Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: AU Revival: Main Site [Non-Image] Headquarters
PostPosted: December 4th, 2011, 4:50 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I'll read through them, JF :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 9th, 2011, 6:39 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Sorry about the double post..

Nurr, you were the one who collected the broken links lists, right? Is that something we (that is, you) can work on? I mean, it's sort of a small thing, but it would be something to check off on the things-to-do list :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 20th, 2012, 7:50 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Okay, I've got a few things.

The page for the Featured Art still needs set up. (See previous page on how I would like to accomplish that)

Also, putting up other Fan Related stuff(such as poems and videos). I will collect, need someone to add them.

Lastly. You could say that I've gotten the help of dreamingfif from realelvish.net to figure out the elvish section. It was recently pointed out to me that our elvish section is a horrible mix of Quenya, Sindarin, and bad pronunciation guilds. So, I know no one wanted to tackle the elvish section to help get it figured out, but I would be more then willing to.

Not sure what you guys think of updating the elvish, though. But I would need a coder to help me through the changes...

Or would it be possible if I could get the passwords and do all this myself instead of having to work through someone? I would really love to get all this stuff done that I want to get done, but it's hard to get anything done without constantly bugging for a coder. But I just as much hate asking this as much I as I hate asking for a coder...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 1:09 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

If you would like to take charge of the elvish section and work with dreamingfifi on that, that'd be great. I'm sure we could arrange for you to be able to update those sections without needig to go through a coder.

I'm planning on sending a pm to everyone who has been involved in the past to see who's still interested in helping out. Hopefully that will get things rolling again.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 3:56 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Ok, so I have 3 images to find for the crew bios and then my part will be done for those will be completed. I've checked all the spacing and the spelling, and then I'll be asking Ana to re-check the spelling and the little details like commas and stuff as I may have missed out on some minor things.

BUT I just went to check the bios in google chrome and the bios look HORRIBLE. The spacing between the trivia text and the main photos are all over the place, whereas on internet explorer they look nice and neat.... I hate browsers. Seriously, can't we have one world one browser? So I don't know what to do about that. I can't see a way to make it look good for both. And Firefox looks awful as well.

I'm hoping it's just my computer, so if anyone could maybe check between say IE and Google and see if they're seeing what I'm seeing, that would be appreciated.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 4:37 pm 

^I have no problem with them in Firefox or Safari. Maybe it's just your computer? (Though a few of the photo links are broken and Fran Walsh opens in a new window, that you may want to fix.)

Sorry I haven't been doing much with this (or getting back to people) recently, I've got four part time jobs and it's my last year of university so things are a little hectic right now. Yes, I was checking old links, I don't remember where I left off. I'll have to go back through my stuff and figure out what's done and what isn't. I know affiliates and humor are all good.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 5:03 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

There should be broken image links for Rick Porras and Christian Rivers only. If there are any others then please let me know as they all look OK to me. :-)

I actually don't know why the Fran Walsh link opens in a new window. I have found on many pages, the last link always opens in a new window. Whether that is a general coding bug I'm not sure. I actually was hoping it was just my computer. Also I need to figure out how to centralize the "Fran Walsh" link as so far, it won't bydge. Naughty link. :P

Well if it looks alright with other people, I'll configure all the spacing for IE and if it looks alright in that for me, and seems to be OK for Firefox users, then it's got to be my monitor (which is ugly and wide).

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 5:05 pm 
Elf
Elf

I got the PM about the revival.. I do want to help but I don't really know what I can help with. I can't do coding or photoshop or anything like that.
I think the only things I can really do is research and writing things..

Anyway, JF. I have Chrome so I've had a look. The crew bios look OK. The only things I saw that were problems were the ones Nurr has said. (Broken images on two of the bios and Fran Walsh opening in a new tab/window). Oh and Richard Tayler and Tania Rodgers don't show up as links but I'm guessing they haven't been written yet?

I did a screenshot of what the crew bios look like for me (I did it fullscreen because I have a netbook so if I tried to do a normal screenshot it wouldn't have shown much :p ) This is the PJ one but all of them are laid out in the same way as that. For comparison the cast bios look like this for me.

I don't know who has done the cast bios (or if indeed they have been done, I'll have a nose in this forum in a bit) but there's a slight problem with the Bernard Hill one. This is how it looks for me and I don't like how the text wraps around the bottom of the image. But that's probably me just being pedantic. :p (I don't know if it's like that on any of the other cast bios I haven't check. But I prefer the spacing on the crew bios to the spacing on the cast bios.. )

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 5:30 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

^ Thanks a lot for that. It still looks different in Firefox for you than it does for me, but as long as it looks the same on all the pages in Firefox, then the fussy person that I am, can live with that. :P

The cast bio pages haven't been worked on yet, but I'll be starting on them tomorrow. I need the info Larael has though and I haven't heard from her in over a month.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 5:45 pm 
Elf
Elf

Johnny's Fan wrote:
^ Thanks a lot for that. It still looks different in Firefox for you than it does for me, but as long as it looks the same on all the pages in Firefox, then the fussy person that I am, can live with that. :P

Those links were for it in Chrome. :D But I've just checked on Firefox and they all look like that on Firefox as well. :D

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 5:59 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I just wanted to say, thanks to everyone who's responded to the PM so far! I'll not be replying back to everyone, because to some people there really isn't anything but "thanks for responding!" to say, and that feels a bit pointless.

I'm putting together a list of what everyone's saying they can do, and then once that's pretty much finished we should take a look at what still needs doing, because I have no idea what is finished and what isn't. And I'm supposed to be the one keeping track of that :duh:

@Nurr: RL comes first, if there are things you feel like you are supposed to do with this that you don't think you have time for, let me know and I'll either do them or ask someone else to! :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 8:17 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

I just responded, hopefully you've got something for me . :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 1:47 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Are you still up for coding, Haldir? So far it looks like Nurr and JF are the only coders left, and I'm sure they could use your help :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 1:49 pm 
Elf
Elf

*pops in* Are we supposed to reply to this thread if we want to help out? Because I did reply to the PM. . .is there anything I can do?

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 1:58 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I replied back, Harthad. Did you not get it? I don't think I wrote anything specific you could do, but that's really because I'm still trying to find out what's done and what isn't finished yet.

EDIT: Okay, I found a (somewhat boring...) task that is up for grabs. Back when we changed from the old blue skin to the green one, there were bits and pieces we missed, like the little "new" buttons here and there. So someone needs to go through every page and make a list of all the "blue bits" that still remain. Also, some of the things that have a "new" button next to them, aren't actually new anymore (example: the box-in game), so when the list is done, a coder needs to remove the ones that aren't needed any more, and we need to make the remaining blue bits green.

by Lembas

Last edited by Anameleth on January 23rd, 2012, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 2:00 pm 
Elf
Elf

Anameleth wrote:
I replied back, Harthad. Did you not get it? I don't think I wrote anything specific you could do, but that's really because I'm still trying to find out what's done and what isn't finished yet.

No, I didn't get it. :confused: And that's fine, I was just wondering. :)

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next