Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "A brief slumber in the face of an undying bond"
PostPosted: November 8th, 2015, 2:43 pm 
Ent
Ent

"A brief slumber in the face of an undying bond"

(This is set after Sauron's defeat in Return of the King)

Sam’s gaze wandered over to the bed next to him, and his eyes gazed upon the pale faced hobbit lying on it, and he sighed putting his head in his hands, his shoulders drooping in weariness. It had been a long time coming for Frodo to awaken; since the eagles had brought them away from Mt. Doom, and to the safe haven of Minis Tirith for healing and peace from their troubles and their rough journey. Sam slowly rose from his chair brushing off some crumbs from his white tunic, and began to slowly pace the wooden floors of the bedroom, occasionally passing a glance over to the bed and sighs not seeing really any signs that Frodo would awaken soon, Sam then averted his gaze and goes back to his pacing. After pacing for about an hour, Sam sits back down beside Frodo’s bedside, holding his uninjured hand and places a kiss on it whispering, “You have to wake up soon Mr. Frodo, Sauron is gone and everything is okay, please…wake up…I miss you so very much.” Sam’s voice choked back tears as he spoke the last words, laying his head down on bed’s cream colored sheets thinking to himself about their adventures together and the destruction of the ring of power, and finally a little while later Sam stands up again walking over to the nearby window staring out seeing the beautiful blue sky and feeling his heart race in his chest he begins to clears his throat and starts to converse with himself even though he knows that Frodo cannot hear him; “I will not leave you Mister Frodo…I have been with you from the beginning of this journey, and I will not leave you now…” Sam’s gaze goes back to the bed and looks at Frodo’s pale face against the pillow, and his eyes moves down towards Frodo’s injured hand and a shudder runs through his body, a lump forming deep in his throat. “I would have loved to get my hands on that good for nothing Gollum after what he did to your hand Mister Frodo, but Gandalf was right, we all had a part to play, even that slimy thief. I made a promise to you, and I know that I couldn’t carry the ring for you, but I expressed that I will carry you, just open your eyes.” As Sam’s voice dies away he directs his attention towards the bed his hobbit ears picking up a soft moan emanating from the bed, Sam’s heart skipping a beat, he spins towards the bed and a smile materializes across his face as he sees Frodo starting to awaken, and calls out loud for Gandalf, gripping Frodo’s uninjured hand, stroking it with his fingers, as he notices Frodo’s eyes fluttering open and at last Sam realizes that the quest is accomplished, and Frodo is better…everything has been fulfilled.

Daughter of Erin Lunaire.

Post subject: Re: "A brief slumber in the face of an undying bond"
PostPosted: November 8th, 2015, 2:54 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Neat little episode. :) I have always wondered about moments like these in the movies that it never really showed. I always wondered how long it took them to recover and such, it is neat to take those unexplained moments and add some fanfic to it. :D

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 8th, 2015, 3:47 pm 
Ent
Ent

Thank you. I've felt the same way. That's why I wrote this. I don't write that much fanfiction, but this is one of my favorites.

Daughter of Erin Lunaire.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2015, 8:57 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Cool. :)

I had once thought it would be neat to go through all the movies (though my initial idea was for star wars) and write fan fiction for all the missig pieces!

I enjoyed reading this and it was neat to remember that long ago dream I had of filling in all those gaps.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 9th, 2015, 5:06 pm 
Istari
Istari

I really enjoyed it!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 9th, 2015, 5:33 pm 
Ent
Ent