Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: At Green Dragon
PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 11:39 am 
Istari
Istari

My Sam Gamgee fanfiction. I am very beginner in the matter of fics so exuse bad quality ^^

Gaffer warned. But I, despite all the discomfort associated with it, once again joined the "Green Dragon" companion. Tado Sandyman looked at me askance. It was not a good look. Oh. Oh no. If he could, he would pierce me through, like anything. Not paying attention to him, I sat at a table, where a cheerful company was entertaining over a beer. Tado Sandyman always been unpleasant, especially when he talked about Mr. Frodo. That he is kind of a weirdo that got into Bilbo and is just as crazy as he is. But Mr. Frodo was the most normal hobbit in the Shire. And tales of Mr. Bilbo were great! They were swarmed by the elves, yes! By the elves! And with dragon, maybe only one, bull still. And by the dwarven feasts. Oh yes, the stories of Mr. Bilbo were one of the nicest things I have ever heard. Thus I was sitting by the fireplace, eating iced cakes, which Mr. Bilbo never stint, and I was listening and imagining that I was there. That I was meeting elves, these wonderful, ethereal elves. Oh, Mr. Bilbo did not even know what feel woke in me, oh no. Now, I would gave a lot to be in Rivendell, and see Elrond himself. Perhaps he would charm me with tales of ancient Númenor...

The loud grunt woke me from these thoughts. Tado Sandyman with two beers in hand, pushed his way through the pawned with Hobbits lane between the tables and sat down at a table next to me. I looked at him carefully. But he started his tirade very fast.

"I heard that Bilbo disappeared on his 111 birthday" said with the voice, which leaves much to be desired and smiled mockingly. "What I've heard! I saw with my own eyes! Bilbo disappeared into thin air and no longer appeared."

Apparently he was waitinng for my asnwer, but I was silent. In part because I did not feel like right now to talk to him, and partly because I did not know where it goes. It took a few minutes, and when he still did not has his answer, he cleared his throat and pulled a beer from the mug.

"Maybe you know something, Gamgee, huh? You are on good terms with this Baggins family, right?"

"They trust me greatly, Mr. Sandyman. In contrast to you."

"A.. Haha. Of course. In the end you're serving to Frodo. Then you will know what happened that night, hmm?"

"I do not know and I will not inquire. Many thought on this issue and I do not intend to harm my brains more than I need. My head to more right things should be. And please do not molest me, Mr. Sandyman."

"But you must know something!" a voice from the other table. Our conversation has attracted several local hobbits. In the Shire there were many curious Hobbits, and they also didn't ask to wait for them any longer. "Did Frodo said something?"

I assumed a hurt expression.

"Mr. Frodo does not know, what happened with Mr. Bilbo. Besides, gentlemen should know that even if I knew I would not say. It's a family secret, so to speak. Frodo probably deserves for his own little secret, even if he knows something."

"The secret is a secret, but for us, the old Bilbo properly upset with his disappearance! Such impudence! And on his own birthday!"

"Not for you delicious sausage" I cut off, and then ostentatiously drank a pint of beer.

"Maybe I'm just a gardener, but trustworthy. I do not disentagle tongue for any occasion."

Having said that I departed from the table and brisk step, I moved toward the exit. Behind me there was a murmur, and Sandyman growled something under his nose.

Oh, yes. The disappearance of Mr. Bilbo was the most frequently debated matter of the past weeks. Families adjacent to Bag End were asked of it many times and on my misery – also Gaffer. Father has long retired from work in Bag End, but everyone molested him everywhere, that he hides some secrets which Bilbo shared with him before his famous disappearence. All the accused or estate Gandalf, who disappeared as quickly as he appeared. It was even said that the kidnapped Bilbo! What nonsense. Say what you like, but to suspect Gandalf? After all, he steered Bilbo on the right path, if I remember correctly. And that Gandalf has disappeared so quickly ... it's a magic thing. Probably had his own issues on the head, which Sam Gamgee won't understand.

And precisely in this atmosphere days and weeks went by. They talked a lot about Bilbo, then less and less, until finally all gossips were gone completely. Even if they still looked up suspiciously at Frodo, they not talked about it so fiercely as in the first few weeks. Shire slowly began to cover with languor. I then Gandalf returned. Yes, yes exactly. Gandalf returned, and I alone faced all the misery ... or perhaps luck.