alan Rickman play.

Aww, you've got autographs from all the cool people. I'm starting to envy your collection!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 1:20 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Oooh, I hope you enjoy it! :D

Urm, no. Not that I know of. I don't know how often he is in plays anymore.

Lol, well it is only a small collection. But I'm very glad to have him in it. :-)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 1:46 pm 
Elf
Elf

*MAKES 200th POST*

I LOVE ALAN RICKMAN!! <3

now that is a true 200th post! *Hugs AR plushie*

The Poetry Project.
Inwe's Facebook

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 2:31 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Lol, I can't think of a better way to celebrate 200 posts either. :P

Anyone going to see the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp film Sweeney Todd? Because AR is going to be in it. *squee*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 3:17 pm 

Alright, I'm going to overcome my reluctance to romantic-ness and see Sense & Sensibility in a very near future... hopefully, i can convince my movie partner in crime to see Galaxy Quest too!

Hmmm what Rickman fan are you, when you don't know about his every step? lol

Congratulations Inwe (although your post count says 199 still). *throws confetti*
What's it about and when it is coming out?
*goes to Google*

If it's a Johnny Depp movie I'm definately going to see it sometime... and if Mr Rickman is in it.. it might be sooner than later! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 3:33 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

There should be no reluctance when Alan Rickman plays handsome dashing men. :teehee:

I know. Teh shame on me.

Sweeney Todd.. the demon barber of Fleet Street (I think that's the one). It's a musical (yes, Johnny will sing) made by the direcor who has made 6 films with Depp so far. It's about the barber who used to kill his victims and send the bodies to the shop next door, a bakers, and she would make delicious meat pies. :D

I guess it will be like Sleepy Hollow. Gory, but with humour. Alan plays a judge... be interesting if he has to sing!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 12:16 pm 

But see that's the thing... I like awesome Rickman better when he plays villains.. that's a lot more him!

Hmm googled Sweeney Todd... and yes, that's basically what I got... old 70s musical... makes me think of old musicals like Little Shop of Horrors, and it does sound very much Burton/Depp-ish...!