Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Joaquin Phoenix
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 7:37 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

On the whole, I am pretty disappointed with this section of the forum. There are literally tons of awesome actors out there, and no-one ever seems to talk about them. Yet, when people are limited to the few in LOTR, everyone goes crazy.

Madness I tell ye!

So, here is yet another awesome actor, who should have a thread, but hasn't... until now...

Joaquin Phoenix. My current obsession although I have been a fan of his for a while now, since I saw Gladiator (bringing awesome villains back to the big screen, yay!). Currently going into Joaquin overload thanks to the two films he was in directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Anyone out there like him? (whose name is not Kit, as I already know about her so it didna count :P)

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 9:25 pm 

[snaps fingers]

Darn.

I can still swoon right? ^^ I adore him now----of course because of The Village, Lucius Hunt is so very irresistible to say the least. I wish only to now see him in other movies, one in which JF insists I get ASAP Signs, and Ladder 49.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 10:52 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Yep, swooning is accepted.

Yay! Adoration is acceptable as well. :D I haven't seen Ladder 49... depends what rating it is and whether I would be allowed to watch it. *rolls eyes*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 10:58 pm 
Maia
Maia

*raises hand* Me, me! I'm a Joaquin fan! Can I swoon too? Lol. I thought he was great in The Village and Signs, and now I want to see more of his movies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 11:19 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Yay! Welcome to the happy land of Swoonington. :D

I thought he was splendid in both if M. Night Shyamalan's films. The role of Lucius Hunt was written specifically for him, which is great as I think he suited the character perfectly.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 11:21 pm 

I think it's cute that he didn't want anyone to know that the role was written for him. Because it's a brilliant character and I loved him as Lucius.

Who else thinks it's extremely cute that Joaquin when he went to the 19th century "boot camp" he spent all day in woodworking to make Bryce Dallas Howard a cane and carved "Ivy" in it for her? My heart grew wings and flew at that.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 11:28 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Ooh, I didn't know about that fact he didn't want to know people knew about the role being for him. From the things I have read about him, that seems the kind of person he is, so I can imagine him not wanting people to know.

Yes, I read about that. I haven't seen the documentaries yet. Have you seen the deleted scenes? There is a nice one of him and Ivy. :D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 3:57 pm 

Deleted scenes were kind of disappointing, though that was why Shyamalan probably cut them. The one where Ivy talks to Lucius at Resting Rock before Kitty's wedding? It is rather cute and fluffy, but I'm glad they cut it out.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 5:41 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

I always think though, sometimes because we don't know where the scenes were meant to be placed, it's kinda hard to watch them and see where their going, because having seen the film, we don't really know where they would have appeared (with the exception of the Lucius/Ivy scene). So they don't flow, if you know what I mean? If they were actually added into the film (like LOTR), we probably wouldn't have thought "I wish that scene had been cut out".

Some nice deleted scenes of Joaquin in Signs which I finished today. *is a happy bunny*
:D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 12:52 am 

Oh stop it you. Gah, now I want to see Signs so bad I don't know what to do with myself.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 1:02 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

:teehee:

Knock an old lady off her zimmer frame and runaway with her purse and buy the DVD? :D

It's for a good cause, I'm sure she would understand.

[make sure she is wearing a t shirt that says Joaquin For President first though]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 1:45 am 

LOL Oh that poor old lady. I could probably find it cheap off of amazon. I'm sure it's worth owning. :D :angel:

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2007, 5:05 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Another fan here :hiya:! If you guys were impressed with him in those, you should see him in Walk The Line (it's a biographical film about Johnny Cash) :yes:! He's excellent in it, and get this, he even did his own singing and guitar playing ;)!

Alexis

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 10:23 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Hey there! Haven't seen you around for a while. :-)

I know, I really want to see that film. We have it, but I just haven't got round to it. I love Johnny Cash anyway, but Johnn Cash being played by Joaquin Pheonix... :swoon:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2008, 3:09 pm 

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/joaquin ... _blog.html

CRY, ANGST, WAIL, MISERY, AND WOE.

</capslock>

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 25th, 2008, 9:14 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Hey, JF :hiya:! Yeah, I pop in now and then, but mostly on the "Most Recent TV Show /Movie You've Watched", "Torchwood Fan Club", and "Doctor Who Fan Club" threads, probably why you haven't seen much of me lately (well, that, and I've never checked into this forum as regularly as I do with ones like the KTTC forum and Live Journal) :closedeyes:.

Quote:
I love Johnny Cash anyway, but Johnn Cash being played by Joaquin Pheonix... :swoon:
Hehe, I know what you mean ;). Though that might be overpowered by your awe at how well they cast the role. The way Joaquin talks, sings, heck, everything about his performance, is so uncanny, it'll blow you away :yes:!

Kitoky- Oh, WOW :blink:! If it's a sure thing he's doing that, it's a shame for us fans of his, but if it makes him happy, I wish him the best :closedeyes:. He certainly has his share of demons, not least of which is having to not only call 911 for his brother (yes, that Phoenix; I figure you know who I'm referring to), but having to sit there and watch him die so horribly :confused:. Being witness to something like that would be traumatic for anyone :(.