Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Hobbit Trilogy Extended Editions
PostPosted: December 4th, 2015, 4:12 pm 
Ent
Ent

So, all the EEs are out for AUJ, DoS and BotFA.

What do you all think? Favorite extended footage? Etc.

I think my favourite extra scenes are;

AUJ: The scene where Elrond and Lindir see the dwarves in the fountain and look disgusted.
DoS: All the extra Beorn scenes.
BotFA: Thorin, Kili and Fili's funeral. They so should have put that in the theatrical. So moving and a beautiful farewell to the dwarves of Erebor.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: The Hobbit Trilogy Extended Editions
PostPosted: December 4th, 2015, 7:31 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I have yet to see the Extended Edition of BoFA (and probably won't until Christmas, since that's how much I'm dreading it), so I can't comment on that one (but it will not be the funeral scene, I can tell you that right now, since I'm dreading it with a passion), so I'll just comment on the other two:

AUJ: Bofur's song in Rivendell which was supposed to be Frodo's song in the Green Dragon in the LotR trilogy (not that I'm any kind of book purist, since I don't care if they change it around, as long as it's interesting), since we even see Thorin having a good time (you really have to look closely, since Thorin's in the bottom left of your screen), but I also like the Extended prologue scenes with more of the White Gems of Lasgalen (which is the first time we see Thranduil storm off in any kind of way).

DoS: So many to choose from, from the Extended prologue with Gandalf and Thorin in Bree (since we see Thrain warning Thorin in the flashback to Moria sequence), more Beorn (with the dwarves appearing individually, another nod to what happens in the book when they first arrive at Beorn's house) to the Extended scenes in Mirkwood with the company actually having to carry Bombur across and Bilbo going first to see if it's safe. I love everything about DoS, so it's hard to choose a favorite scene (in either version), since I can practically live on this installment (with AUJ a close second, and BoFA last but not least, for obvious reasons).

I really should watch them all again, but with the third season of Under the Dome getting released next week (already got my shipping information email, since I have the DVDs on pre-order), it might not be until after Christmas, but I will not be doing any marathons (although I do watch the movies in order), since that's exhausting! :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 27th, 2015, 7:30 pm 
Elf
Elf

Whilst I love the fact that there we get EEs for the Hobbit, I'm not sure that the extended scenes really improved the films in the same way they did for LotR. For me, watching the LotR theatrical films is weird, it's like watching an incomplete work. But I generally feel for the Hobbit there are scenes in the EEs that were rightly left on the cutting room floor.

AUJ is the best of the extended editions as the additional scenes are largely straight from the book(s) and really enrich the Middle Earth we see in the Hobbit. I think the extended and new scenes do improve the film, and add to the magic. I like 'Down in Goblin Town' and Thranduil's extra cameo the best.

I kind of wish I'd never seen the EE for DoS because most of the Laketown scenes are cringey and every single mention of Thrain is terrible. He should never have made either cut, his new scenes are bad, and his addition to the prologue and Gandalf's investigation in Dol Guldor is really forced. On the flip side, my favourite scenes are, again the ones straight from the book, Gandalf tricking Beorn into letting the dwarves stay, and the stream scene in Mirkwood. I'm gutted that the filmmakers never completed the scene with Thranduil and Legolas talking about the fate of Middle Earth, because it would have been a fantastic addition. It would have also helped the high stakes in the battle in Bot5A seem less hokey too. But overall, I think I actually prefer the theatrical version of DoS, though really I'd like them to sell the Theatrical DVD in two parts, so I can watch disk 1 of the EE and disk 2 of the theatrical version!

With the exception of Dain's Coronation/ Thorins's funeral and Bilbo's honest burglar scenes, most of the scenes in Bot5A are kinda nice, but not necessary. The final scenes were great if albeit brief, I'm really glad we got to see them. I do wish we'd seen Thranduil at the funeral, got some closure for Bard's storyline and got a shot of Beorn walking back with Gandalf and Bilbo though. I find it odd that Bot5A has the most additional footage of the three films, but seems the least extended, maybe because they added quantity rather than quality. There's still scenes that develop the characters or round off storylines that I feel are missing. And I find it frustrating that extended scenes with Alfrid and double amputee troll which add nothing to the plot made the cut, when great character development scenes like this scene with Thranduil & Gandalf were still left out. [The youtube link would probably be my favourite addition had it been left in btw]

In an ideal world, I'd like to cut my own version of the Hobbit, keeping some of the extended scenes and leaving some behind, but all that being said the EEs are always so much more than the additional scenes. I really do love the behind the scenes footage and how they show how the filming developed and unfolded, seeing the actors and crews antics is always a joy.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2015, 1:06 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I was given BOFA extended for Christmas but I have yet to watch it. It came with 5 discs....2 for the movie and 3 for *the making of* stuff. I wish it was the other way around.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 1:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Lol I know right! I wish they would do three full discs forbthe movie. My sister just got the extended versions of all 3 hobbit movies so my long wait may finally be over soon. I wasn't able to buy them all just yet but I wanted to wait until I could watch them all together before I watched them. So I have still not seen any of the EE hobbit movies.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 6th, 2022, 1:57 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

How to watch ‘The Good Doctor’ Season 6 in UK Medical dramas are one of the most prevalent categories of television programmes nowadays. While the majority of TV shows centre on comedic or romantic themes, some offer a different angle, including medical dramas. One such programme currently the topic of sixth season rumours is The Good Doctor. Season 6 of "The Good Doctor" may be seen tonight in the UK on Hulu.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2022, 9:16 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

The Hobbit Trilogy Extended Editions is a box set of three DVDs that contain new and extended scenes from the movies, which are extra cut scenes that were not seen in theaters. Here you check this https://www.propainterswhangarei.co.nz/ and get more new ways for latest painters. It also contains bonus materials such as interviews with cast members, behind-the-scenes footage and more amazing facts about the making of The Hobbit trilogy.