Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 17th, 2024, 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Your writings...
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 7:37 am 

I thought it would be nice to have a place where people can post stories and other things they've written and get feedback... and we're we can talk about ideas for plots, stories you're writing, characters and etc.

Anyone who knows me will have realised that I love to go on and on about my stories.... ;) so I thought perhaps other people might like to as well! (their stories... not mine, I mean!)

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 8:37 am 
Ent
Ent

For a part of our English Coursework, we had to write about "The world through the eyes of something".

Most people in my class chose something like "The World through the eyes of a dog", or "The World through the eyes of a baby".

I chose:

The world through the eyes of an eye.

The eye is a strange, magical thing. It controls sight and, sometimes on occasion, you look at something, and sight turns to pain.
I am an eye. I am all seeing and all knowing. I see everything that goes on in this world. The good and the evil, the misdoing and lies of other things, and most of all, the earth the way that God intended it to be.
My being, is just one spherical ball with an iris, and a pupil, which enables me to see the world. Without me, the human I am attached to would not be able to see a thing. Sight, what a wonderful thing. Even the most disgusting, bad things known to humanity are beautiful to the eye.
The world to me looks just great. Because God, when he created the earth did a very beautiful job. When I look around, I see flowers and trees and animals, but nothing compares to the lifeform, that makes humans. People are brilliant things. People keep the world balanced. If the world wasn’t inhabited by humans, then the word would all be unbalanced and nobody would get a say in anything, because nobody would be around to say anything. The plants and trees, and living life forms would all become crowded, making the world an unhappy place.
Because I have been looking around for a long time and have seen amazing things, I know what to think. But to people who don’t look around at thing and just stream ahead on life are missing an awful lot of things. Humans who have the power of speech often misuse that credibility. They say things that shouldn’t be voiced aloud. Opinions, facts. If my human had the gift of speech, she would know how to use it properly, but still know how to size things up in a situation. I see the world, as fake. Some people in it are pretenders, liars. This is what you perceive when you are very watchful.
When people aren’t watchful, they miss the most important things in life. Like morning dew, or sunbathing in the sun or seeing a sunrise, or a new born baby. They rush on ahead in life, being greedy, only wanting for themselves and not caring for others.
This is what I do. Spend day in, day out watching silently. Sometimes I try to help, like offer a person advice on how they should try to slow down, but as they’re only thinking of themselves they don’t listen. This is how I grasp the world. I appreciate it. Because I have spent so much time in my human watching and listening, I know what people want and don’t want. Some people think the world is there to live life and live for themselves. I see the world as a place of beauty that has a purpose that we will find out when we die.
Bigger things are going on in the world around us, if only people would take the time out to step back and look. War, poverty and natural disasters a just a few of sad and bad things that go on in the world. The way I see the world, if humans put their minds to it, everything that’s bad and evil can be washed away, leaving only the world the way God intended it to be.
I see war. I see people dying, getting killed. It makes me sad. But one person on there own cannot do a thing to stop that. Sometimes, just sometimes, sometimes one lone person can make a difference, but that is because they have been given a job by God that they must fulfil.
Another way that I see the world is that everyone has a job. Some sort of promise that they have to accomplish that will benefit the world in some way.
The world is full of colours. Conscious beings can see that. It makes everything brighter. I’m sure my human would appreciate colours more if she could speak.
I think the senses are very important in the world. I see the world as being one conscious entity. And people living and growing around it.
The world is what was made my God. God made the world. It is a beautiful thing. People should not mistreat it.
Being able to smell things is beautiful too. My human went to the sea once. When she woke up, the smell of salt and gorse bushes over powered her and made her happy. That is how she sees the world.

In the world, the minor things are just as important as the major things. Minor things could be, just getting ready to go on a date, or just stacking the plates in the right places after finishing washing up. They both seem pretty minor, but if you think they are both pretty important in themselves. If you didn’t go on that date, then someone else’s life might be crushed, or if you didn’t stack the plates correctly, then the whole cupboard might collapse.
I see the world s a place of having to make choices. Even the little choices are important.
As I am the eye. The all seeing, all knowing eye, I watch these things happen before me, and try to puzzle them out.
On the subject of fake people, all it takes to be fake is to spread lies, rumours, and not be faithful to all those who are your friends, then you are fake. Even if it means hugging people and pulling faces behind their back, you would be fake. I see the world as being not so fake. Or not so fake as before, when people learn to watch and listen to things going on around them.

Finally, I see the world as a place of trust. Not to trust could be a disastrous thing, but to trust too much could also lead to bad consequences. I think that when humans on the earth die, they will find out their purpose in life, and join the world as the life stream. A stream of worthy and good bodies, that glow green with desire.
As an eye, an all seeing eye, that is what I imagine and think will happen.
That will happen, in the end………

^ Thankyou so much everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 4:38 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

very cool, Alessae! i really liked how you gave the eye a 'personality'. it was cool and interesting to hear the thoughts of an eye...something i've never really thought about. ;)

ok, so here's mine, which i wrote towards the beginning of the school year. for my creative writing class, we studied expository writing, and had to use this to write an essay (i guess you could call it) on an invention that is harmful or usefull. i chose Braces, as it's titled:

“The day I wear braces is the day pigs fly!â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 5:10 pm 
Elf
Elf

Gwenneth, I can really relate to your thoughts! Braces :disgust:

Alessae, your story is really creative! An eye with a personality......cool! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 7:51 pm 

I need some help........I love writing historical fiction, but I've run out of ideas on what to write about. If there is any period in history that you think would make a good story please tell me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 12:37 am 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

hmmm...my favorites are the Middle Ages, the Classical Age of Greece (or i guess any time in Greece), the Renesiance (i know i spelled that wrong :disgust:) and...hm i guess that's it. those are pretty popular times i think, so you've probably already used them. :confuzzled: hopefully i was some help to you. :happy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 3:02 am 

I know a lot about Australian history... I doubt that's much help for you, and I know about the customs of the Victorian era.

AND I know about the French revolution! I have been learning something in history... one would hope. (exam in five months... nope, I am NOT counting.)

I'm writing something that is sort of a "fantasy" set in an Australia that doesn't exist... :blink:

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 12:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

Hehehehe, Gwenneth, I can also sympathize with you! I still have some of my baby teeth and I'm 15, but I have braces!

The dentist said that I would have to have them on for 2 and a half years, but I went today after 2 months, and he said my teeth are good now, so I can take them off after another year!

Also, the first time he put them on, he forgot the cut the wire, and it dug holes in the inside of my mouth for a month - PAIN!

^ Thankyou so much everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 2:59 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

ouch! :blink: it not only hurts, but leaves you with this raw feeling in your mouth.
but i found a remedy for it...salt. :-D even though it is painful, it works REALLY well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 4:56 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

HMM! I'll have to try salt next time I get the wires on my braces changed! Thanks! :hug:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 9:46 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

GREAT! :-D I'll have to get some of mine on here. I LOVE writing! and I like to go on about mine as well ;)
I also really like to see other writings

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2005, 11:42 am 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

you're welcome, mErRy!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2005, 11:58 am 
Ent
Ent

I've got a book I've been writing(more like trying to write. here a sample of one of my chapters:
You’re late! Said Sir Derek. Well, we’ll see who’s late. Said Salena. Now let’s find out who you really are. That won’t be necessary. And why do you think that? And then Salena pulls out a bow, and Sir Derek becomes enraged. So you’re the little brat that escaped that dreary morning. Said Sir Derek. Yes, in fact I am, said Salena. Surprised to see me. What’s that? Around your neck my lady? Asked Sir Derek. I dare not tell, because if I do. How will you react? Asked Salena. It depends on if you show it to me or not. Said Sir Derek.

Chapter 3 Unknown
BTW: Thats the name of the chapter. :-D
And I write a lot of poetry, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2005, 11:41 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

hmm...it sounds interesting. but it was a little hard to tell who was talking...try using quotation marks to make it easier. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2005, 11:03 am 
Ent
Ent

Gwenneth wrote:
hmm...it sounds interesting. but it was a little hard to tell who was talking...try using quotation marks to make it easier. ;)
I was going to do that, but the story is in 1420 England, and it took me a little bit to the story going. ^This is a heated convon in the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2005, 11:06 pm 
A-U's Official Tolkien Scholar
A-U's Official Tolkien Scholar

I wrote a POTC fanfiction that I just finished about a month ago, and I could really use some feedback! It's 45 typed pages, so it'd be better to just post the link. www.fanfiction.net/~pirateoftherings Please leave comments!

Profile       WWW     YIM