Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drabbles by Bellatrix
PostPosted: April 5th, 2013, 6:30 pm 
Vala
Vala

Hi, I thought I'd post some of my random drabbles here. I'll post the rating for them in the individual posts, but I promise they'll never go above T. I've made banners for quite a few of them and will feature them too, if that's allowed. If not, let me know and I'll remove! Oh and the subjects of these drabbles will range from original to fan fiction, sad to happy, etc.

A collective disclaimer comes heeere: Any fan fiction posted features characters/settings I don't own. I make no profit from these.

Starting the thread out with a Narnia drabble, rated eeeeveryone.

To stand there again, feel the wind in my hair, feel the courage in my heart. To stand alongside friends, to know that not all would survive but those who do will be free. To know that I am not alone and I never will be as long as I stand strong and tall. To see those I love stand at my sides, holding their breaths and wishing with their souls that all shall end well. To realize that another day will not rise until the battle is won and the evil defeated.

This is why I am here; this is why we are here. This is why we have come, for this very moment. Standing at the very edge, knowing what comes next will be the hardest task we have ever had to face.

I will not turn back, and neither will my friends. There is no way back, there are no regrets, together we will stand, until the war is over. Some will fall and some will perish. Not all will rejoice when the tears of loss have been shed. Those who do will do so with their friends in mind, and forever the memory of those who did not make it all the way to the end be remembered.

Songs will be sung and poems will be written.

So here I stand, at the end of all things, at the brim of the very universe. Where life can be won or death be met. Together with friends, kindred’s, family, and those I love and cannot live without. I am afraid, and yet I know there is nothing to fear. If my life need be spilled for this cause, then that is a small price to pay.

To my left stands my sister, her face shining with courage and not a doubt in her eyes. To my right stands my brother, who is much braver than he would ever be able to realize himself. My last sibling stands just as tall to the left of my sister, not this heart a weak one either.

Four siblings, cast into a world of danger, of war, of fables, of kings and of queens. And we do not hesitate, we do not falter, we do not surrender. We stand tall, until the end of days.

I raise my sword, my hand steady as the beat of my heart and the breath in my lungs.

“For Narnia.”

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

Last edited by Bellatrix on April 19th, 2013, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Drabbles by Guybrush Threepwood.
PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 8:15 pm 
Elf
Elf

This was soooo good!

Post subject: Re: Drabbles by Guybrush Threepwood.
PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 8:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Oh, man. That was amazing.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Drabbles by Bellatrix
PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 9:03 pm 
Vala
Vala

Thanks guys! Let's make this all a bit more depressing, shall we? xD
Here's a Harry Potter drabble for you guys!

Anger. That’s what he felt more than anything else. An intense feeling of rage starting in his stomach and working its way all the way up through his chest, begging to come out of his mouth. In the shape of a scream and swearing of course. Of course he couldn’t, he had to keep it in. Eyes from across the table met his, telling him, begging him to stay quiet and say nothing. Biting his tongue he did his best.

It wasn’t fair. It never was. He hated the way everyone knew that it wasn’t and yet no one dared to speak up. He hated it. Hated it.

“It’s okay,” was mumbled from his left but he shook his head. That wasn’t true. It wasn’t. Nothing would ever be okay again.

His heart was aching, his face flushing and his mind racing. Nothing would ever be the same again.

“We’re here for you.”

Over and over it was repeated. He hated that too.

“We understand that it must be difficult.”

No they didn’t. It wasn’t difficult. It wasn’t hard. It was impossible. He’d never had a family. Never. He’d had no one. He’d spent his entire childhood wishing and yearning for a family. For someone to tuck him in at night and for someone to tell him stories. Of course now he was too old for that, but his ache for a family hadn’t diminished.

He wanted the people around him to quiet down, he wanted to leave. He’d been too hollow to weep earlier, but the tension that had crushed his ribcage and caused the ringing in his ears seemed to lessen. Now he wanted to allow himself to be human, to grieve, to cry.

Finally it was enough; the words around him had been spoken too many times, the emptiness of them bothering him to the point of insanity. His palm made contact with the hard wood of the table in front of him. Everyone fell silent, all eyes on him. He rose angrily, his nostrils flaring and his hands trembling.

“Enough!” An awkward silence spread around the room. He ignored it. “He’s dead! He’s gone! He’s never coming back! I don’t care about your stupid memories or your words of consoling! I don’t want to hear it!”

His ginger haired friend rose to his feet also, his mouth falling open.

“No Ron, I don’t want to hear it. You guys don’t know how this feels. My last chance of having a family is gone!” His voice broke, tears stinging his eyes. No one else tried to say anything.

Turning around, lungs fighting for air, hands sweaty and legs weak; he didn’t want to be there anymore. Dashing, running, hurrying, he aimed for the stairs and climbed them, two steps at a time. When he was in his room he slammed the door shut, making sure everyone heard the noise and knew not to bother him. The mirror hanging on the wall across from the door showed him his reflection. The scar on his forehead stood out as always, but this time he resented it. He didn’t want to be The Boy Who Lived.

His knees gave out at the same time as the first tear rolled down his cheek. Leaning towards the door behind him he sobbed, one of his hands coming up to wipe away the stream of fresh tears.

“Who do I have now?” he asked the empty room in a whisper.

He had no one. The Boy Who Lived, the legendary Harry Potter, he was all alone. No family to call his own. Not anymore. Not when Sirius was gone too.

“Who do I have now?”

No one.

He had no one.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

Post subject: Re: Drabbles by Bellatrix
PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 9:42 pm 
Elf
Elf

That was great, I like depressing stuff :-D