Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2006, 3:42 pm 
Elf
Elf

People, people, didn't you know Elijah Wood gets good facials and anti-wrinkle cream. :laugh: The curlz and everything made the hobbits look ultra-young.

Capt. Jack: Shoot him and cut out his tongue! Then shoot his tongue!..and trim that scraggly beard.

yAAAy! The <a href="http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2007/tc20071218_443372.htm">Hobbit movie</a> is back on!!! Movie buffs get excited!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2006, 9:41 am 
Balrog
Balrog

lol... I didn't know that... :lol: it's good to know

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2006, 9:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

I don't think Elijah looked to young because hobbits age slower then what we think a 50 year guy looks like but we all have different ideas of what Frodo look like.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2006, 12:21 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Location: USA, Middle Earth, LOST, Elizabethtown, anywhere I want

But if we're talking about movie Frodo, he may have looked too young because when they first started filming the movie because he was very young. He was 17, must've just graduated from Highschool. That's very young and if you compare him to the ages of the actors he was working with, he was very young to begin with.

Made 1000 posts on 7/22/06!!!!!!!!!

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2006, 3:44 pm 
Maia
Maia

Location: I'm everywhere at once. I am currently lost in the land of quotes.

Meltithenniel wrote:
I think that he was a little too young... but what the heck. He played the part really really really well, and that's all that matters to me :D

That's my opinion. Elijah did a great job playing Frodo's part (and he looks good :P) and that's all I care about.

"I am he [she =P] that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2006, 1:26 am 

I think they chose to cast him as the youngest actor and the youngest LOOKING actor because they were trying to convey something about his character as they'd written it. Rather than starting Frodo out as wiser than most hobbits and equal in age to when Bilbo went on his adventure, they wanted to show his growth and a dramatic change. When he leaves the Shire he's a happy, carefree youngester on whom suddenly this huge burdan is placed.

Sida, I'd say that since "coming of age" is about 33, and Frodo in the books left when he's 50:
33 must be more like our 18 or 21, depending on which you consider coming of age--coming OUT of the teen years and INTO adulthood. Think of the young guys in college or just out. :P
And then 50 must be more like being in your 30s or so--so better off played by someone uhhh, about 10 years older. Pippin on the other hand was supposed to be underage at 28, so he'd be the beardless youth in his teenage years, or as they called it, their Tweens.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2006, 4:26 pm 
Maia
Maia

Yes, he was 50 in the book, but Elijah played and portrayed Frodo so well. I think that is why they chose him.

FRODO

Image</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2006, 1:37 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I think 50 is supposed to be still rather young for a Hobbit isn't it?? Plus is does say that he didn't look older than 33 because of the Ring...which means he looks perfect because when Hobbits turn 33 it's their coming of age.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2006, 3:49 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Jackson chose the best actor to play Frodo, and Elijah will be young forever, not only in the fiction

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2006, 7:24 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

elija played the role of Frodo very well. it was played exactly how i pictured it. but i do believe he should have been a little older. he may have gotten the ring when he turned 33 but that doesn't mean that it will make him not age. he never looked at it, touched it, smelled it, or even thought about it. he never let it get to him and take him over. therefor the power of the ring would not effect him. the ring was not in use. it could not use it's magic becouse it did not have a master, so to speak.

Bildo got the ring when he was 50 and that is when he began being "preserved". becouse the ring took hold of him. he used it in his daily life. (ex. hiding from unwelcome relatives when walking on the road)

It is the same with Frodo. the ring took hold of him, went into it's full effect, when frodo was 50. becouse it know became a burden and he thought about it constently.

so Frodo should have been older becouse his ageing started to slow down when he became 50 not 33 when he recieved the ring.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2006, 3:28 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

yes following the book it should have been older than a teenager hobbit :-D , but I completely agree with Jackson's choice (not only for having chosen the most beautiful actor in the world :blush: ) I think that being so young Frodo's mission is much more meaningful because there is a big contrast between his age and the weight of his burden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2006, 11:49 am 

I agree with Cuilwen I dont think having an older person play Frodo would be smart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2006, 7:30 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

He did a look a little young....not how I pictured Frodo when I read the books but at least he acted the part decently.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2006, 5:46 pm 
Ent
Ent

I think Elijah played the role very well, even though he was a
little younger then I pictured. But, I wouldn't have chosen
anyone else for the role of Frodo. Elijah just fit. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 9:49 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yes. Elijah was the perfect chioce for Frodo.

solongandgoodnight<3.</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2006, 11:27 am 
Maia
Maia

Well, 33 is coming-of-age for hobbits, so Frodo would look about 18-21. In the movie I believe they sped it up and left out the many years in between Biblbo's party and Frodo's journey - at least, that's how it seemed to me. (And it made much more sense.)

Thank you for five-plus wonderful years of obsession, friendship and fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next