Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Thank You (For the Mods-but please also post if you agree)
PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 5:38 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Hi
In case some of you don't remember me I am Anduril (Andi) Vanlhach (Peredhil, Nova)
I have been a member of the forum for six years now, though I admit over the last two years I have been increaseingly absent.
The reasons for this were that I was now at University and if I had spare time felt I should really be studying/down the pub. But also becuase I felt AU had died or was in the last of its death throes.

So when I logged in here yesterday to see if the site had been shut down for good, I was at first surprised and then incredibally happy to find the forum busteling away and a new skin.
I know its a work in progress, but I just wanted to say this now, becuase though I will try I'm about to go into my final year.

Thank you. Thank you for all the years and effort and hard work you have put into AU. The hours when you could have been outside in the sun or with your familly. For putting up with side posts and rebellions and all the arguments and bad stuff that we never see becuase you clear it away.
Thankyou for not giveing up on AU like I did. Thank you for knowing that something as wonderful as this shouldn't just be thrown away becuase its too hard to carry on. So many of us grew up with AU and though it is online, I like to think that I do have real freinds on here.
Thank you also for keeping the forum going despite the old provider kicking us out and Arwen haveing to leave us.
Thank you for this beutiful new forum and site. Its apsolutely goregeous and all done so beutifully. When I first joined the forum was green and it reminds me of those days. Its seems like a natural start for the revival.
Thank you for this revival, the new threads, the cleaning, the programming and the parties. Thank you for makeing this a place that we oldies can enjoy again, and that the new generation of Tolkeinites can enjoy and talk about the Hobbit.

In short, thank you for your ceseless and tireless work for us.

Lots of love
Anduril Vanlhach
xxxx

Edit: Sorry Arwen! I thought you had had to leave us. I'm so glad I was wrong :D. Thank you to you too for createing such a wonderful site :)

Last edited by Anduril Vanlhach on September 2nd, 2011, 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Thank You (For the Nazgul-but please also post if you ag
PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 6:12 am 

Hey Anduril!
Of course I remember you! It's good seeing you again! :) It's good to hear that the forum appears new and more lively.. And I absolutely agree that all the members that have been working hard on the revival past months deserve our praise for all the work they done. :) Also Arwen is still here, supporting the Revival! :happy:

Hope to see you around soon!

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject: Re: Thank You (For the Nazgul-but please also post if you ag
PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 6:50 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Ooooo thank you for correcting me :)

Post subject: Re: Thank You (For the Mods-but please also post if you agre
PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 11:08 am 

Great to have you back, Andi. :hug:

True, the Revival people have been doing such a beautiful job on the main site and forum. It's wonderful to have so many people contributing to the site.

And thanks to you too, Andi.. you've been so active on the board since your return. 'tis awesome! :P

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject: Re: Thank You (For the Mods-but please also post if you agre
PostPosted: October 13th, 2011, 7:25 am 

The new site is beautiful, isn't it? I'm so thankful for the Revival and the efforts put into it.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]