Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Merlin fanfic. SPOILERS FOR SEASON 5!
PostPosted: December 29th, 2012, 1:19 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

SPOILERS FOR S5 OF MERLIN BELOW HERE!!!!

I was really disappointed in the death scenes in the Merlin finale. Especially Mordred's. Morgana's was really lame as well. -.- At least Arthur's was good. Of course, the whole ep was basically his big long death scene. :P
Anywho. I tried to re-write Mordred's death scene... make it more interesting... but still go along with the rest of the episode... stuff like that. (as a short story though, not a script)

So. Here it is, my first attempt that isn't 100% terrible at writing fanfic! :D
:teehee:

The Death of Mordred

The evening sunlight bounced off Mordred’s blade as he thrust it at another knight of Camelot.
Traitor!” the knight spat as he dodged Mordred’s blow. “The king... he trusted you,”
“As I did him.” Their swords clashed, each struggling for the victory. “There lies my mistake.” His sword sliced through the knight’s neck, and he crashed to the ground, his blood as red as the cloak he wore. Foolish man.

Mordred made his way through the battlefield, but he refrained from slaughtering more knights. His fiery gaze lay on the king alone. Your blood will stain the ground this day, Arthur Pendragon.
A short distance away, Arthur stood by a grey cliff, fighting off the Saxons. He felled the two nearest, then let his sword fall as he paused for breath.
He’s tiring, thought Mordred. Now is the time.
He walked up behind Arthur, his sword dripping with blood, as the king studied the soldiers ahead, waiting to see their next move.

“Hello, my old friend.” Mordred said.
Arthur spun around, surprised. “Mordred?” he paused, seeing his expression of hatred. “I don’t want to kill you.”
Mordred glared at him. “Only a short while ago, I would have said the same.” he paused. “I thought you were my friend.”
“As did I, before you betrayed me.” the king replied, his voice bitter.
Mordred’s eyes flashed with rage. “I only wanted to save the one I loved!” He charged at Arthur. “But you killed her!”
Their swords rang as Arthur’s blade met Mordred’s.
“She deserved her punishment! That girl murdered innocent people, and would have killed me as well had I let her live.” he swung his sword at Mordred, forcing him back.
“Perhaps she would have been right to do so.” Mordred said. “I always thought the druids were wrong about you. That you were not like your father. That you were a good king.” he paused. “But they were right after all.” He thrust his sword at Arthur’s chest. Arthur swung his sword up, knocking Mordred’s blade from his hand. It crashed to the ground as Arthur’s sword sped down toward his opponent’s head.
Mordred dropped to the ground and rolled as the blade pierced the ground beside him.
He reached for his own sword as Arthur lifted his to strike again. I have to avenge Kara. Arthur must die. I have to kill him, for Kara. His hand grasped the hilt, and he plunged the blade into the king’s side. Arthur cried out in pain, and fell to the ground.
Mordred’s eyes filled with tears. “I had to... had to avenge her death.” He stared at the dead body of the king lying on the ground. “I never meant for this-”

The king leapt to his feet, and with a shout swung his sword around. It found its target in Mordred’s gut.
Mordred fell to his knees, gasping for breath.
The fading sunlight was reflected on the tears in Arthur’s eyes as he pulled the sword out. He moved his hand to his side, trying to stop the bleeding.
Mordred’s lips curved in a slight smile. “Not even the great Emrys can save you now,” he said, gazing at the old man in the distance, felling dozens of Morgana’s men with a mere spell. “Farewell, Arthur.” He whispered before he collapsed.
Arthur gasped at the sharp pain in his side. His vision blurred. “What happened to you, Mordred?” he asked, his voice quiet. Then everything went black, and the last thing he heard was Merlin’s voice calling his name.

Last edited by Feanor on December 29th, 2012, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Mordred's death... in a slightly more dramatic fashion.
PostPosted: December 29th, 2012, 2:53 pm 

Hey Feanor!

Thanks for putting up the spoiler warning! But I would also recommend changing the title of the thread, as it is still quite spoilerish. ;)

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject: Re: Mordred's death... in a slightly more dramatic fashion.
PostPosted: December 29th, 2012, 3:28 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Well.... I figured it didn't matter, since everyone knows Mordred dies... it's totally obvious they're gonna kill him off and of course he dies in the original legend... but I guess, I'll change the title. :P

Post subject: Re: Merlin fanfic. SPOILERS FOR SEASON 5!
PostPosted: December 30th, 2012, 10:03 am 

Well I didn't know, I still need to watch half of season 5. ;)
Now, I don't mind the spoilers, but there might be other members who do.

But thanks for changing it! :)

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.