Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sam and Rosie in ROTK
PostPosted: August 1st, 2013, 5:41 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

What did you think of Sam and Rosie getting married at the end of The Return of the King? I really like that scene, Sam deserved a happy ending and they're a cute couple.

Post subject: Re: Sam and Rosie in ROTK
PostPosted: December 4th, 2013, 1:32 pm 
Istari
Istari

Sam and Rose are a really cute couple! I love hobbit couples :)
In the book The end of the Third Age, by Christopher Tolkien, there is a LotR epiloge that wasnt put in the LotR book. It is about the Gamgee's and Sam and Rosies kids. It's really great!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 19th, 2015, 9:10 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Sam was hot for Rosie, for Rosie was hot, and in the end he got his girl!

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 11th, 2015, 9:22 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: In front of Isengard with Merry, Pippin, and the Three Hunters, talking over recent adventures!

I feel like if I was to be a character in LotR, I would be Rosie. I love her cheerful smile, curly hair, and carefree attitude. She's a great match for Sam. I wish we saw more of her in the books and the movies, but I realize that it wouldn't be possible without taking away from the rest of the story.
I do love their wedding in RotK, though. it was really nice to see that Sam had someone special. I also loved Frodo's face when he went to go propose as well. It's so cute! :)
On a different note, Sam having someone kind of emphasizes the fact that Frodo has only flawed happiness in Middle-earth, and that's part of why he leaves for the Undying Lands: there he will have complete bliss without any imperfection. That's the only reason I wasn't sobbing my eyes out at that last scene.... I only did it a little bit! :-D

PostPosted: October 12th, 2015, 12:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Healic brings a good point of the emphasis it makes on Frodo's plight.

However, not to bash frodo but I almost feel like sam deserves it more than frodo. I loved the fact that they put it in there and that he ended up with a happy ending. He is such an admirable character and loyal. I can remember watching it through for the first time and worying that he would not get to ever see her again. It was sad. I was so happy when I watched the ending with them.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 1:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

Agreed, it was really well done. especially when they are at Mount Doom and he is talking about her, I thought they did good in showing him marrying her at the end.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 3:16 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Yeah. That scene made me want to cry because I thought for a moment they really would never see eachother. I knew they sidn't die but for some reason I always feared that the journey would change somethig between them and he wouldn't end up with her. Or that it would just leave it hangong and not specify whether they ended up together etc...

PostPosted: June 15th, 2016, 1:42 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

RachellovesLOTR wrote:
What did you think of Sam and Rosie getting married at the end of The Return of the King? I really like that scene, Sam deserved a happy ending and they're a cute couple.

This finish to the movie actually was pretty darn close to how it was described in the book, and I'll give credit where it was due, and PJ Boyens got this bit right.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 10:35 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Ditto, I thought he did very good with the ending.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2017, 8:50 am 
Elf
Elf

I agree with you, Hanasían. Sam and Rosie getting married in the end and Sam saying something about being home again just is the perfect ending for Lotr. It's just a bit sad, Sam lost Frodo and Gandalf and the fellowship kind of broke apart, but at least Sam got a loving family in the end.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 2:12 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

PJ made up for a lot of crap he polluted his movie version with by ending RoTK his movie with the exact three words that are in the book: "Well, I'm back."

PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 2:21 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: In front of Isengard with Merry, Pippin, and the Three Hunters, talking over recent adventures!

Jax Nova wrote:
Healic brings a good point of the emphasis it makes on Frodo's plight.

However, not to bash frodo but I almost feel like sam deserves it more than frodo.

I don't entirely agree. Everyone talks about how much more amazing Sam is than Frodo, bit really, let's appreciate Frodo for a second. What he did, no one else could have done. He took a burden far too big and heavy for him and faithfully struggled under it all the way to the very end. He could totally have given up and said, no I don't want this, but he kept going and persevered under impossible circumstances, and right there with him all the way was his faithful, loving friend, ready to support him and keep him going all the way. I don't think that either one of them deserved a happy ending more than the other: the endings were just in different places. Frodo, having been wounded deeply by all the horrible things he went through, could no longer enjoy ME as it was meant to be enjoyed, so he left for a place where he could truly be healed. Sam, on the other hand still had a very full life to live, and he lived to the fullest, only joining Frodo after his life was ready to end. They both actually had the same endings, one was just at a different time than the other.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 1:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

Frodo knew much more what it meant to bear the Ring (oops, this is the movie thread - never mind). But as of Cirith Ungol, Sam is the one driving the quest, supporting Frodo. He needed no deeper insight, he just knew he had to support his master (probably something hard for us - I include myself - to understand; it's a World War I era concept from England, the batman, as Sean Astin mentions in one of the movie appendices). So in a sense when Frodo took the Ring back from Sam (of course with the addict's nervous reactions) he saved Sam from its corrosive influence.

I quote from the chapter "Mount Doom": "As Frodo clung upon his back, arms loosely about his neck, legs clasped firmly under his arms, Sam staggered to his feet; and then to his amazement he felt the burden light. He had feared that he would have barely strength to lift his master alone, and beyond that he had expected to share in the dreadful weight of the accursed Ring. But it was not so. Whether because Frodo was so worn by his long pains, wound of knife, and venomous sting, and sorrow, fear, and homeless wandering, or because some gift of final strength was given to him, Sam lifted Frodo with no more difficulty than if he were carrying a Hobbit-child pig-a-back in some romp on the lawns or hayfields of the Shire."

Sam was now no longer the Ring-bearer. It was no longer his burden. Frodo had saved him from it, and left him free to return to a normal Shire life, with Rosie.