Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Jillian,the last Daughter"
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 9:01 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Hello! I want your opinion on my writing...!! I know I have some mistakes but just tell me if you like the whole idea... You don't get much from only this page but it is something like a summarized beginning,I'll improve it as soon as I can!!

Here it is!:

She lingers in the forests when night has put her veil over the sky. Fairies have left this world and now she is the one that gives light to the stars and talks with the trees and flowers. She’s left a guardian. Only some small fairies have stayed to help her. People don’t care about earth any more; they don’t hear trees’ whispers or birds’ songs. These days are gone since long before. She has to cry over the cut trees to heal them or caress the broken plants to give flowers again. Little rivers mirror the light from the stars; with the forest’s sounds and her sweet song the nights and days pass away. But it seems like not a year has passed over her since she was the Queen’s beloved Daughter. After the Queen’s department, all the Daughters decided to leave with Her..

Sometimes travelers from far, pass through the forest. Other meets her, other not. Those who meet her shall never forget it. She takes care of them and gives them some food for the road and teaches them some secrets of nature, of life. But she only reveals to those who deserve it; unless they are doing something wrong to the forest.

She; Jillian. The last Daughter of the Fairy Queen. Her face, such a beauty in it that no creature in the earth never had and never will. With hair, black as the midnight sky and skin so pale. She had never fallen in love with no one but she's waiting for the one she's dreaming of. Queen told her once that she had met someone who asked her which way to go to find the thing his heart longs for the most. “He was so beautiful; with grey eyes and a golden heart. A boy, so beautiful like the dawn and brave like the harsh wind of November. I showed him the way and told him that he will feel it when he meets the one. You are made for each other, Jillian; I saw it when I looked at his eyes.” This is what she said the night before they left and since then his face haunts her dreams at night.

Another day begins as the warm sun rise to another day. Sunshine passes through the window and wake Jillian up. She gets up and opens the window. “Oh, another lovely spring morning…!” she says. She walks to the pond and washes her face; dewdrops preen her hair.

Far away, Tristan has just passed a small river and headed to a forest he was trying to reach for days. He had run out of food and he needed a safe place to sleep. All these days he had been thinking of Her words... "You'll feel it inside your heart when you meet the one your soul's looking for..." All these nights a face comes in his dreams...such a beautiful face! He couldn't stop thinking about her. “Is she the one I'm looking for or just a dream that means nothing?" asked himself Tristan. "Oh, no it can't be just a dream...she was so real...I thought I heard her voice...”.

Last edited by Adanedhel on September 2nd, 2007, 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 30th, 2007, 10:32 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

...He opened his eyes and watched the forest forehead. It would wait some more days. He took his bow and started to find something to eat. He was searching for at least an hour and he was hungrier than ever. Then, he saw a bird sitting in a branch. It didn’t take long. Tristan killed it at once and went back to his kind of camp to eat. After all these days meat was such a pleasure! When he finished, he lied under a shadow of a tree at the beginning of the forest to rest. He fell asleep. There she came in his dreams again… He was somewhere in the forest; he was lost. Then he found a big tree, a magnificent tree. There was light coming out from his fruits and small butterflies flying all around. Then, he saw a woman figure passing by behind the tree. She was tall, with long hair and a long dress. His eyes were stuck on her. He tried to speak but words wouldn’t come out. He stepped back behind the tree and followed her. But she heard him and turned around. Oh, her eyes… Tristan was standing there saying nothing; he was magnetized by her eyes. She was looking so needful and but so independent and powerful together. He tried to speak to her but then something sounded from far. He opened his eyes and heard something behind the trees. In seconds he realized all that was just a dream. “How long will she be haunting my sleep?...I can’t stand it anymore, I have to find her.” said Tristan. Behind the tree was his horse. Such a fool way to get up when you’re having a dream like that!
Night was coming when he woke up and now he had to continue his journey in the dark. A sweet breeze winded and moved his hair. It smelled so nice. It sounded like a song between the leaves. Like a song leading him somewhere. As he had planned no way in his mind, he decided to follow that wind. He took his horse and walked through the trees following his gat. He must had walked much when he started listening to music. A flute and an harp. Such a charming song he had never heard before. Tristan followed the sound of the song. Then, he heard a voice; a voice of a woman. She had such a lovely voice… like melody, like an angel’s voice.

But it was a fairy’s voice. As it was Jillian .All the small fairies and all the other creatures had gathered under the big oak at the end of the forest where there is an edge where Jillian was standing and looking at the stars many times. They all sung and laughed. It was such a beautiful night. The sky was clear and all the stars where shining. Jillian felt like the old days. When all the fairies gathered for the feasts and they were eating and drinking fruit juice and laughing and singing. She had a premonition tonight. There was something in the atmosphere, something good. Kafel played the flute better than ever. Jillian stood up and walked to the edge. Indeed, tonight it was the brightest sky. A breeze winded through her hair and it smelled so nice. The smell seemed familiar but yet she had never smell something like that. As you can imagine, it was the same breeze that led Tristan. Then Kafel and Elenia played her favorite song. A song about big fairies’ beauty and grace at their time. A time when everything was different.

“…I closed my eyes as I began to play
So I could clearly picture that day,
On Sabbath morning, many moons ago
When they all left to be seen no more.

She looked so pale and so forgone
The golden sheen was now all gone,
With tears of pearl She said to me,
«That was the saddest song that will ever be..»”

She wiped a tear from her eye and turned around with a bitter smile. Sounds came from the trees and everyone was trying to see what happened. Two of the goblins came with holding a man by his arms as he was shouting “Leave me alone! I didn’t do anything!!”
Then he raised his head and he looked at Jillian.
"He said his name is Tristan" said the one goblin.
Tristan and Jillian looked at each other for at least two minutes while everyone was staying still. For they both felt it. It was what they kept dreaming for days. Tristan was hugging her with his eyes and she was holding herself because she had to be serious as she was the leader. “Take him to the room” ordered Jillian.
“No! I didn’t do anything!” shouted Tristan.
Jillian looked at the sky as he was taken inside. “It can’t be real..” she said to herself. “It was a dream. He can’t be…”
“It’s late now. Everyone go to your home now. We have a new day tomorrow waiting for us!” said to everyone.

As everyone was leaving, she moved to her home where he was also kept. She was so nervous. At the meantime, Tristan couldn’t get her image out of his mind and was keeping asking himself why did they captured him.
Then she came in. She was so beautiful that he felt like it was a sin to look at her. Jillian sat beside him and cut his bonds. She tried not to look at him. He was exactly as She described him. His brown hair falling softly at his shoulders and his hands… he had the most beautiful hands she had ever seen. And when he looked at her eyes…her heart melted.
Tristan raised his eyes and looked at her. He was so in love with her that was barely holding himself. “Why did you do that?” he asked Jillian.
“I had to. I’m the leader. I must be responsible.” She paused. “…but I didn’t want to…” she said at looked at him. Tristan looked at her. “I’ve seen you before… I’ve seen your face again…”
“Oh, please tell me! Are you the one the Queen talked about because if you’re not I don’t know what I’ll do…”
“I don’t know what your “Queen” told you but there was a woman one night. A graceful woman, she must had something magic in her that told me… “
“It was the Queen.” interrupted Jillian.
“She was so beautiful.” said Tristan. Jillian lowered her head. “But she couldn’t be contrasted to the one in my dreams… I slept and woke with her face in my mind; all these days she’s been haunting me. And I wanted so much to find her.” paused. “It was your face…” said Tristan.
Jillian looked at him and they stand there looking at each other for a while.
“I’ve seen you in my dreams too…. One night that you were sad…”
“I remember…” said Tristan. “My heart was aching…I felt so empty inside…”.
“I didn’t want to cause you that pain…” apologized Jillian.
“Oh, no! Don’t say that!” he said and touched her face. “I could stand much more pain if I knew I would see you…!”
She smiled. “Oh… I didn’t see that in my dreams! Smile again…you’re even more beautiful when you smile!”
Jillian took his hands at looked at his eyes. “You have to promise me”
“What? Tell me and I’ll promise you right now!”
“You must promise me you won’t leave me or betray me… After all I feel for you, I won’t survive with more pain than the one I felt before I see you.”
“I promise you. I wouldn’t survive without you either” said Tristan and leaned towards her. He caressed her cheek and gave her a soft kiss in the lips. He stopped because he was afraid of her reaction. Jillian looked into his eyes and said “Please… come with me.” She took him by the hand and went to the edge where, as the hour was late, the stars where shining even more. “It’s wonderful…” said Tristan. "But I don't even know your name..."
"Jillian.." she said.
"Can youfeel my heart Jillian?... I think it's going to break..."
This time she leaned towards him and they kissed again. Tristan wrapped his arms around her and she caressed his hair as a silent melody came from a house. The small fairies flew around them as their dreams had come true.
There they slept and a tree. With the smell of the night flowers and the sound of the water running in a small river they slept till the morning dawn...

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2007, 11:29 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

...Birds where singing on the trees. Tristan woke up first and got up. After some minutes, Jillian woke up, turned around but Tristan wasn’t there. A bad feeling filled her heart. “Was it all another dream?...” she said to herself. She sat down on the grass and looked around her; another beautiful morning. The animals where running and eating. Small fairies were flying all around with the first rain drops on their hands to make the flowers bloom. One of them dropped her raindrop and she was so sad. “Don’t worry, Elvie!” said Jillian. “I’ll have someone else to help your flowers bloom.
“Is that possible?” said Elvie with her light voice.
“Of course sweetheart!” said Jillian and signed her to fly. “Marigold!” she called another fairy.
“Yes, my lady?” said the little fairy dressed in yellow.
“I know you have the biggest raindrops because you have the most flowers in your responsibility but I want you to save some so that you can use them to help Elvie’s flowers bloom”
“Elvie? Is she the new one?” said Marigold.
“Yes, she is young and I’d like from you to help her everywhere she needs help. Is that ok with you?” asked Jillian.
“Of course!” said the little fairy and flied away.
Jillian’s mind went back to Tristan. Was he gone? Or he was never here and it was all just another dream like the ones she used to have?
She stood up, straightened her dress and walked to her little home. When she was in front of the door she heard a sound of a horse. She turned to the trees where the sound came from and saw Tristan coming off his horse. Her heart was melting again. Tristan took something from his bag and turned to Jillian walking towards her. They both smiled at each other. When he reached her, Jillian could do nothing but hug him.
“I thought you left…or...or…that you were never here and it was all just another dream…” she said.
“I had the same thought when I woke up and saw you sleeping beside me. How can she be so beautiful? I said to myself. And all night I was afraid of waking up far from you, so I hold you tight next to me…” said Tristan and gave her a bunch of flowers. They were the most beautiful flowers you would ever see.
“Where did you get them?” said Jillian with a sudden surprise and fear in her eyes.
“Why? What’s wrong with them?” Tristan said trying to figure out what was going on.
“These flowers… I thought they had disappeared… Rave had taken them all. We fought hard to protect them. They are not simple flowers…”
“What are they?” he said anxiously.
“They have magical powers… they were one of Queen’s biggest mights and secrets. Of course she could still rule without them but they were like our kingdom’s symbol. Rave- “
“Who’s that Rave?” said Tristan almost angrily.
“He’s a cruel man. He had destroyed many trees and killed many animals of ours. He wanted the Melerins- the flowers- because he thought they would give him the power to defeat the Queen and all of us.
In case the Melerins were taken or destroyed the Queen had saved some which she kept in a locket which a fairy child wore in her neck.” A tear appeared in Jillian’s eye.
“What happened?” Tristan said.
“He killed her… The Queen was devastated. I was so angry with him. «I’ll kill him.. » I said. «No! » said the Queen. «I don’t want you to be hurt! » but I had already walked outside the room. Maybe she knew she couldn’t stop me because she didn’t send anyone. So, I went to him…” Jillian went on.
“I knew where he lived. I gave him an opportunity but he wouldn’t give the Melerins back as I thought. Then I told him about the little girl he killed. Told him coward to make him fight me. How could he kill a little girl?
At last he came out.”
“And then?” asked Tristan filled with curiosity and anger for Rave.
“We fought. It seemed like hours had past but none had won. And I was starting to lose strength. He was tired too. In the end we were both hurt. I had my left leg cut and he had his stomach, much more serious injury but I’m sure he survived.”
“And you won him? I see you’re here so he mustn’t have won you right?”
“No one won. We were both so tired that neither could go on. He looked at me and said «One day we’ll finish this! Don’t you think you’re done with me sweetheart!». I was angrier that I could ever be in my life. How could he dare to laugh at me? «We’re surely not over, you coward! MURDERER! » I screamed at him as he left.” stopped Jillian.
Tristan hugged her. “I wouldn’t think you are so strong…!” they laughed.
“Hey, don’t forget they Queen wanted me to be left behind so she trusted me. Don’t mess with me!” And they laughed again.
Then Tristan kissed her. It was a long kiss, something they both needed.
“So where is he now?” Tristan asked still holding her.
“We don’t know exactly. I’m almost sure he had survived and that he was trying to gain strength from the Melerins. I don’t think they could give him too much power. At least not enough to be undefeatable. But you didn’t tell me… Where did you find the flowers?”
“They were somewhere deep in the forest. There were many of them. I can’t imagine how come none of you didn’t find them..” answered Tristan.
“Of those who are left a few only know and they are a bit old to wander in the forest.”
“There was also something else there… There was light around them… like protecting them for those who are only allowed to take them…”
“I don’t know what that might mean… Can you show me the place?” asked Jillian.
“Of course but maybe later…my horse is a bit tired in the moment.
“Yes, yes, of course... Come in then!” she said and opened the door.

Profile       WWW