Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

What do you think of Boromir?
obviously had ring issues, but redeemed himself in the end 100%  100%  [ 41 ]
got what he deserved 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 41
 Post subject: Re: Poll: Was Boromir good or bad?
PostPosted: March 24th, 2015, 1:07 am 
Istari
Istari

I agree Jax, I love how in the later movies they showed more of Boromir and his relationship with his family, you understand his character more in those scenes, you get why the Ring weighed on his mind and made him more susceptible to the Ring's influence, he had a crazy old guy ( :lol: ) breathing down his neck who wanted him to get it! I really wish there would have been more scenes of him included that cast him in a better light, like when he was teaching Merry and Pippin how to handle a sword. I admit, my first time watching the movie (granted I was young, too) I didn't like him at all, not until the very end and I was a little sad for him. (and in keeping with my "very young" comment, the fact he was all like 'whatever' to Aragorn played a role in my dislike for him as well, I admit) But then I read the book, found out more about the character, watched the movie again, really paid attention to him, and then I liked him.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2015, 12:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

Agreed, Jax. It's in the Two Towers EE. A lot of people say that that is one of the scenes they should have left in the theatrical version.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 24th, 2015, 11:41 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Yeah, I have yet to even read the trilogy books Tinkerbell! I am planning too once I get through with the hobbit but I am such a slow reader... :yuck: So I am sure that will make me see things a little different as well but it can only be better me thinks.

Yes, Boromir, I think they should have left those scenes in the theatrical version as well.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2016, 1:05 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: In front of Isengard with Merry, Pippin, and the Three Hunters, talking over recent adventures!

I think Boromir was a great character. He was flawed, pressured by his father and perhaps slightly misguided, but he was a good man.
I actually see a parallel between him and Eomer. They are both primarily men of war, not a lot of learning under their belts, but genuinely honest men on the whole. The difference between them is that Eomer acknowledged that he didn't know a whole lpt about strategy or the ring situation and had faith that others with more knowledge would lead him. Boromir kind of refused to acknowledge that and followed his own path because it made more sense to him at that particular moment. Granted there was the daddy issues and the ring issues, but there was definitely an element of human pride there.
However, despite the flaws and misfortunes which befel him, I still like Boromir, and I definitely love that scene when he's teaching the hobbits about swords. It was cute. :)

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 5:02 pm 
Istari
Istari

Héalic wrote:
I think Boromir was a great character. He was flawed, pressured by his father and perhaps slightly misguided, but he was a good man.
I actually see a parallel between him and Eomer. They are both primarily men of war, not a lot of learning under their belts, but genuinely honest men on the whole. The difference between them is that Eomer acknowledged that he didn't know a whole lpt about strategy or the ring situation and had faith that others with more knowledge would lead him. Boromir kind of refused to acknowledge that and followed his own path because it made more sense to him at that particular moment. Granted there was the daddy issues and the ring issues, but there was definitely an element of human pride there.
However, despite the flaws and misfortunes which befel him, I still like Boromir, and I definitely love that scene when he's teaching the hobbits about swords. It was cute. :)

What I thought was cool is in the Two Towers book it's hinted at that Eomer and Boromir were friends! Which is cool since they are two of my favorite characters.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 12:47 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: In front of Isengard with Merry, Pippin, and the Three Hunters, talking over recent adventures!

Oh really? Where? I really want to know since they are a couple of my favorites too. :)

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 4:43 pm 
Istari
Istari

I believe It's in the Riders of Rohan chapter. Boromir actually got his horse from him. They lent him one I mean.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 28th, 2016, 7:36 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Huh, I didn't realize that either. That is pretty cool! :)

Given their positions in their nations it would make sense that they would likely know eachother I guess.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM