Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2007, 5:29 pm 
Elf
Elf

Me too! I didn't really think much about him in CotBP, but when I went to the theater to see DMC all I could think after I saw him was: 'Oh my gosh, when did he get sooooooo hot?!' I've been in love ever since. Lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2007, 1:56 am 

Oh my goodness!!! I have no idea how I never saw this thread after all this time! I've been a die hard fan of his for years!!! He's such an amazing actor. Have any of you heard some of his voice over work? He actually does a lot more of books on tape and commercials and stuff...*sigh* You can get the books on tape and listen to him for hours!!!! Isn't that awesome!?!?!? hehehehe..*psycho* Anyways...It's great to see he has so many fans now. Back when I first discovered him NO ONE knew who he was and it was rather sad and I felt lonely. :P

EDIT:

I saw a couple posts wondering if he would still have the beard in the third movie...not sure if it's been answered because I'm tired and too lazy to look (:P) but I don't think he will. *SPOILER* He's suppose to be pushed up to Admiral in the next one...no beards allowed. hehe...He did have his beard back in the fall but he might not have it anymore. He said he liked the look but his wife hated it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2007, 5:11 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

First, a quick welcome to elvishjedipirate, LadyOfRohan, Artemis, and Alatariel :bye2:! It's always nice to meet other JackDav fans :)! Now then, onto post replies.

elvishjedipirate, LadyOfRohan, and Artemis- quoting Barbossa in COTBP, "We have an accord!" I really liked Norrington all scruffy in DMC, too ;). He reminded me of Aragorn a bit with that look, actually (which is a very good thing, as I found him the most drool-worthy character in LOTR ;)). That's not the only reason I liked Norrington more in DMC, though. I also liked him because we finally got to see his humanity in it. There was a bit of that in COTBP, but nowhere near as much as in DMC. It was really that that made Norrington one of my favorite POTC characters.

Alatariel-
Quote:
Oh my goodness!!! I have no idea how I never saw this thread after all this time!
Hey, better late than never :happy:! It's understandable, though, because like you said, he wasn't very well known, particularly here in the states. I'd actually never heard of him until POTC myself, but after seeing him in COTBP & DMC, some episodes of Coupling, The Wisdom of Crocodiles, and a couple of episodes of This Life & the reunion show that was just aired for that, I'm now a huge fan and am in the process of catching up on his work.
Quote:
Anyways...It's great to see he has so many fans now.
He most certainly does, but let's hope he doesn't suffer the same fate, at least here in the US, as Orlando does (e.g. he only has female fans because he's so attractive, with very little consideration for his acting ability):disgust:.

As to your mention about the posts discussing whether or not he'll have a beard in AWE, here are a couple of possible answers (the first one is on the second page of the thread, but the second one is a promotional still from the This Life reunion show): Image

Granted, neither is from AWE specifically, since Disney is being unkind and sadistic by forcing us JackDav fans to wait until the last minute before releasing a pic of what Norrington is going to look like :annoyed:, but these two photos give sort of an idea of what he might look like- I think it's safe to say that at least some point in POTC 3, we'll be seeing him cleanshaven and without the wig, which is great, because to me and some other female fans, Jack looks absolutely gorgeous with the longish hair :swoon:, ;)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2007, 6:46 pm 

Thank you for the welcome! :D I was going to write more but I gotta go! But! I just wanted to say before i forget, I think that *spoilers of PotC3* we wills ee him as scruffy in teh beginning because I found this photo that I most certainly did not see in DMC where he was like that with Beckett but on IMDB is says ont he credits that he'll be *GASP!!!* Admiral!!! The highest rank in Her Majesty's Navy! :D I;m so proud...our little Norrington is growing up so fast. :'(

:P

Anyways, I'll post more later. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 12:28 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Sure, Alatariel :)! I have to say how much I appreciate you, a moderator, for being so friendly with us newbies and semi-newbies by joining in on discussion threads like this :blush:.

Quote:
we wills ee him as scruffy in teh beginning because I found this photo that I most certainly did not see in DMC where he was like that with Beckett
I'd imagine you're talking about one of these:

Image? Assuming you are, that would be great, as all three are actually parts of scenes that were cut out of DMC (Darn editors! Never giving Norry the respect his character deserves :annoyed:!). The first one is Norrington's reaction when, after Beckett has returned his sword to him, Beckett tells him that Elizabeth went down with Jack and the Pearl.
**Relatively Minor Spoilers From DMC and Possibly The Beginning of AWE**:
The second and third ones are actually in reverse order- Norrington makes a move to stab Davey Jones' heart (probably after the moment shown in that first one), but then Beckett convinces him to do otherwise by baiting him with the promise of not just giving him his original title of commodore back or making him a privateer (basically a "legal" pirate under the command of the monarchy in question), but making him an Admiral. Since he's called an admiral on the IMDB page for AWE, we can safely conclude that Norrington accepted the offer. That second picture is probably a moment from what occurred after everything I described above. So, yes, tacking them on to the beginning of AWE could work. I'd love it if that's what the writers, the director, and the producer decide to do :-D! We'll have to see :confused:. There is one other possibility during which we might see scruffy Norrington, though ;)- Not as scruffy as he was in DMC, but relatively scruffy nonetheless- In the middle of the film. **WARNING: PRETTY MAJOR AWE SPOILERS**: In an early budget draft of the script (and I mean really early), Norrington has a swordfight with Bootsrap Bill on the Dutchman after he finds out that Norrington helped Elizabeth and her crew (Yes, she does get command of a ship from another character ;)) escape, and Norrington gets seriously injured. He doesn't necessarily die, but he's injured badly enough that those of us who are fans of the character are going to be made to squirm for a little while, if you get my meaning :wary:. Anyway, my theory is that someone, most likely Elizabeth, is going to come back for him and take him onto their ship so he can heal. So, because he won't be able to do much until he does, he'll probably get somewhat scruffy during the interim. Something like this Image, perhaps (My apologies, it's an extremely rough sketch, and I'm planning to redo it, but I thought I'd give you a bit of an idea of what I mean :blush:) :). But again, we'll have to see :happy:.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2007, 2:04 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Wooo, it's been a while since I've been here, but as as I am married to Jack's POTC character, it's about time I made an appearance. ;)

When I first saw DMC I was not sure about the whole scruffy look, but I admit it suits him as his character. I also like the clean shaven look, but I'd like it even more if he got rid of the powdered wig. :P If that was to happen in AWE, I would fall out of my cinema seat with joy.

In real life, I think he looks better without the beard, more of his lovely face to see. :teehee: Same goes with the hair. If it was shorter I could see more!

Gah, if he dies in AWE, I will never forgive anyone to with POTC again. He is such a good character, and as an actor he is completely under-rated in those films. He should get top billing along with the other three. :yes:

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 12:30 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Hi, JF, welcome back :hiya:! And congratulations on your "marriage" to Norrington ;).

I agree with you completely here. The scruffy look Norrington had in DMC fit the place he was in at the time, both mentally and emotionally. Another agreement here- I like him better without the wig than with it. For me, it's not that he looks bad with it, it's more that he looks too stiff and uptight with it. A similar look to the one he had at the beginning of COTBP would be nice. I wouldn't mind that at all :)!

As for which look I prefer JackDav himself with, I like him both ways- bearded or cleanshaven, with short hair or longish hair. I mean come on, how can you not like this look: Image :)? It's like his Coupling look (a version of which is seen here, Image), only a whole lot cuter :swoon: (IMO, least ways :))!

I don't like it much, either (the possibility that Norrington might die at some point in AWE), but unless he becomes the new captain of the Flying Dutchman (which I like even less, though it would make sense in terms of his character) or Ted & Terry decide to throw us (meaning the entire audience who goes to see
AWE) a curve ball and have a Norrington/Elizabeth ending instead of a Will/Elizabeth one, that's really the only fate he can hope to have, since (1) he's a supporting character (a major one, yes, but a supporting one nonetheless), and (2) quite a few more POTC fans will be ticked off if one of "The Trio" (e.g. Jack, Will, and Elizabeth) is killed off than if someone like Norrington is. It's very unfortunate, since Jack did/is doing such a great job portraying the character, but that's the way it is, since Johnny, Orlando, and Keira, not Jack Davenport, are the big draws of the series :confused:. All we can do is hope that Ted & Terry put a good word in for the character (they like Norrington a lot), and Disney, Bruckheimer, & company listened this time :confuzzled: (read, aren't going to insist that so many scenes where the focus, or at least most of it, is on Norrington, are cut so more time can be spent on the members of "the trio").

Quote:
as an actor he is completely under-rated in those films. He should get top billing along with the other three. :yes:
Hear, hear :-D! I couldn't agree with you more, mate ;)!

Alexis

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 3:07 pm 

johnny&orlifan6422 wrote:
Sure, Alatariel :)! I have to say how much I appreciate you, a moderator, for being so friendly with us newbies and semi-newbies by joining in on discussion threads like this :blush:.

Quote:
we wills ee him as scruffy in teh beginning because I found this photo that I most certainly did not see in DMC where he was like that with Beckett
I'd imagine you're talking about one of these:

Image? Assuming you are, that would be great, as all three are actually parts of scenes that were cut out of DMC (Darn editors! Never giving Norry the respect his character deserves :annoyed:!). The first one is Norrington's reaction when, after Beckett has returned his sword to him, Beckett tells him that Elizabeth went down with Jack and the Pearl.
**Relatively Minor Spoilers From DMC and Possibly The Beginning of AWE**:
The second and third ones are actually in reverse order- Norrington makes a move to stab Davey Jones' heart (probably after the moment shown in that first one), but then Beckett convinces him to do otherwise by baiting him with the promise of not just giving him his original title of commodore back or making him a privateer (basically a "legal" pirate under the command of the monarchy in question), but making him an Admiral. Since he's called an admiral on the IMDB page for AWE, we can safely conclude that Norrington accepted the offer. That second picture is probably a moment from what occurred after everything I described above. So, yes, tacking them on to the beginning of AWE could work. I'd love it if that's what the writers, the director, and the producer decide to do :-D! We'll have to see :confused:. There is one other possibility during which we might see scruffy Norrington, though ;)- Not as scruffy as he was in DMC, but relatively scruffy nonetheless- In the middle of the film. **WARNING: PRETTY MAJOR AWE SPOILERS**: In an early budget draft of the script (and I mean really early), Norrington has a swordfight with Bootsrap Bill on the Dutchman after he finds out that Norrington helped Elizabeth and her crew (Yes, she does get command of a ship from another character ;)) escape, and Norrington gets seriously injured. He doesn't necessarily die, but he's injured badly enough that those of us who are fans of the character are going to be made to squirm for a little while, if you get my meaning :wary:. Anyway, my theory is that someone, most likely Elizabeth, is going to come back for him and take him onto their ship so he can heal. So, because he won't be able to do much until he does, he'll probably get somewhat scruffy during the interim. Something like this Image, perhaps (My apologies, it's an extremely rough sketch, and I'm planning to redo it, but I thought I'd give you a bit of an idea of what I mean :blush:) :). But again, we'll have to see :happy:.

Wows, that'sa big quote! *giggle* *hyper*

Anyways, I saw these posts yesterday but I'm afraid I didn't have time to reply...I still don't have time but I'm replying anyway. :P

First off, I wanted to say, thank you! Alexis, you made my day!!! And I don't just mean saying all that stuff about Norrington, I mean the thing you said at the beginning. "Sure, Alatariel :)! I have to say how much I appreciate you, a moderator, for being so friendly with us newbies and semi-newbies by joining in on discussion threads like this :blush:." It's my pleasure. As silly as this may sound, that really moved me! Lately I have noticed how I have barely been really active on this forum (the older one I was much more active in) and I missed it. I also saw some members would say "Alatariel? Who is that?" and it hurt a lot. I started scanning the forum for threads I could join in on and hopefully get back into the swing of things and well, when you said that, I felt like I back to being an active member of the forum! Anyways, I'm going off topic. :P

Thank you so much for answering me with that!!! Those are indeed the pictures I saw! Is anything of this on the special edition of the DVD? I went to buy it the day it came out but my mom told me not to because my aunt was buying it for me (which killed me because I usually get my obsession the day it's out :P) for Christmas but the version she gave me only has the movie and bloopers (which are awesome) so I have to wait and maybe use a gift card I got from Christmas on it. *ahem* Going off topic again. :P

I read some where...earlier back. I think it was in August. About how in AWE there would be a lot of scenes with Norrington and Will and there would be like this theme of them going at each other about Elizabeth for humor. So that means that somehow Norrington is with the trio I assume? I really hope he doesn't die...or end up with Elizabeth. Those are my only two things. :P I think if they plan on continuing with more PotC movies that they will keep him. I remember when it was up for question on whether or not they would make 2 and 3. Johnny Depp immediately signed up and I think Jack Davenport right after him (along with other supporting cast) but Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley said they wanted to see the script first before they signed on and even then after getting the script, they took some time to decide. So that's my main concern is maybe Orlando and Keira won't do the next movies or just agree to small parts/cameo and I think if that happened, the writers (and everyone making the movie) would want as many known characters in it as possible. And for some reason I feel like Jack Davenport wouldn't mind joining up again. It's good money and good publicity, great for his career!

Quote:
He most certainly does, but let's hope he doesn't suffer the same fate, at least here in the US, as Orlando does (e.g. he only has female fans because he's so attractive, with very little consideration for his acting ability).

