Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 18th, 2024, 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is the Evenstar broken?
PostPosted: October 14th, 2015, 5:37 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Yeah, it certainly would do all that I think. They are probably just concerned with loosing money due to it filtering out the non-hard core fans. But as you say, those that would love it would really LOVE it! And of course if they did the entire book we would have 5 or 6 hour movies probably. Which would be wonderful in my opinion. The extended editions are freat but that would be even better.

Agreed. I wish it were more common as well! I don't understand why they always have to change it. Sure there are a few things that need adapted to fit the screne as opposed to a book but adapting doesn't require major changes. *shrugs*

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 16th, 2016, 7:17 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: In front of Isengard with Merry, Pippin, and the Three Hunters, talking over recent adventures!

Actually, LotR would probably do pretty well as a TV show. That way they could include every little bit without having worry about time and you could do justice to the back story that's important at any given time. You could even cover the war in the north at some point and do Elladan and Elrohir and Celebrian and Elrond and Aragorn's adventures we never hear about... OMG this would be so cool!!!! If anyone wants to do this, I volunteer to help write and edit the thing!!

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 10:57 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

That really would be pretty cool. lol It would certainly allow for much more Book-true content and more all encompassing.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: December 30th, 2016, 8:42 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Fír wrote:
In the movie, there's a scene in which Aragorn drops the Evenstar after looking in the Palantír. It breaks into a thousand pieces.
But I was wondering.. Is this real? Is it really broken?
Because when Arwen saw her child, he was wearing it. So I was wondering, is it really broken or was the vision not completely realistic?

Being the movie is a fanfic of an author's created world, the answer is no, it isn't real. Well, maybe the prop they shattered was really broken.... maybe... just maybe... they filmed the kid with it on before they filmed the great shattering???

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 2:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

Besides PJ's utterly moronic treatment of Faramir, the Aragorn / Palantir scene (ah - then there's Gandalf the WHITE facing that chicken droppings Lord of the Nazgûl, whom he had held off on Amon Sûl while the latter was supported by all eight of his lackeys, while he was Gandalf the GREY!!!) made me want to do things to PJ that are penalized by capital punishment in such primitive regions of the world such as Texas. After Aragorn had wrenched that Palantir from Sauron, the *bleeping* eye that Sauron was shown as being in PJ's fanfic should have been shown with a fat blue-to-violet ring outside. *SNARL*