Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 3:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

eowyn wrote:
I wish they would of showed what happened to legolas and gimli, but atleast they kept to the story, and didn't have everyone going on that last ship from Grey Havens

I agree. I was wondering what happened to them, but that's okay cuz they had PLENTY of endings.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2005, 9:27 pm 

If you read the the appendices of RotK it will tell you what happened to every member of the Fellowship. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2005, 10:14 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

I wish the Shire would have been scoured in the film, like you got a glimpse of in the Mirror of Galadriel scene. I loved all the endings in the movie though! Very sad at the Grey Havens

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2005, 10:57 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Love the endings as it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2005, 8:35 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I thought that PJ handled the ending as well as he could. After all, the film already goes on for about half an hour after the main climax of the story (the destruction of Sauron and the Ring) has taken place. He had no choice other than to pare down the ending to an acceptable length.

While it would have been nice to see the events in the immediate aftermath - Aragorn's wedding, Theoden's funeral, Eowyn and Faramir's betrothal etc - I think that it would have been rather anticlimactic in the wake of the epic action that we had seen up to that point. It works in the books, but I really don't think that it would have translated well to film.

I am not sorry that the Scouring of the Shire was not shown. When I read that chapter in the book my first thought was - 'What was the point of that?'. It seemed totally pointless to bring the story to a conclusion, and then start it all back up again when the Hobbits reached the shire. I am glad that PJ brought Saruman's demise forward and left that out.

Having said all that, I would be interested to see the footage of the original epilogue that never made it to the screen - just to see PJ's take on the appendices.

Be alert - the world needs more lerts :guitar:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2005, 1:15 pm 

I really wanted to see the end of Legolas and Gimli, how they went to the caves in Helm's Deep and the Fangorn Forest. I'd also love to see Theoden't burry...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2005, 1:18 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

I think the movie should have ended with the ship disappearing into the horizon. I wasn't really prepared for the ending on what happened to Sam.

but this is just the view of a person who hasn't read the whole book series.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2005, 1:31 pm 

Lady Dark Moon wrote:
I think the movie should have ended with the ship disappearing into the horizon. I wasn't really prepared for the ending on what happened to Sam.

Yes nice idea for the end but the book ends with the return of Samwise and how the things continue after the end of all things, so it was the best idea to finish the movie the same way as the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 11:45 am 
Mageling
Mageling

lol I thought the ending was a bit too long.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2005, 6:19 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I agree Lady_Undomiel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2005, 3:27 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Furthermore, it's the end of the trilogy. It's a pity people can't appreciate all the endings. Very satisfying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2005, 1:19 pm 
Vala
Vala

I think that the ending was good. Definately not too many endings. I would have liked to see The Scouring of the Shire and what happened to Legolas/Gimli on the EE but it was good as it is.

I like the idea that some people gave about having an Appendices-style ending about what happens to everyone afterward. But on the other hand I'm happy that the last line of the movie was the last line of the book. It was a satisfying ending and if there was more endings some people would get annoyed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2005, 10:37 pm 

I thought the ending would've been PERFECT if it had ended with the ship going into the horizon. That would've been mind-blowing but I can understand why they wanted it to end like how it ended in the books. I mean, it's closing a huge trilogy that J.R.R. Tolkien spent 70% of his life, writing.

I would've REALLY liked them to show atleast that Frodo gave Sam, Bag-End. Like mention it to him while he was handing over the Red Book, "...the last pages are for you. As well as the rest of the days of Bag End."

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 15th, 2005, 6:27 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I really loved the grey Havens scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2006, 12:06 am 

Elenriel Greenleaf wrote:
I wished they added more to the ending but in an appendix style form. I would have loved them to add the full tale of Aragorn and Arwen like the book does and what happens to each member of the fellowship after the War of the Ring.

definately agree with you on that one

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2006, 11:37 am 
Maia
Maia

well, I would have loved way more (who can't get enough LotR?) But many people already complain about the reeeally long ending. Whatever, they just aren't as lucky as we are to appreciate the tales of Middle-Earth. :)

Thank you for five-plus wonderful years of obsession, friendship and fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next