Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The day Thor attacked Antarctica and Beowulf was a coward :P
PostPosted: November 10th, 2012, 10:06 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

This is a silly/funny fairy tale I wrote a few years ago for me little sis.
You'll 'get it' more if you know a bit about European mythologies. :P
Hope it makes you laugh.... :teehee:

Once upon a time, in a land called Antarctica, there lived a princess named Grendel.
But she wasn't a typical princess. She and her parents, Beowulf and Helen(quite the ugly lady), and Lancelot, her brother, lived in a dungeon, the remains of an ancient castle that was destroyed long ago.
Grendel, tomboy that she was, never wore dresses. Instead she preferred Lancelot's old clothes he outgrew.
Though she was a princess, she wasn't much better off than the other people of the land, because Antarctica was a very poor country. (The king's fault of course, according to most of the people.) She loved snakes, bugs, frogs, and ponies. She knew it was wrong, but she hated Lancelot. He was wimpy, fat, always trying to make himself look handsome, spending hours at a time in front of the mirror, (failing miserably every time) and an arrogant brat, strutting about like a rooster. And, worst of all, he was a thief. What little the people of Antarctica had, Lancelot sneakily stole from them, without the king and queen ever knowing.
Grendel tried to tell them, but Lancelot always manipulated their parents into believing she was lying. Lancelot was the older, more trustworthy child, or so they thought.

One day, Grendel played a prank on Lancelot, after the two had a big fight.
Lancelot was taking a bath in the nasty dungeon bath tub, his 6th bath that day.
Grendel found a small frog, and snuck into the cell where Lancelot was bathing. She didn't see anything, the water was so dirty, but she definitely heard something. Lancelot was singing. Very badly, at the top of his lungs. He sounded like a sick donkey.
Grendel tiptoed to the tub, and the dropped the frog into the dirty water.
She quietly ran back to the door, and waited.
Soon, Lancelot saw the frog, and screamed like a little girl, while the frog hopped around, frantically tried to escape.
As Lancelot started to get out of the tub, Grendel burst out laughing.
Beowulf and Helen thundered down the hall.
"What happened?" Helen yelled.
By now, Lancelot was out of the tub, wrapping a towel around himself and screaming hysterically. As the king and queen came in, Lancelot pointed at the frog.
Beowulf fainted at the sight. He was terrified of frogs more than anything else.
Helen gasped. She rushed over, picking him up, and carried him to their cell. (What she lacked in beauty, she made up for in strength.)
Lancelot's eyes burned with rage as he realized it was Grendel who put the disgusting creature in the tub. Grendel saw, and knew he wanted to kill her. So she ran for her life.

She fled far away from the dungeon, not stopping for a long time. Finally, she dropped to the ground in exhaustion. In the middle of a grumpy farmer's cabbage field!
The farmer, armed with a pitchfork, soon came charging after her. "Get out of my field, ye worthless youngin!" He yelled, waving the pitchfork as Grendel forced her legs to move, ingoring the pain in her side. She ran through a strip of trees, then collapsed by a river, falling asleep.

When Grendel awoke the next morning, she saw she had not stopped by a river, but the ocean. She had run all the way to the coast of Antarctica!
"Oh no," she moaned in despair. She was very far away from home, and had no clue how to get back. She stayed by the shore a while, thinking. Why go home? Her father was a coward, and an idiot, too. Her mother at least was nice, despite her ugliness. But Lancelot, he was dreadful! Grendel couldn't believe she was related to him.

So she decided to leave Antarctica. After all, she was already by the ocean, and Norway wasn't that far away. She'd rather deal with the hot Norwegian desert than go back to live with her stupid brother.
Grendel found a fisherman, about to set sail, and offered him what little money she had for a ride to Norway. He was kind, and took her for free.
"Aren't you the princess?" He asked, looking at her closely.
"I am. But I'm leaving. I hate my family. They don't like me, especially my brother." She replied sadly.
"You'll regret it later. You love them, even if you don't realize it yet."
"No, I don't." She said stubbornly. Soon, they reached the shore. Grendel thanked the man, and made him take a little pay. He would only accept a few coins.

She left, and headed into the nearest village, looking for a place to stay. Not watching where she was going, she ran right into a tall woman.
"Sorry," she said, embarrassed.
The woman smiled. "It's alright, child. Why are you here all by yourself?"
Grendel told her, and found out the lady's name was Morgan le Fay.
Morgan offered to let her stay at her house for a few days, if Grendel would take care of the animals while she was there. She agreed, and they left to Morgan's home.

Instead of a few days, Grendel was there for several years. Morgan came to love Grendel as her own daughter, and Grendel almost forgot her old family even existed.
Until one day, she heard a couple of boys talking about a war, between Antarctica and Africa(a small tropical island).
She rushed home, and asked Morgan to tell her what was going on in Antarctica.

Africa, under the command of Thor, their president, had invaded Antarctica, and Beowulf was such a coward he wouldn't fight. The queen fought without him, and took command of the small army. They fought valiantly, but it was useless.
Soon Lancelot was captured, and Helen died fighting. So Thor took over Antarctica. Soon, it was destroyed.
He made the people, including Beowulf, his slaves. (Which of course, made the king furious, and Lancelot even angrier, but they were both too scared to do anything about it.) Those who resisted, he killed.
He cut down the forests, and built factories and huge cities. Soon Antarctica was not much more than a barren wasteland.

Grendel was horrified. "I must go back!" She said, realizing she loved Beowulf, and even Lancelot, very much, and she couldn't let them die at Thor's hand.
"But you've lived here for so long! Let Antarctica fight its own war."
"I can't."
"Why on earth not? And what good can one girl do anyways?"
"I'm Beowulf's daughter." She sighed. "And I have to do something."
Morgan looked surprised. "You? The daughter of that cowa- er, I mean, the daughter of the king?"
Grendel nodded. "Farewell, Morgan." Morgan embraced her.
"Come back and visit sometime, if you can."
"I'll try." Grendel said with a smile.

Grendel ran to the beach, bought a small boat, and set out back to Antarctica. After barely making it through a storm, she arrived at the shore.
She snuck into the dungeon, and found her brother, letting him out. Then they started setting all the prisoners free.
But the guards came. Everyone prepared to fight, even Beowulf.
Once the few guards were locked in a cell, they let the rest of the people out.
They were not trained soldiers, but they were determined to get their country back.
Thor, now fat and lazy, sitting in his mansion eating all day, was easily defeated when Grendel and a few others snuck into the house.
Thor's army was big, but without their leader, they were nothing but chickens. They soon surrendered and were sent back to Africa.
Lancelot helped the people out, and was generous with his money, and stopped stealing their goods, and soon Antarctica was much better off.
Beowulf finally figured out he was a very good swordsman, and in all wars afterward, he fought in the front lines.
That, of course, made Grendel like them a lot more.

They didn’t live happily ever after. They had problems like everyone else. And people still blamed everything bad on the king. So Antarctica was saved. Sort of.

The End

Post subject: Re: The day Thor attacked Antarctica and Beowulf was a cowar
PostPosted: November 10th, 2012, 10:41 pm 
Istari
Istari

Haha, this is great! I love the blending of the mythical characters. Grendel living with Morgan le Fay... :lol: Thanks for sharing! :)

married Mr. Darcy 6/14/2012

Post subject: Re: The day Thor attacked Antarctica and Beowulf was a cowar
PostPosted: November 10th, 2012, 11:33 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

haha thanks! :D
Did you notice I made their personalities the opposite of what they are supposed to be? :P