Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Life On Isla Nublar
PostPosted: June 7th, 2017, 6:08 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I finally started my crossover story, but I did it a little differently than planned. Instead of making it part of a series, I decided to write it from Marida's point of view (after all, she's the newcomer). I only have it on Ao3 so far, so here's the link:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/111153 ... s/24807948

I probably won't put it on FanFiction.net (since I also have an account there, but with a different username) until Sunday or Monday when I'm at my parents' place, since then I can use the latest drawing I made of Marida as the cover photo (the original drawing was too wide to use for the original story that has been deleted from both sites). :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: My Life On Isla Nublar
PostPosted: June 8th, 2017, 1:01 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Well done! :) I enjoyed your introduction very much. Keep me updates as you come out with new parts I would enjoy following this story.

I also very much appreciated the length. To be honest when people post too much at once I simply don't always have time to finish and so generaly loose interest. Likewise if they post too little it's just not enough content to get me interested and make me want to come back.

You certainly had enough to get me interested and not too much. Just enough that I was left interested and wanting a bit more. Which I think is the perfect feeling to leave a reader with.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 8th, 2017, 5:47 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I should have the rest of Chapter 2 (which won't end until after Marida's rescued after she goes through the portal) in by Monday, since I'll be at my parents' place and have more time on the computer (public computers only give you a limited amount of time). I'll also be uploading the newest drawing of Marida to my deviantART which will include a link to the story (like I did with the original drawing, though I should see if I can take the link out, since it will get you a message that says "story not found" or something along those lines when the story has been deleted).

I don't think I'll bother putting it on FanFiction.net, since I hardly use that account (the good thing about Ao3 is that you can filter the stories, so I never have to look at a Slash story ever again, or at least not as many; FanFiction.net doesn't have a very good filtering system, so it's harder to find the kind of stories you want to read).

Feel free to leave a comment and kudos, since you don't have to have an account to do this (you may have to give out your email, but they don't publish it). :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 9th, 2017, 11:12 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Sounds cool. :) *thumbs up*

I'll check in sometime next week.

PostPosted: June 12th, 2017, 7:10 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Got a little more in there. Chapter 2 is going to be a little longer than expected (there's a lot happening in this chapter, and I have to describe everything Marida is seeing and hearing), but I'll probably end it after Marida passes through the portal (which will be pretty soon). It's best to save the actual rescue for Chapter 3, since she'll be in the same place, rather than two different places at once (that might only confuse people). I also uploaded the latest drawing of Marida to my deviantART (I was able to edit the original one and take the link out, since it will get you nowhere). To view my deviantART, simply highlight the URL and your computer should give you the option to go to it. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 14th, 2017, 12:34 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Read the next chapter but I am not finding the link to the deviant art.

Well done on the writing, though. :)

PostPosted: June 14th, 2017, 5:31 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

It's not an actual link (you can find one on this site in the favorite non-LotR sites section), just a URL in the notes before the second chapter. If you highlight it and click on it, your computer should give you the option to go to it. Click on that and it should take you to the site. I'll be finishing the chapter and starting on the next one shortly. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 14th, 2017, 6:19 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

I gotcha! Found it. :)

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 6:46 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Finally finished Chapter 2 (meaning Marida's finally out of Middle-earth and as far from Thorin as she can possibly get, unless of course, she would leave the known universe, but that would be too much of an adjustment for her, leaving one world for another is enough) and started on Chapter 3 (might have to watch Jurassic World again so that I get Owen's dialogue right). Since you can only leave Kudos once, feel free to leave a comment if you wish (or you can leave one in this thread, it's up to you), just make sure you re-read Chapter 2 first or else you might get confused.

I decided to put it on FanFiction.net after all, so here's the link:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12539472/1 ... sla-Nublar

Like with Ao3, you don't have to have an account to leave a comment, but I won't be changing the cover picture until my parents' get back from holidays (which is why I don't have a link to my deviantART on any of the chapters). :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 6:35 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Cool cool. :D I will check it out.