Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 18th, 2024, 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2008, 7:32 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Johnny's Fan wrote:
I'm actually more shocked by this then I should be. The Patriot and A Knight's Tale, that's all I know of him.

But any young actor that manages to steer clear of bad press, is someone worth liking in my eyes and he just seemed like a nice guy, it's so shocking.

And I was so looking forward to seeing him in Dark Knight. And I'm sure he would have had a hoot talking about the Joker and going to the premiere and all that.

So much more to give.

He finished filming The Dark Knight some time ago now; the film is in post-production. Unless they decide they are not going to release it for whatever reason, he will still be in it.

No one knows how he died, and to be quite honest I don't really care. There has been no evidence to suggest it was suicide and it makes me angry that people jump to conclusions so soon. There has not even been an autopsy yet and yet people automatically assume the worst of him. I think it's disgusting. If it truthfully comes out that he did commit suicide - and again, NO-ONE knows right now, none of us knew him so we should not make assumptions about what perhaps should have been best for him. None of us have lived the life he has, so how would we understand? Until a formal statement is released from the police and/or his family I personally will not disrespect the man he was by assuming the worst.

It's such a shock... he was a fantastic man, an amazing actor and a wonderful and caring son/father/friend. His little girl, Matilda, will never really remember her daddy and what an influence he has had on us all. May he rest in peace, I think I speak for us all when I say he will be very sorely missed.

techquo @ deviantART
[$%=#_&]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31st, 2008, 2:37 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I found out about this as soon as the story broke, too, possibly even before it was reported on the news. Shock didn't even begin to describe my reaction :'(! This is how I learned of it- I was coming inside with that morning's paper when I looked down and saw the announcement on the headline bar at the top of the front page. My immediate reaction was "Oh my God! How?", especially after reading a few weeks before that Brad Renfro had died (I wasn't as familiar with his work as I was with Heath's, but I recognized the name). I just couldn't believe it, I still can't :(!

From what I heard (like probably many people who had any respect for his talent at all, I was practically glued to the TV that day, hoping to hear more details about what had caused his death), everything points to an accidental overdose and/or a fatal drug interaction of some sort (i.e. there were about five or six different prescriptions found in his room, and not one bottle was empty, so any bad combination he might have taken, he didn't do so on purpose), although that won't be confirmed or disproved until the results of the toxicology tests come out. Still, accidental death or not, the film community (actors and fans) has suffered a devastatingly tragic loss :confused:.

Quote:
There has been no evidence to suggest it was suicide and it makes me angry that people jump to conclusions so soon. There has not even been an autopsy yet and yet people automatically assume the worst of him. I think it's disgusting. If it truthfully comes out that he did commit suicide - and again, NO-ONE knows right now, none of us knew him so we should not make assumptions about what perhaps should have been best for him. None of us have lived the life he has, so how would we understand? Until a formal statement is released from the police and/or his family I personally will not disrespect the man he was by assuming the worst.
Hear, hear on that, Sisilcal! Some of the things people in certain groups (i.e. the radical political right) accused him of, said about him, claim contributed to his death, etc. are/were unbelievable :disgust:! Most are not worthy of repeating, partly because they aren't appropriate for this forum, but even more because they're so inconceivably disgusting, just, GRRRR... :explode:!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2008, 11:19 pm 
Maia
Maia

RIP Heath Ledger....I'm really sad...

Married Finn Jones on March 24th, 2009

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 24th, 2008, 6:59 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I know everyone who knows of this tragedy will know how he died now, but it's been over a month since he was taken from this world. I heard that his funeral was exactly like he would have chosen it to be, and his life was celebrated, like it should have been. I hope he'll never be forgotten - he'll still be alive if there is someone out there to remember him.

techquo @ deviantART
[$%=#_&]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2009, 7:48 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Congratulations to Heath Ledger for his Oscar at the 81st Oscar Academy Awards!

~Old lurker from '06 crawling back for another adventure.~

You may call me Cazz. :-D

Post subject: Re: Heath Ledger
PostPosted: January 19th, 2017, 9:00 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

It is sad that Heath left us at such a young age. Loved him in Knights Tale and Ned Kelly.
Some like Brokeback Mountain, but I didn't get into it much. Rest in Peace Heath.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW