Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 19th, 2005, 5:23 pm 

no fade is a poetic term for dying used by alot of fan fiction writers and elrond

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 19th, 2005, 6:20 pm 
Ent
Ent

Do you mean fade as in their entire selves as an elf disappear and they become an orc/urukhai entirely?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 20th, 2005, 7:38 am 

Larael Greenleaf wrote:
I feel your pain Alane!!!!!!!It is horrible, but very true. Melkor did torture and corrupt them till they became what we know as orcs. Poor Elvsies!!!!!!! Melkor.....GRRRRRRRR :disgust:

Poor elves..yes. But not so very poor orcs. because if they knew it they would say: "Ah good that I am, who I am..i hate nasty ELVES!"

So how to look at it? Orcs seem pretty happy the way they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 20th, 2005, 5:08 pm 
Ent
Ent

I've never really thought about it that way. Are orcs happy the way they are?? Hmm......you've got me wondering now, Romendacil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 20th, 2005, 11:59 pm 

Nienna's Handmaiden wrote:
no fade is a poetic term for dying used by alot of fan fiction writers and elrond

Ah yes, I am quite familiar with that term. To answer it I say-
Same answer as before. Not all the elves were tortured and even if they did die during torture, there are still the other elves who have not been tortured whom are still alive.

Btw, that is a very interesting way to look at it Romendacil. I believe the orcs had no knowledge of their former life so I'm sure they were very happy as orcs. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 21st, 2005, 5:19 am 

A happy orc?
Didn't we briefly touch on this earlier on (something about female orcs and orc families?).
My impression is that no one serves Sauron freely. His army was made up of either slaves who feared him or people he decieved. (The exception is the Uruk-hai but they were bred specifically for this war by Saruman and answered mostly to him.)
I just like the thought of orcs being tormented in body and mind. They sort of kill to survive, they serve Sauron only because there isn't another option, because he is the master of their miserable life.
I don't think that anyone can do what the orcs do and be happy about it, especially when they were once elves. It'd be impossible to completely rid them for their true nature and that's what makes this story sadder and Sauron's act absolutely intolerable and cruel. They are aware what they are doing but they can't escape it in any way...
Or maybe I got a bit sentimental there... I doesn't seem that other elves have any problems with killing orcs on the spot... *thinks* Maybe they just didn't take the philosophical debate on how long one needs to be tortured to be more orc than elf, or how many years in service of Mordor before one is lost for the free world...?
*likes the idea of when it comes to battle then everyone would just sit down with a cup of tea and talk things over until an agreement is reached*

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 21st, 2005, 10:29 am 

True orcs do not serve him freely. But I think, that they will rather serve evil, than trurn into elves again, if they were given the choise. An orc would be happy, if he could do anything he wants. And kill alot of people.

Thats my oppinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 21st, 2005, 11:42 pm 

^I think I have to think more on this before I reply with a full fledged answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2005, 4:27 am 

Larael Greenleaf wrote:
^I think I have to think more on this before I reply with a full fledged answer.

Lol, we're looking forward to it Larael! :angel:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 24th, 2005, 11:08 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Eä wrote:
My impression is that no one serves Sauron freely. His army was made up of either slaves who feared him or people he decieved. (The exception is the Uruk-hai but they were bred specifically for this war by Saruman and answered mostly to him.)

Actually Saruman didn't bred them, Sauron did.
Saruman bred the half-orcs and goblin-men

And another interesting thing from EoA:
Quote:
Orcs of Mordor
Servants of the Red Eye

The Orcs had been the footsoldiers of Morgoth the first Dark Lord, and when he was banished from the World, they remained under the control of his lieutenant Sauron. After Sauron established himself in the Black Land of Mordor, his Orcs continued to battle with Elves and Men over many centuries.

The Orcs of Mordor were not simply gathered from the remnants of Morgoth's armies, but were also bred anew by Sauron. There were many types in the service of the Red Eye, but the largest and fiercest were the Uruk-hai, a form first seen about five hundred years before the end of the Third Age. It seems that Sauron could breed armies of Orcs with enormous speed when they were needed. According to Aragorn, for instance, it had taken just a few years for the Orcs to multiply in Mordor to the vast hordes seen in the War of the Ring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 24th, 2005, 3:50 pm 
Ent
Ent

Eä wrote:
A happy orc?
Didn't we briefly touch on this earlier on (something about female orcs and orc families?).
I just like the thought of orcs being tormented in body and mind. They sort of kill to survive, they serve Sauron only because there isn't another option, because he is the master of their miserable life.
I don't think that anyone can do what the orcs do and be happy about it, especially when they were once elves. It'd be impossible to completely rid them for their true nature and that's what makes this story sadder and Sauron's act absolutely intolerable and cruel. They are aware what they are doing but they can't escape it in any way...
Or maybe I got a bit sentimental there... I doesn't seem that other elves have any problems with killing orcs on the spot... *thinks* Maybe they just didn't take the philosophical debate on how long one needs to be tortured to be more orc than elf, or how many years in service of Mordor before one is lost for the free world...?
*likes the idea of when it comes to battle then everyone would just sit down with a cup of tea and talk things over until an agreement is reached*

I like the way you think, Ea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 24th, 2005, 5:20 pm 

Callondhaer wrote:
Eä wrote:

Umm, thank you for the correction. I was taking this from the movie where Saruman makes his Uruk-hai army.

Elwing_Star_Spray wrote:
I like the way you think, Ea.
Aww, what can I say.... but thank you! :angel:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 24th, 2005, 6:04 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Eä wrote:
Callondhaer wrote:
Eä wrote:

Umm, thank you for the correction. I was taking this from the movie where Saruman makes his Uruk-hai army.

No problem, just wanted your interesting post to be more accurate. ;) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 25th, 2005, 7:51 pm 
Ent
Ent

Eä wrote:
Callondhaer wrote:
Eä wrote:

That's sort of what I thought. I was thinking that at first, when the elves, humans, and whatever else Sauron/Sauruman made orcs/Uruk-hai out of, they had no desire to serve them. But when they were eventually tortured out their original minds, the desire to serve Sauron or Sauruman either overcame them and they did it willingly, or they did it grudgingly, with no choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2005, 3:48 pm 
Vala
Vala

This is somthing I think about a lot. What do orcs really like to do? Play base ball. No. Just kidding. But, They seem pretty mean, and like nothing better han to kill and destroy. But at the Battle at the black gate, when Sauron got his presious little ring destroyed, all his warriors got really freaked and ran, which suggests that it was Sauron who filled them with fear, and made them service him. But what I want to know is ow they tur that blueish purplish brownish color. Would lots of torture cause a skin change? Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2005, 8:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

Quote:
But what I want to know is ow they tur that blueish purplish brownish color. Would lots of torture cause a skin change? Just a thought.

Hmmm.......interesting thought..........I think it may be because of the torture.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next