Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 6th, 2009, 2:42 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Add me to the list of people who've seen FlashForward and are now hooked on it :cool:. The draw for me was originally the fact that JackDav is playing one of the leads (and Joseph Fiennes, too, actually), but even though he was in the pilot episode for all of only, oh, two minutes, I was hooked from the get go. The drama that's going to ensue from watching certain characters try to prevent their futures from coming true (e.g. Joseph Fiennes' Agent Mark Benford) would be enough to keep me watching, even without the presence of Jack. The fact that he's in it, and probably won't go anywhere anytime soon (unless what I/we saw in another character's vision in last week's episode involves him) is an added bonus in an already great show :yes:.

Kitoky- Oh, you must catch up with it as soon as you can :yes:! Not only is JackDav playing one of the leads, so is Joseph Fiennes (a.k.a. Ralph's little brother. He also played the lead in the film Shakespeare In Love), and Dominic Monaghan (Merry in the LOTR trilogy, and Charlie in LOST) was added in last week's episode as a lead actor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2009, 2:21 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I'd be more excited if it were Ralph Fiennes himself.

Can has accentz plz?

What's Jack's character like?

-Kitoky

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 6th, 2009, 3:30 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Hehe, you're like my mom (and me to a smaller extent as well, I guess :-D ). She likes both of them, but prefers Ralph a bit more than Joseph.

They do have lovely accents, don't they ;)? It's actually kind of odd, now that I think about it, that they let Jack and Dominic keep their accents, but not Joseph. Something to do with their characters maybe? Perhaps Joseph has to use an American accent (which basically pans out to a total lack of one, being that the character lives on the West Coast of the U.S. :P) because of who his character is, but Jack and Dominic don't because they're outsiders, and only come to L.A. because events in the storyline lead them there.

Hmmm..., kind of a hard question, as I don't want to spoil anything major for you, but I'll take a stab at it :]. He starts out kind of distant, as many people with big brains are (he's a physicist, I believe), as well as sort of mysterious (we don't find out a whole lot about him until later episodes). As the storyline goes on and he interacts more with his son, however, both those qualities kind of start to peel away, and we get to know him a lot better. It's really a great role for Jack, because the character allows him to do a lot of things we haven't seen before, among the biggest things being (1) portraying a father, and (2) being sort of a romantic leading man (I'm just speaking from my own familiarity with his roles here, because I'm sure there are characters he's played in things I haven't seen that fit the above description perfectly). There are also little moments that recall other roles he's played. For example, there's an interaction between his and Dominic Monaghan's characters toward the end of an episode where he takes a very "Norrington-y" tone. It's classic :-D!

Post subject: Re: Jack Davenport
PostPosted: July 17th, 2011, 11:26 pm 
Maia
Maia

Oh, why did I not see this thread before?

I have not seen him in that many movies yet. Just Pirates.

That accent is so lovely. Would listen to him read the phonebook.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2011, 10:35 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Welcome to the JackDav (that's what we fangirls call him for short 8)) fan club, Nienna Anárion :hiya:! You probably didn't see it until now because it's been so long since anyone's posted here that it kind of disappeared amongst the mountain of pages that is the Dol Guldur board :]. *Looks at the date of my last post* Two years, to be exact :goofy:. Better late than never, though 8).
Quote:
I have not seen him in that many movies yet. Just Pirates.
Not me, either, actually, with the exception of POTC. I know him mostly from the television shows he's been in. Have you seen any of those? If not, these are good ones to start with:
-Coupling. It's a British show written by Steven Moffat (the current showrunner of Doctor Who, if you watch that at all), but you could probably find it on Netflix or something like that.

-Ultraviolet (which I have yet to see, much to my chagrin B[). It's another British show, so you'd have to go to a source like the one I mentioned above. It's about vampires and vampire hunters.

-FlashForward. It was canceled, oh, a year or two ago, I think, but you could probably find it somewhere, and because it's an American show, it'll most likely be much easier to find than the two I listed above. It's sci-fi, but it had a very interesting concept (everyone in the world blacks out for a couple of minutes or so, during which time they see a glimpse of what will happen to them in, I think, a few months or something). It's actually based on a novel by Robert Sawyer.

-Swingtown. This is another American show (also canceled after only one season B[), a drama, this time. The only thing about it is its subject might not exactly be to your liking. It takes place in the 70's, and revolves around these two (or was it three :[?) families who dabble in "swinging" (e.g. sharing of spouses in every manner, if you get my drift). It's mostly about the way that experimentation affects their marriages, their friendships, and their kids.

If you aren't able to track down any of those, just hold out for the premiere of Smash in, I think, the next few months or so 8). According to what I've read, it's about this group of sort of washed out professional theatre people who get together and attempt to stage a hit Broadway musical, hence the title. It also stars Anjelica Houston and a few other big name TV/movie actors. Jack is going to play the choreographer, so that should be interesting to see =)!

Quote:
That accent is so lovely. Would listen to him read the phonebook.
That it is, that it is ;-). It's very :swoon:-worthy, no doubt about it :-D.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2011, 11:45 am 
Maia
Maia

I shall have to look for those shows now.