I completely agree!!! I really hope he doesn't end up with fans like that. (Thought unfortunately I have already spotted many fan girls like that. :'( ) When I visited this thread though, I was so relieved to see that you all were having beautiful conversations about him, about his work. You all weren't saying "HOMGZ HES SO HAWT!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneone" :P

Okay, I'm over my time limit (*is suppose to be doing a paper*). *runs off* :D

EDIT:
Quote:
Oh, my!!! Look at all those horrid typos I had! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 4:53 pm 
Elf
Elf

Oooh I love those pictures :drool: Very nice! :-D Sadly, I only have the regular dvd edition, not the two disk, so if those scenes are shown on the special features, I won't get to see them anyways :disgust:

I hope we get to see more of Norringtom in AWE than we did in CotBP and DMC. This is not just because he is wonderful to look at, but he is really my favorite character out of all the movies, and I think Jack Davenport just portrays him soooo well.

I really wish he was in more movies here in the U.S. He is such a good actor, and his such great talent. He seems like one of those actors who can play just about anything.

I really really hope he doesn't get killed off. That would just ruin the movie for me. I would be sooo sad.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 29th, 2007, 11:06 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Alatariel- It's not silly at all :happy:! That's part of the reason these forums exist- they're not only for discussing a movie, actor, TV show, etc. with other people who understand why you're so into the given thing or person, but they're also a way to meet and become friends with people that you might never have a chance to meet face to face. I understand where you're coming from in terms of feeling bad when people on here don't know you at all, too. Until recently, I spent most of my time on KTTC.com (that's Keep To The Code.com, the POTC fan site), so I don't know too many people on here either, and those I do know, with the exception of the ones who are also frequent visitors to KTTC, don't even know me that well, so it does get rather lonely sometimes :confused:.

Quote:
Those are indeed the pictures I saw! Is anything of this on the Special edition of the DVD?
No, unfortunately :annoyed2:. All of them are from other POTC or POTC-related sites. Despite all the interesting goodies on the second disc of the special edition, the lack of deleted/extended scenes kind of overshadowed that for me and several other POTC fans. Myself and other members of KTTC are figuring one of two things will happen: (1) they'll be added to the beginning of AWE or at some other point in it (e.g. if Norrington is in a situation that lends itself to a possible flashback about what he's done since his dishonorable discharge from the Royal Navy), or (2) they'll be included on a "Lost Disc" version of either DMC or AWE when the entire trilogy is released in a single collection in the future sometime. If Norrington is going to play a bigger role in AWE than he did in either COTBP or DMC , as Jerry Bruckheimer said, we may see them. But if not, and AWE is hugely successful, the latter is most likely, because as much as Disney's execs trumpet the company's family-friendly, kid-focused appearance, they're really no different than the executives of other major corporations when it comes to making money, and you know they're going to squeeze out as much profit as they can from a franchise that's as big a moneymaker as POTC is :disgust:.

That isn't a sure thing (the presence in AWE of a number of scenes between Norrington and Will over Elizabeth), it was just a suggestion from, probably, a KTTC member about how Norrington might interact with the other characters in AWE. I have to say, though, as long as they're not overly comedic, that would be very interesting. I say that for two reasons: (1) we've already seen how both Orlando and Jack work with Johnny (quite well on both counts, I think ;)) , so it only makes sense to see how the two of them work with each other, and (2) it would be cool to learn more about what those two characters' relationship is like.
Quote:
So that means that somehow Norrington is with the trio I assume?
Hmmmm... that's a sticky question, as I don't want to spoil too much of AWE for you (they're relatively minor details, but still). Okay, I'll give it a try: At the beginning of the movie, Norrington could conceivably be seen as on the side of the villains (Beckett, Davey Jones, etc.), although IMO anyway, he isn't there willingly, it's more of a forced alliance (and actually, if you remember the last few minutes of DMC, Davey Jones is actually in much the same position). I don't usually like to do this, but I'll go ahead and give you a couple of lines from a scene in the early AWE script draft I mentioned a couple of posts up or so. It takes place between Norrington and Davey Jones, and is written as follows:
Davey Jones- Is that all? You will continue in this madness?
Norrington- That is all. I violated my duty once. My life has been returned to me, I will not lose it again!

Now, I don't know how JackDav did/is planning to deliver that line, but I read it as Norrington saying he has no choice but to do as he's told- he still has a trace of that desperation we saw in DMC, and now that he's gotten his life back (or a semblance of it anyway), he's just as frightened to lose it again as Jack was to lose his soul and the Pearl in DMC, so he hasn't just done a complete one-eighty and become a villain. Anyway, around the middle or so of the film, he'll learn something about another character that will cause him to reexamine the things he's doing, the people he's working with, and whether the path he's on is the right one, which may, in turn, influence him to switch sides and work with Jack, Elizabeth, Will, and the pirates instead.

Quote:
for some reason I feel like Jack Davenport wouldn't mind joining up again. It's good money and good publicity, great for his career!
He might like to, yes, though if I remember correctly, when asked in an interview last year if he'd consider doing more POTC films, he was rather hesitant to answer, possibly didn't respond at all :confused:. If he does decide to do that, though, in all likelihood, it won't be for the money, the publicity, or to boost his career. In interviews I've seen and read, I get the impression he doesn't really care about those sorts of things (he's said he absolutely detests shopping for clothes, if that gives you any idea ;)). If anything, he'll sign on to another POTC film because he likes working with Johnny so much. During the filming of DMC, he, Johnny, and Keira became very close friends. In fact, particularly in the case of he and Johnny, it became more like a sibling relationship than a simple friendship, as you can see here- Image
Isn't that just the sweetest, cutest thing you've ever seen :)? I thought so :).

Artemis- Aren't they :vampire:? No worries, you're not missing anything by not having the two-disc edition (unless you really find behind-the-scenes featurettes interesting, that is; personally, I found the ones on this quite intriguing, but that's just me)- it doesn't have any of those scenes, stills or otherwise, on it.

Jerry Bruckheimer said Norrington would play a major role in AWE, but that could mean a lot of things, not just that the character is given a lot of screentime. He could mean anything from exactly what it sounds like (i.e. he gets a lot of screentime and plays an important part in moving the plot along) to simply, as someone on KTTC put it so bluntly, "dying to save one or more of the main characters" (or something like that). I'm hoping for the former, because like you said, Norrington's a great character, and he has yet to get his due in terms of proper development.

Quote:
I think Jack Davenport just portrays him soooo well.
That he does, that he does :yes:! JackDav does a lot with what little he's given to work with- the fact that so far scenes with Norrington have been the ones that are most often cut from the final film, as well as the minimal development the character is given, makes his job a whole lot harder :confused:. Give the man a break, for heaven's sake! He's proven he has what it takes, so let him show that :annoyed:! Okay, I'm done :P. Do pardon the random burst of Jack Davenport fangirliness :goofy:!

Well, now that POTC has made him popular here in the states, we might actually see more of him in the movie theatre. I know of at least one movie he just finished filming in, I believe, North Carolina. It's a little indie film called "The Key Man". And, he's playing one of the main leads, along with Hugo Weaving (Elrond to you LOTR fans, Agent Smith to those of you who like the Matrix trilogy, and the title character in V For Vendetta to those of you who aren't big fans of either series or don't remember him in them) ;). I posted a couple of stills from the filming a couple of pages or so back, as well as a link with more info. Here it is again: http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061122/NEWSREC0101/61121014 . It's supposed to be out this year, but no date has been announced as yet. So for those who are interested, just keep an eye out :happy:. I would have to agree with you- he's obviously capable of doing both drama and comedy, so I have no doubt he could play just about any role he might be given :yes:.

All of us Norrington/ Jack Davenport fans are hoping for the same thing (he's not going to be killed off), so you're not alone :).

Okay, that's about it for me. Before I go, though, here are a couple of recent pics of him taken on the 23rd of this month at an awards show somewhere:

I'll catch you guys later :bye2:!

Alexis

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 12:50 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Quick update on what JackDav might be up to next (besides being in that movie I mentioned above)- apparently, he's signed on to play one of the main leads in a new TV drama called Swingtown on CBS (yes, I said CBS ;D). I'm still not sure why he decided to do it, but hey, if the pilot makes it through the greenlight process, we'll be seeing more of him here in the states, which is very cool :-D! There's more info about it here: http://community.livejournal.com/jackda ... tml#cutid1. That's it, ladies, I just wanted to pop in and let you guys know :happy:!
Catch you all later :bye2:!

Alexis

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2008, 8:32 pm 
Maia
Maia

Jack Davenport rules! He portrays Norrington so well in the POTC trilogy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31st, 2008, 1:52 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Welcome to the thread, Nienna :hiya:! :-D He most certainly does rule ;), and he definitely did an excellent job in the POTC trilogy :yes:! Which makes it all the more a pity that his character got "the short end of the stick" yet again in AWE :annoyed:.

Alexis

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2009, 5:24 pm 

He's in the new ABC series "FlashFoward"... Just so people know. 8D

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2009, 7:35 pm 
Maia
Maia

I know! :D I've seen him in it, it's AMAZING!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2009, 8:21 pm 

I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to now just for Jack! :D :D :D

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next