Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 12:06 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Wolverine and Rogue were never romantic. Ever. :blink:
They had a good friendship and he was sorta like a father figure to her. Yes, she had a crush on him. But it was not reciprocated, he had feelings for Jean.

Wolverine's solo movie is still in the script writing stage. It'll likely start filming some point next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 12:35 pm 
Istari
Istari

Phoenix, I viewed them as romantic mainly based on the first movie. She absolutely fell for him and he seemed to have a slight liking for her. The way he took care of her, looked at her, and especialy at the end of the first one where he gave her his necklace like thing and said that he would be back for it. I saw that as him giving her and the viewers hope that he did have more than friends feelings for her. Plus it appered to be his way of giving her something to remember him by and I thought that to be very romantic.
However I do agree that in the 2nd one they did give them a more father/daughter like relashionship (which I totally Hated). :frust:
Thanks for the info on the "Wolverine" movie. :-D I can't wait for it to come out!

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 2:01 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

They had zero romantic relationship. There's no argument, it didn't happen. No matter what you might have presumed. Him giving her his dog tags was just simply him saying "I promised I'd look after you...so I WILL be back" He had NO romantic feelings for Rogue, he looked at her like a little sister or a daughter.
Rogue was just a young girl, she got a crush on the man that took her under his wing. An infatuation that is perfectly normal and common, and didn't go unnoticed. See Jeans remark at the end where he's woken up from his healing after Liberty Island.
"I think she's a little taken with you" to which he replies "Tell her my heart belongs to someone else" (or words to that effect).

You're seeing something that is not there, never been implied by Bryan Singer or any of the acting performances.

To give Wolverine and Rogue anything more than a platonic friendship would be downright creepy if you take both of there ages into consideration.

Sorry to go on and on, but I'm a real die-hard X-Geek (comics and movies) so I have this uncontrollable urge to jump into any thread X-related and voice my opinion.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 3:10 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

Drew's Destiny wrote:
Phoenix, I viewed them as romantic mainly based on the first movie. She absolutely fell for him and he seemed to have a slight liking for her. The way he took care of her, looked at her, and especialy at the end of the first one where he gave her his necklace like thing and said that he would be back for it. I saw that as him giving her and the viewers hope that he did have more than friends feelings for her. Plus it appered to be his way of giving her something to remember him by and I thought that to be very romantic.
However I do agree that in the 2nd one they did give them a more father/daughter like relashionship (which I totally Hated).:frust:
Thanks for the info on the "Wolverine" movie. :-D I can't wait for it to come out!

That's the exact same relationship as it was in the 1st film. Nothing more, nothing less. He also called her "kid", which is what you would call your little sister or daughter - not somebody you're in love with. She had a crush on him, he never had any intention to get romantically involved with Rogue.. ever, nor did any of the films imply that either.

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2006, 6:49 pm 
Istari
Istari

Phoenix and Child of Oainn, I guess to me they just had that type of chemistry in the first movie. (shrugs)
To me age differance between couples has never been a big deal (as long as they are both leagal, which I assume Rogue and Wolverine are). Part of this maybe because there were several years age difference between my grandparents. I also have allways loved Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore together and there is about 15 years age difference between them. So perhaps I was hoping to see that Demi/Ashton chemistry in X men. :-D
Or perhaps I am just seeing things through rose colored glasses for whatever reason that I wanted to. :-D

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Last edited by Drew's Destiny on October 8th, 2006, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2006, 8:30 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Hugh Jackman is going to be in a new movie that looks very very interesting. It's called the Fountain.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2006, 9:17 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Drew's Destiny wrote:
Phoenix and Child of Oainn, I guess to me they just had that type of chemistry in the first movie. (shrugs)
To me age differance between couples has never been a big deal (as long as they are both legal, which I assume Rogue and Wolverine are). Part of this maybe because there were several years age difference between my grandparents. I also have allways loved Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore together and there is about 15 years age difference between them. So perhaps I was hoping to see that Demi/Ashton chemistry in X men. :-D
Or perhaps I am just seeing things through rose colored glasses for whatever reason that I wanted to. :-D

There's a significant age difference between Rogue and Wolverine in the movies. Rogue is roughly 15 at the time of X-Men.

Frost: The Fountain looks good as does The Prestige. Hugh is a very good and very diverse actor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2006, 10:06 am 
Istari
Istari

Phoenix, Oh I thought that she was 18 (or alittle older). :confused: Well, they would be great when's she's a little older...but until. :)
Caunion the frost lord, Cool! What's the movie about? is Hugh Jackman going ot be playing a lead part? When is it coming out? Sorry about all the questions but I'm excited about seeing more Hugh. :blush: :-D
Phoenix, The prestige...that sounds famillar. I think I've seen the commercial for it. Oh! (light bulb) I know what you're talking about! The magician/wizard like film. Yeah, that looks pretty good from what I've seen, especialy since he has one of the two main roles. :-D Is the Prestige out yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2009, 6:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

Ok, people. I couldn't resist bring back the Hugh Jackman thread. Since I'm a huge Wolverine fan, Hugh Jackman has reached my number one obsession spot! :swoon: