Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who is in charge of the guestbook?
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 1:12 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I'm looking through the guestbook, and someone mentioned they wanted to be affiliates, so I replied to say that they could send us an email about it. But then it says that the post is pending approval. Who is in charge of this? Is it being done? I know Harthad was the one who was in charge of getting a new guestbook, but is she also in charge of approving posts? Hopefully someone else knows the answers to these questions, cause if we're going to have a guestbook it's quite important that it works properly :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Who is in charge of the guestbook?
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 5:19 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Anameleth wrote:
I'm looking through the guestbook, and someone mentioned they wanted to be affiliates, so I replied to say that they could send us an email about it. But then it says that the post is pending approval. Who is in charge of this? Is it being done? I know Harthad was the one who was in charge of getting a new guestbook, but is she also in charge of approving posts? Hopefully someone else knows the answers to these questions, cause if we're going to have a guestbook it's quite important that it works properly :)

I actually tried to contact Lady Rohan via the guestbook and resorted to contacing her via her tagboard instead (she is now one of our affiliates and is the person I can't seem to reply to via our email address) because of the problem you mentioned.

I think Harthad may well have been the person who set the guestbook up, and I reckon there is a button that needs to be clicked or something to allow people to respond. I know cutenews had similar functions to allow myself and Taur to edit news items etc.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 6:40 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Okay :) I suppose it might be an idea to have someone in charge of answering questions from the guestbook? Cause if we say that people can contact us there, someone should be officially given the task of responding. Just so we know that it's taken care of. And I vote that it be someone other than JF cause JF already seems to be doing everything else anyway, and the rest of us should take some of the workload :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 9:18 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Well it's not such a big deal checking the guestbook, and I know that Nurr is busy with other site stuff and now she's doing the secret santa again, so I don't mind looking at it (when I remember LOL).

Anyway, I believe that the guestbook is fixed. I remembered that the bravenet guestbook info was in the email account, so I logged in and every reply was supposed to be moderated before it could be posted... and I guess that wasn't happening.

I'm going through all the backlogged posts to see what are OK to allow. I think for now if no one has the time to check into Bravenet we should just let replies happen and then check them after they have posted?? Or maybe that will be more difficult - going through pages trying to find one reply. I'm hoping I can greenlight certain user names, like you Ana so you at least can post uninterrupted and then I can check the account maybe once a week, and approve the rest of the comments. :-)

EDIT: Actually I've just been through all 3 pages of comments and there was nothing untoward there at all. People seem to really like being able to comment (even if their replies were not showing) so I am thinking we could keep the replies moderator-free for now, and just let people reply immediately without having to wait and maybe see how that goes? :-)

Anyway that's one problem out of the way (yay! I am always happy when I figure something out on the internet and I haven't blown up the computer), now onto finding out why the heck I can't reply using the email....

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 9:22 am 
Balrog
Balrog

I think it would be okay to just let people reply, so long as we have the opportunity of deleting replies if they're not okay.

I try to remember to check it sometimes, so I can reply to stuff if I know the answer. I suppose if the both of us try to remember we'll have it pretty much covered :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 3:54 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Yep, we can certainly keep our eye on them and see if anything does need deleting. :-)

I like the new poll by the way. ;) I was hoping to go the London premiere but the plan got lost amongst other stuff. I'm thinking the final Hobbit film and most likely final Middle-earth film would be best. :D

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 6:39 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I'm assuming I will have to tell you if I find something that needs deleting though, right?

Haha thanks :) I'd love to go to a big, big premiere, but the midnight premiere in Oslo will have to do for this one :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW