Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The dwarven Rings
PostPosted: December 17th, 2008, 11:46 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I was thinking about this the other day, and didn't think the movie really said what ever happened to the dwarf lords that got rings from Sauron...

or the elves thta much for that matter.

I know the elves resisted, the dwarves were corupted but not as bad as men who became the ring wraith.

Does the book go into detail or do we know egsactily what happened to the elves and dwarves that got the rings of power?

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2008, 8:14 am 
Ent
Ent

The Dwarves were not as weak as the men were so the rings did not submit tham to Sauron's will, but wax their greed.
Some fell into Sauron's hand by the time of the War of the Ring but some others were consumated by the Dragons...

That's what I know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2008, 12:15 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

i see. :) Thanks. I knew the dwarves were not as corrupted as easily as the men but didn't know that any of them ever submited to Sauron.. or about the dragons.

so is that stuff in the books? ( I rally need to get through the Silmarilion and get to the trilogy... O_o )

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 10:04 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

Jax Nova wrote:
i see. :) Thanks. I knew the dwarves were not as corrupted as easily as the men but didn't know that any of them ever submited to Sauron.. or about the dragons.

so is that stuff in the books? ( I rally need to get through the Silmarilion and get to the trilogy... O_o )

When Aule made the dwarves he made them to come forth in the days of Melkors power. Therefore he made them strong to resist, stubborn,unyielding, fast in emnity and loyalty etc. In short, they could not be corrupted using the same things as men, such as power, love, long life etc; since such things didnt hold them much. But, since they had a natural love of gold and whatnot from their creator, the rings produced greed, and this greed drew to it dragons, and balrogs and general bad luck. Sauron only got hold of a few, while dragons and others destroyed the rest.

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "