Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Casting Calls - FEMALE ELF ROLE INTRODUCED(?)
PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 6:55 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I went on IMDB, and can see a female role for The Hobbit: part 1, and 2 and heard David Tennant was meant to be playing the elf King, and Cate is back? It is what it says! The first link if for the cast to part2 and send link is to part1! When was she mentioned in the Hobbit????? Am i going to have to read it again? :duh:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1170358/fullcredits#cast
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/fullcredits#cast
and she is not mention, on the website? Wikipeda has loads! :lost:

PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 7:01 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I am real dope, if they made it up then there going to lose people? Because it was never meant to have any female role, and people who have grown up with the book, are going to lose interest??? (I am dyslectic so I had to read it twice), they cannot re-write it, was is Christopher going to say??? :lost:

PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 12:55 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I don't know but I would think that if they do add the female character in their they would have to have his ok wouldn't they?

As far as I know he still has the rights to the books and story... therefore he should have the rights to the movie creation and be able to have a say in it...

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 2:06 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Ugh. I don't want a single female character. At all. I don't care if it's Cate returning or not. There aren't any females in the book! Then again, it's Hollywood and I guess they wanna appeal to all possible audiences by adding some kinda romance in the movie... which does make sense.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 2:14 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

While I don't think they should have a big female lead, I get that they want to add females in the film. There might not be any mentioned by name, but there are a lot of elves and whatnot in the story and some of them will probably be fleshed out a bit to give places like Mirkwood some credibility.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 30th, 2011, 3:03 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Hopefully this is just a whisper, I hope! I understand Cate but really it is going to be too much! :annoyed: Come on and stick to the book!

PostPosted: March 30th, 2011, 6:17 pm 

LadyLónannûniel wrote:
I went on IMDB, and can see a female role for The Hobbit: part 1, and 2 and heard David Tennant was meant to be playing the elf King, and Cate is back? It is what it says!

I've had the general impression for a while that they were putting more of the White Council and the attack on Dol Guldur into the movies, since they were being split into two. Which would explain Galadriel, since she's part of the Council. Don't quote me though, since I don't recall where or why I'm getting this idea.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 5th, 2011, 6:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

So, thanks to JF's announcement today on the main site, I learned that Saoirse Ronan is NOT going to be involved after all...which is unexpected, at least to me, since Saoirse was pretty coy in a it's-not-official-but-I'm-in-the-movie-anyway sort of fashion in interviews. Thoughts? Do we know if Itaril is still going to be a character and just placed by someone with a less impossible-to-spell-and-pronounce name?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 5th, 2011, 6:20 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I've only read JF's news post too, but the way I understood it, it was just Saiorse turning down the role, not the role being cut. Of course, they might cut it if they don't have anyone else for it. If they're doing the whole young, blonde actress thing though, Dakota Fanning could be interesting...

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 12th, 2011, 4:42 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Guuh. :disgust:

I find it intruging and annoying at the same time how the general fantasy stories ALWAYS have to have a romance story now-all the more so if it includes a flawless, graceful young elf with a greasy young male full of hormones. Almost every fantasy story I pick up these days that has been published or written recently has this, so I suppose it's not surprising that they want The Hobbit to fit in with all it's little peers if it's going to be made into a movie. The Hobbit is a children's story, with no romance in it whatsoever. If you think about it, this doesn't necessarily fit into "today's" taste in fantasy. They want it to be flashy. And, to be honest, I don't think anyone has ever heard of a female elf charater who dosen't get her way with a guy sooner or later. :lol:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 12th, 2011, 5:50 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I'm actually quite surprised that everyone seems to assume that this female elf must necessarily be someone's love interest. Maybe they just really wanted a badass female elf?
Until we've seen the movie, how can we really judge on whether or not this is a bad call? I for one trust PJ's decisions...

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 12th, 2011, 6:34 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Anameleth wrote:
Maybe they just really wanted a badass female elf?

Which really blows that Saoirse is dropping out. I mean, has anyone seen Hanna? This girl would be PERFECT for the role of Itaril! She's beautiful, and an amazing actress too. Not to mention uber badass.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 15th, 2011, 3:04 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Just went on IMDB, and there now saying a character called Melanie Stryder, is going to be played by that Saoirse Ronan girl, um, how did that happen, check if you do not believe me!

PostPosted: May 15th, 2011, 3:13 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

I see it too... wut.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 15th, 2011, 8:14 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

LadyLónannûniel wrote:
Just went on IMDB, and there now saying a character called Melanie Stryder, is going to be played by that Saoirse Ronan girl, um, how did that happen, check if you do not believe me!

Really? Awesome.

While we're throwing in characters, why not add in some purple teddy bears! :-D With canons! And orange purple dots! :teehee: :goofy:

In all seriousness though, I personally don't really mind if there are some added characters, just as long as it doesn't interfere with the plot and distract from it significantly. A few added characters are fine-there was a few in LOTR after all-but I just hope Peter doesn't go overboard. Not that I have any real doubts. :P

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 20th, 2011, 1:19 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I'm not so bothered about having a female elf in the film either. I mean, what's the difference between that and dragging Arwen from the back of LOTR so she is a more important character?

I also don't have a problem with returning LOTR characters whether they were in the Hobbit or not - remember folks, we still don't know what the second film is about. It's called The Hobbit but do we yet know if the second film (as they stated a long time ago) will indeed be about what happened between the Hobbit and LOTR? If that is the case, many characters could return (especially people who live longer like Elves and Aragorn) and it would make sense.

I trust PJ, so whatever his plans are they must be pretty good.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next