Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I may be sick...
PostPosted: November 18th, 2005, 11:06 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ok, so I dont know if any one else missed the part from the LOTR books were Faramir kisses Eowyn. When i saw The EE I was sitting there on the edge of my chair waiting for it... but it didnt come. It made me very sad. For those of you who dont know what i am talking about I am talking about the part in ROTK, where faramir kisses eoyn. It says that he kissed her on the wall of the city, where everyone could see. but he didnt care. I fell in love with that part of the book.

Alot of peopl dont relize how huge that sort of thing was. In the time of Tolkien, people didnt kiss in public much. Corect me if I am wrong. but at that time it was still kind of a no no

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2005, 11:43 pm 

I know what you mean! I was so afraid that they were going to grab that bit and really over-do-it - well, like they sort of did with Arwen, because there's not all that much female characters or romance in the book... and it wasn't there at all!

Yes, certainly people wouldn't have kissed a lot in public during Tolkien's day... and I think it's a big statement in a way.
Also, it's very important for Eowyn... as she realises that what she loves in Aragorn is what he is, not who he is, and I guess in many ways it's when she regains her interest in life.

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 24th, 2005, 12:06 am 
Vala
Vala

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Lady En Silme, that hit my nerve too. I was waiting, perched, praticaly, waiting for him to kissh her in front of every body, then come down and say,"She is healed" (I thought that part was funny) But it never happened! Grrrrrr!
I am glad that they didn't over do it, but I think I'm almost madder that they under did it. I think they were tring to show Eowyn as a "xena, warrior princess" type of person, and she is, but she is also so much more. She has fealings that some times get the better of her, and I don't really know where I'm going with this, but I think you get the point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 24th, 2005, 1:23 am 

I know exactly what you mean. lol. It's infuriating, really. It was such an important - and different bit in the book!

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 25th, 2005, 1:03 pm 

Ok, before i post again, let me tell you that I am Lady En Silme. I cant log in at the moment, so i have another account. So forgive me please

Nauriel Rochnur: I agree! It made me mad, that they tried to make Eowyn all macho and everything, when she isnt! She is strong and everything, but she isnt Macho!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 25th, 2005, 4:57 pm 
Vala
Vala

Ha! stupid computers. I'd bash mine in with a bat if it wasn't so useful! :smash:
Yeah, it seems like people like to "Xena warrior princess" girls.
Wow. I just verbafied a whole phrase! sweet!
Arwen is another example. Where was Glorfindel? Hm? probably wondering who stole his horse.
If they "Xenafied" Galadriel, I probably would have slit my throat right in the theater.
Yeah, now that I think of it, there are some other ways they messed up on her carachter. In the scene where she gives Aragorn some stew. I just can't see her doing that. That scene waslike she was flirting with him, when in the book, I never got the impression that she was a flirty type of girl. Did you get that impression too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2005, 11:41 pm 

I missed that part from the book terribly!! I couldn't believe that they took it out. I think it was for the better though. Holding Eowyn's hand was very simple and went with the scene well. If they had had Eown and Faramir kiss, I think it would have been too much.

I miss that part though. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2005, 6:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I know. The hand holding wasnt enough. I think it could have been taken as a reasuring gesture. You know trying to comfort her. I only knew cuz I read the books. The head on his should kinda gave it away... but still. I really REALLy missed that

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2005, 8:55 pm 
Vala
Vala

I just can't get it out of my system. I am so mad they left that part out of the movie. Grrrrr. Just venting. :explode:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2005, 8:29 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Yes, I was really looking forward to that part, too. I was hoping they'd add a little of their conversation as well, but they didn't. I was still a touching scene, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2005, 9:51 pm 

Oh, yes, it was definately a beautiful scene! I really, really enjoyed it.

It just could have been better...

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW