Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hobbit Trailer!
PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 10:59 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

No matter what PJ does there are going to people who don't like something about the movie. It is just a trailer, and everything in the trailer *may* not be in the movie. But I think it was still excellently done. Everyone I have talked to and read posts about really enjoyed the trailer. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 11:13 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

OMG I SOOOOO LOVED IT! I thought we'd be getting a glimpse of Smaug but not complaining, it looks AMAZING! so beautiful, is going to be a gorgeous movie, I'm sure, the song is stunning, very haunting, gave me chills! I stayed till 1AM to see it and now I've seen it three times in HD, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
btw I made this about a week ago :P I nailed it, didn't I? ;) Image

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 1:41 pm 

Re: YouTube

(Or, pretty much what Eruceninde said. :P)

I can't believe there are people complaining about the look, though. It looks FANTASTIC. Sure, there might be some 3-D eye candy thrown in, but on the whole it looks very similar to LotR. I tried my hand at making some graphics last night from it, and they practically make themselves because everything is already so, so, so, (so, so, so, so!) gorgeous. It's probably going to be one of the most visually stunning movies made in the last 10 years. (Or at least, it should beat the heck out of Avatar. :teehee:)

Which reminds me, Banners! Icons! Wallpapers! The graphics! They must be made! To the Photoshop!

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 7:14 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Taurquende wrote:

I can't believe there are people complaining about the look, though. It looks FANTASTIC. Sure, there might be some 3-D eye candy thrown in, but on the whole it looks very similar to LotR. I tried my hand at making some graphics last night from it, and they practically make themselves because everything is already so, so, so, (so, so, so, so!) gorgeous. It's probably going to be one of the most visually stunning movies made in the last 10 years. (Or at least, it should beat the heck out of Avatar. :teehee:)

Which reminds me, Banners! Icons! Wallpapers! The graphics! They must be made! To the Photoshop!

I'm on it! :P if PS cooperates :annoyed2:

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 7:52 pm 

Has anyone found any decent screencaps of the trailer yet? :) Because I'll be off to Photoshop if someone can point me in the right direction! :D

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 8:06 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Linkage for caps!

http://www.crazycritics.com/page/the-ho ... -hd-stills
http://thefilmstage.com/news/115-high-r ... d-journey/

Re the whole visual thing, most of it can be attributed to the higher frame rate (which will literally blow our minds,) and probably more importantly, the difference in detail rendering on digital media opposed to film. Ginormous resolution too. And really, if you actually LOOK at the trailer, it looks a lot like LotR, do we know if they have the same cinematographer? I mean, if you look at the close ups, particularly Bilbo's and the Dwarves close ups in Bag End, the total style and colour palatte is exactly the same, to a point.

When you break it down, the beginning shots of Bag End and old Bilbo look the same as LotR, so I rather think it's just that people are more familiar with those scenes and that people aren't familiar with the new scenes being shown. There's loads more detail though.

Oh, and did anyone notice Gandalf's 'intact' staff and silver scarf?

~Old lurker from '06 crawling back for another adventure.~

You may call me Cazz. :-D

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 8:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

AAAAAAH this is going to be EPIC I can't wait till next December who care about Christmas the HOBBIT is coming out!!

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 9:19 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Lindethiel wrote:
Linkage for caps!

http://www.crazycritics.com/page/the-ho ... -hd-stills
http://thefilmstage.com/news/115-high-r ... d-journey/

Re the whole visual thing, most of it can be attributed to the higher frame rate (which will literally blow our minds,) and probably more importantly, the difference in detail rendering on digital media opposed to film. Ginormous resolution too. And really, if you actually LOOK at the trailer, it looks a lot like LotR, do we know if they have the same cinematographer? I mean, if you look at the close ups, particularly Bilbo's and the Dwarves close ups in Bag End, the total style and colour palatte is exactly the same, to a point.

When you break it down, the beginning shots of Bag End and old Bilbo look the same as LotR, so I rather think it's just that people are more familiar with those scenes and that people aren't familiar with the new scenes being shown. There's loads more detail though.

Oh, and did anyone notice Gandalf's 'intact' staff and silver scarf?

thank you! and yes I noticed lol , it has PJ's style all over, the brightness, colours, shots! I love the fact the trailer itself is so HQ that the caps come out really good. I made a couple of things, if anyone wants something else, let me know

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 12:33 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Taurquende wrote:

Hahaha! This made me laugh! :-D

And thanks for the screencaps! I was looking for some of those.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 12:35 am 

There are also good quality caps on the AU main site. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 2:30 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Nice job Nurr. ;)

Thanks to Arwen for adding the news for them as well. I added the link for the trailer yesterday but forgot to let you guys know. :duh: Send your friends to AU for the trailer. :P :teehee:

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 3:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

The trailer looks awesome.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 8:05 am 
Elf
Elf

Hopefully I'm going to see Sherlock Holmes today so I can see the trailer in all it's glory on the big screen!

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 12:14 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

My only slight query about what I have seen is the Dwarves themselves. Maybe PJ shot himself in the foot with the depiction of Gimli and Gloin and the other Dwarves seen in the prologue and at the council.... but if I can recognise so many of the actors and they all look so fresh faced and .... human ... I'm not sure if that's the right way to go about it. Having said that, having the main characters being Dwarves and with so many, you need to be able to distinguish between them... but I don't know. Sticking a beard on an actor and making him appear smaller than Gandalf is a far cry from the Gimli type of Dwarves.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 12:48 pm 

Well, if I look at the prologue and the council, I know I would have a hard time telling apart thirteen dwarves who all look like that. There has to be some differentiation, and I think PJ is doing alright with that. Out of 13, I would say only 3 are really "non dwarvish" - Fili, Kili, and Bofur. Fili and Kili are the youngest, so that's probably why? Nori's hair is a little odd, and Bofur needs more beard or something, but I trust those actors to give a presence of "dwarf", whether or not they look it.

But just from a general marketing standpoint, the characters have to be identifiable, relateable, and there's got to be someone for the fangirls to latch on to. :teehee: If they were all Gimli-ish, it would cause problems in other ways. Personally, given Dwalin, Balin, Oin, Gloin, etc, I'm pretty confident it will go well.

And, of course, we're only going off of photos and a three minute trailer. The complexity of dwarves won't come out of that, so we'll have to wait and see what they can give us in the movie.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 4:27 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Nurrantiel Mashiara wrote:
Well, if I look at the prologue and the council, I know I would have a hard time telling apart thirteen dwarves who all look like that. There has to be some differentiation, and I think PJ is doing alright with that. Out of 13, I would say only 3 are really "non dwarvish" - Fili, Kili, and Bofur. Fili and Kili are the youngest, so that's probably why? Nori's hair is a little odd, and Bofur needs more beard or something, but I trust those actors to give a presence of "dwarf", whether or not they look it.

But just from a general marketing standpoint, the characters have to be identifiable, relateable, and there's got to be someone for the fangirls to latch on to. :teehee: If they were all Gimli-ish, it would cause problems in other ways. Personally, given Dwalin, Balin, Oin, Gloin, etc, I'm pretty confident it will go well.

And, of course, we're only going off of photos and a three minute trailer. The complexity of dwarves won't come out of that, so we'll have to wait and see what they can give us in the movie.

Exactly. Movie is half-made right there. Lol. Jokes.

I agree with the above sentiments. It depends on the depiction. When I first saw them, they did look a bit Narnia-ish, but I think the difference is we're going to be with these characters for two movies, so we're going to get to know them. Usually such characters are secondary, kinda in a couple of scenes, but nothing meaty. Probably because... well... I mean, they're pretty funny looking, and the audience has to latch on to them and it's easier to do that when you can relate as closely as possible to them. It's actually kinda brave of PJ to go with some of the designs for such major characters. Particularly that 'star hair' that Nori's got going.

Interesting that Gloin & Balin look quite similar in design, as do many of the -in Dwarves. Maybe they're of a different 'type' of Dwarf than the -ur's, -ri's and -li's? Me personally, I actually really like Bofur's look, and my brother likes Ori.

I like Kili too. For obvious reasons. He's getting called Aragorn & Legolas's love child, poor soul. Isn't Fili the younger of the two? I swear I remember him being younger in the book, but in the movie, he looks older than Kili.

~Old lurker from '06 crawling back for another adventure.~

You may call me Cazz. :-D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next