Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Geoffrey Rush
PostPosted: November 11th, 2010, 7:53 pm 

I was shocked to find that there was no thread dedicated to the most amazing actor: Geoffrey Rush. (Or I couldn't find one..)

Like I already stated in the King's Speech thread, I absolutely admire this man for his variety in roles and characters, so I thought it would be nice to discuss the movies which you've seen him.

I've seen quite a few movies, starring Rush and I simply haven't seen a movie of him, which was disappointing.

Shine, this is a great movie, especially for those who like the third concerto of Rachmaninoff. It tells the story of David, who's pressured by his father to play the piano (and to play the Rach 3 piece) and is eventually abused by his father. David has a mental breakdown but partly recovers, and returns to playing the piano again. This movie really shows the excellent acting qualities of Geoffrey. I thought that he was absolutely great playing this somewhat crazy David Helfgott.

Les Misérables, I believe that several versions have been made of this brilliant story of Victor Hugo. But this version has a splendid cast, and of course Geoffrey, portraying inspector Javert. Although his role is not really one I can identify with, I really liked how he played this merciless police officer.

Elizabeth [I & II] , I really like historical drama's and although this is not a feel-good movie and said not to be completely historical accurate, I thought that Rush's portrayal of Walsingham was splendid and convincing.

Pirates of the Caribbean
, Okay, so everyone clearly has seen this movie and alot has been said about Geoffrey's role as Barbossa. He's just awesome! :P

The King's Speech, has yet to come in the cinemas, but I'm really excited for this one! :)

There are many other films in which Geoffrey Rush has played, but which I've seen a long time ago and of which I really can't remember how I liked his performance.. :P
These include titles like Shakespeare in love, Munich, the tailor of Panama and intolerable cruelty.

So go ahead and discuss you opinion of Geoffrey and his movies! :-D

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2010, 12:01 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Muhauhauha. Mucho obsessive fangirling methinks. ;)

I have to confess I have only seen GR in POTC and also as the voice of Nigel the pelican in Finding Nemo... BUT, I seem to see every trailer for his films and he can, in those few seconds he is on screen, completely make that trailer. And he is ALWAYS different and just... makes me wish I had seen him in many more films.

Ah, I didn't know he was in Les Mis. Javert is the best Les Mis character I think, so what they might have changed for the film I'm not so sure... I think you're meant to feel sorry for him at the end. :P

And I will love him forever for sending me this photo:

And for signing the top trumps card I sent him with the inscription - " you will win this game Ceryn!".

Awesome. :notworthy:

And Barbossa makes POTC. Jack can move over in my opinion. :teehee:

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW