Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2011, 11:39 pm 

Go for it, Eru! Btw, how many "ultimate coders" do we think are needed? I thought I saw the numbers three to five floating around here, but I can't be sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2011, 8:40 am 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Talking about new content and related things - I know JF has been getting old LotR contests going again since we've literally been having none of that for the past... year or so. And it's an amazing change, I gotta say. But that got me remembering that someone used to do LotR scene banner contests, scene after scene from each of the three films, and those were incredibly fun! They lasted forever too, because there are a ton of scenes across all three films. I suck at putting together contests and keeping up with them though, otherwise I would do it. It would be awesome if someone could get those going again. : )

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 3:10 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Hmm... Ok, I need an opinion here. I've been checking quite a lot of galleries now, and I haven't come across one single image that even looks like it's NOT going to load. Arwen said it was a special script or something? And seeing as how, like the graphics, all the images are uploaded to AU and not relying on imageshack or photobucket which sometimes loses links... is it possible that because of how they are hosted, that it's impossible for them not to work?

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Last edited by Johnny's Fan on February 23rd, 2011, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 6:15 pm 

Are you sure it's not just your browser? I just checked a few, and they all loaded fine for me.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 6:24 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Sorry, I missed the all important word "NOT" in the line; "I haven't come across one single image that even looks like it's NOT going to load".

Meaning they all load perfectly. ;)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 9:38 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

^Haha yeah not it makes much more sense.
When I looked through the Misc. section, I think I found only one photo that wouldn't load. But I'm not entirely sure that was uploaded directly to A-U... *goes to check* Okay, four photo links that were broken, but only one that was uploaded directly to A-U. So I think your theory might be right ;)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 10:49 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Well I guess I had better keep plugging away then, as it looks like it could still happen, even with the images being stored in AU, that some pictures won't work.

Looking at the pictures as well, there are some truly awful ones quality wise. We are going to have to make a decision regarding do we sacrafice having a top quality gallery (no matter what size the image) for a gallery that includes, admittedly, unsual images that are not commonly found but are terrible quality. A lot of the bad images in the character sections are behind the scenes, which I don't think should be included in their character cateogories, but should be kept, as some of them are very interesting. Maybe they should be put into the "behind the scenes" category instead but labelled "low-res" or something so people don't have *too* high an expectation of them.

Also, it is strange to me, that some of the images in the character galleries seem to be screencaps. I would be in favour of getting rid of those as they are already somewhere else on AU.

And while I'm happy at the moment, to be looking through th galleries for images, I don't think it's going to be worth checking every single screencap until we know whether we'll be adding a Coppermine photo gallery or not. Because if we are, the images will have to be saved? maybe, to someone's computer to then upload into Coppermine, so that person will see immediately if an image works or not. And if it doesn't, there's no coding that needs to be fixed, as it won't be there to be uploaded into the new Coppermine gallery.

BTW, I'm only posting this here as my thread seems to be getting low input. :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 24th, 2011, 6:58 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Gimli wrote:

Also, it is strange to me, that some of the images in the character galleries seem to be screencaps. I would be in favour of getting rid of those as they are already somewhere else on AU.

I think that if screencaps are the only images we have of a character, they should be kept. But if the screepcaps are only an addition to a wide range of other photos, there's no need to have them there.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6