Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Odd, I know, but a Dinotopia Fanfic-Curio'us Time
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 6:23 pm 

This is just the beginning of my work on this fanfic, and is from my roleplay (which may be found in the Non-LoTR related section). Not many people have seen or heard about Dinotopia, even if they have some tend not to like it either. But, if you're a fan, or not a fan, I would greatly appreciate a brief read on what I have done so far. And constructive comments are always graciously accepted!!

Note: I will be adding to this gradually. If you'd like to read more, I suggest you keep coming back! ^^

-'Bax

-----

There is a land, in the far reaches of the ocean and our imaginations, where dinosaurs and humans live together in harmony. Those who discover this island utopia are utterly shocked at the possiblity of this place existing. But they learn not to worry over the threat of giant towering lizards. Carnivores are dangerous, yes, but human rogues can be even more threatening. So now, I shall ask you all to reach out your minds and imagine this place of harmony and mystery and I will take you to this land, this dream, this time in...Dinotopia.

The cacophony of clocks ticking hither and yon was a usual element in the curios shop. Crabb's Curios, mind you. He was quite proud of his antiquities and artifacts, Cyrus was. If he could strut, I could promise you he would, but he can't with his wooden leg. Yes, a wooden leg he has. One of them scaleys took a great big chomp of it, but that's a story for sharing later. But the poor man has a limp worth a cane.

Well, this fellow, was just and all, but not your average Dinotopian. Cyrus was considered an outcast in all due respect, mainly for the criminal deeds of his father, the notorious Lee Crabb. His father had broken the Dinotopian code by disturbing the sacred peace of The World Beneath, along with explorer Aurthur Dennison. Also because of that happening, Cyrus is banned from the library and not by his own acts. And he remains a citizen of Waterfall City, even after all the mistreatment upon him.

And in this story follows the accurate account of Cyrus's incounter with two new arrivals, Karl and David Scott, and the scouring of The World Beneath.

As I was saying...

The cacophony of clocks ticking hither and yon was a usual element in the curios shop. Crabb's Curios, that is. Cyrus was an archaeologist in his own right, independent and explorative, and had a growing collection of atrifacts and antiquities in his possession. He was a well-aged man, not too young nor old, with a head of deep brown whispy hair, and golden spectacles placed precuriously on his curved nose just below his blue eyes. Some say they changed color with his mood, but I'm not one to argue now. Cyrus closed shop for the night, and-grabbing his patterned trenchcoat-exited the doorway and hobbled into the square. A fountain spurted crystal water and dinosaurs tramped about, rumbling the stone city with each enormous step.

As he was walking across, he spotted a store's front. In the window were instruments, some odd, but some well-known around the world. But the ones that caught his ever-searching attention were a violin and a violincello. He sat on the edge of the wall, head downcast in a sort of reminiscence, and thought over the image of those familiar things. Ah, but they brought back memories that wrenched his heart into knots and squoze like a boa. Soft tears brimmed his eyes, but were pushed aside. He couldn't let that thought come back again.

' Ah, Alexisse.", Cyrus had thought with pain, " My dearest Alexisse... How long have you been gone. If only to hear your sweet song of a string serenade again. Too long..too long."

And that is when he decided what he must do. Clues, clues to where she could be residing. Residing with his child, he knew. So, hobble back to his shop he did, and packed a few light needs for a journey. To Volcanium City he was bound. And so, Cyrus Crabb left Waterfall City to start a trek to lead him back to his love, but, little did he know, he would be falling into something much more. Already his heart was bittersweet and growing sour. He grabbed his things and headed out into the cold night, unawares of the trouble that would find him.

By the growing of night, Cyrus had reached Volcanium City by Broncasaurus and was lodging in a nearby inn. The beds were soft, but his mind was restless, and so, in the night, he left to begin his exploration. Cyrus had traversed much forest and field by the breaking of the dark, but was met at the last by a rainstorm and was forced to stay under rock shelter for the rest of the dim dawn. The morning was bleak when the sun finally rose from the clouds, and they lifted and all became clear blue once more. The rush of the ocean could be heard not too far in the distance and from his rocky perch, at the mouth of a cave, Cyrus could see the thin blue lining on the hazy horizon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2006, 9:20 pm 

I can't read that well the font is so smal. Sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2006, 11:00 pm 

There is a land, in the far reaches of the ocean and our imaginations, where dinosaurs and humans live together in harmony. Those who discover this island utopia are utterly shocked at the possiblity of this place existing. But they learn not to worry over the threat of giant towering lizards. Carnivores are dangerous, yes, but human rogues can be even more threatening. So now, I shall ask you all to reach out your minds and imagine this place of harmony and mystery and I will take you to this land, this dream, this time in...Dinotopia.

The cacophony of clocks ticking hither and yon was a usual element in the curios shop. Crabb's Curios, mind you. He was quite proud of his antiquities and artifacts, Cyrus was. If he could strut, I could promise you he would, but he can't with his wooden leg. Yes, a wooden leg he has. One of them scaleys took a great big chomp of it, but that's a story for sharing later. But the poor man has a limp worth a cane.

Well, this fellow, was just and all, but not your average Dinotopian. Cyrus was considered an outcast in all due respect, mainly for the criminal deeds of his father, the notorious Lee Crabb. His father had broken the Dinotopian code by disturbing the sacred peace of The World Beneath, along with explorer Aurthur Dennison. Also because of that happening, Cyrus is banned from the library and not by his own acts. And he remains a citizen of Waterfall City, even after all the mistreatment upon him.

And in this story follows the accurate account of Cyrus's incounter with two new arrivals, Karl and David Scott, and the scouring of The World Beneath.

As I was saying...

The cacophony of clocks ticking hither and yon was a usual element in the curios shop. Crabb's Curios, that is. Cyrus was an archaeologist in his own right, independent and explorative, and had a growing collection of atrifacts and antiquities in his possession. He was a well-aged man, not too young nor old, with a head of deep brown whispy hair, and golden spectacles placed precuriously on his curved nose just below his blue eyes. Some say they changed color with his mood, but I'm not one to argue now. Cyrus closed shop for the night, and-grabbing his patterned trenchcoat-exited the doorway and hobbled into the square. A fountain spurted crystal water and dinosaurs tramped about, rumbling the stone city with each enormous step.

As he was walking across, he spotted a store's front. In the window were instruments, some odd, but some well-known around the world. But the ones that caught his ever-searching attention were a violin and a violincello. He sat on the edge of the wall, head downcast in a sort of reminiscence, and thought over the image of those familiar things. Ah, but they brought back memories that wrenched his heart into knots and squoze like a boa. Soft tears brimmed his eyes, but were pushed aside. He couldn't let that thought come back again.

' Ah, Alexisse.", Cyrus had thought with pain, " My dearest Alexisse... How long have you been gone. If only to hear your sweet song of a string serenade again. Too long..too long."

And that is when he decided what he must do. Clues, clues to where she could be residing. Residing with his child, he knew. So, hobble back to his shop he did, and packed a few light needs for a journey. To Volcanium City he was bound. And so, Cyrus Crabb left Waterfall City to start a trek to lead him back to his love, but, little did he know, he would be falling into something much more. Already his heart was bittersweet and growing sour. He grabbed his things and headed out into the cold night, unawares of the trouble that would find him.

By the growing of night, Cyrus had reached Volcanium City by Broncasaurus and was lodging in a nearby inn. The beds were soft, but his mind was restless, and so, in the night, he left to begin his exploration. Cyrus had traversed much forest and field by the breaking of the dark, but was met at the last by a rainstorm and was forced to stay under rock shelter for the rest of the dim dawn. The morning was bleak when the sun finally rose from the clouds, and they lifted and all became clear blue once more. The rush of the ocean could be heard not too far in the distance and from his rocky perch, at the mouth of a cave, Cyrus could see the thin blue lining on the hazy horizon.

((Can you read it now? ))