Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 10:51 pm 
Elf
Elf

If we asked Tolkien he'd probably say, "Legolas? Who is Legolas? You've got the idiot surfind down stairways and using phrases like, 'Game over'!" :-D :blink:

Anyway...Legolas+a girl=weirdness. He is absentminded and rather random, not to mention independent. I can't see him settling down and marrying and raising a family, or even marrying and traveling. It just doens't work.

And if he isn't taken you can all fight over him as much as you want. ;)

~Extreme Evanescent~

~Claimed Elladan July 03, 2007~ :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2007, 12:01 pm 
Istari
Istari

I cant see him with a girl either. He would be so confused :P
And I bet there would be many riots if he did have a girl :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 5:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

Personaly speaking I really wish that they had given him a girl. I do not like it when they call poor Leggy gay (no offence meant). :( Plus I really think that he deserved to be loved. Now as most here know I am a Major shipper of LEowyn...(Legolas and Eowyn, once again no offence meant and please do not kill me...eek). However adding a new girl would be okay too. :-D I (as many others here) like to think that he found himself a woman in the Havens or that he had one waiting for him back in Mirkwood. (sighs) Since it was not orginaly written in the movies or the books though it does make room for writter(s) to create him one or make their own fanfiction with a ship with other allready established female characters (such as Eowyn... : :-D). So my vote is yes....give the Elf a girl! Just my opinion though.

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 8:08 pm 
Istari
Istari

^Drew's Destiny, it irks me when somebody calls Leggy gay too. Actually it irks me when somebody calls ANY of my beloved characters gay. :disgust: (which is basically everyone in LOTR, haha :-D ) Maybe he just wasn't the type to want a girlfriend, like Miriel said.

Pippin of Herenya's Line - "...give nothing back!"
Got fed up and eloped with Ragetti 1-3-08 :P
PHYLLIS, THE ANTI-SUSPIAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 9:39 am 
Elf
Elf

Drew's Destiny, who says he was NOT loved? That happens in one of my stories, but he is too distracted and absentminded like I said before to love girls that way. And that DEFINITELY DOESN'T mean he's gay! If he did, he would have liked Haldir, not Gimli, see?

~Extreme Evanescent~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 9:40 am 
Elf
Elf

Drew's Destiny, who says he was NOT loved? That happens in one of my stories, but he is too distracted and absentminded like I said before to love girls that way. And that DEFINITELY DOESN'T mean he's gay! If he did, he would have liked Haldir, not Gimli, see?

~Extreme Evanescent~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 10:05 am 
Istari
Istari

Anie Surion, I am glad that I am not alone in that. It is just that there was no evidence to prove that he was gay and since I am a fangirl...I am of the mind to so no (partialy because I like him lol).

Miriel, Well it was never mentioned in the books that he was loved. Really we learn near as little as possable about Legolas. I guess that there just was not enough room in the book or it was just not a book for him. Hmmm, I would have liked to read a book that centered on Legolas.
It is true that Tolkein may just have not mentioned it and I like to think that that is what happened. It is also very possable that a girl did love him and he was just too absent minded/and/or distracted as you said. However personaly I think that a smart elf like Legolas would have picked up on the fact that said girl liked him eventualy though.
Very true. I do not think that he was gay either. Just my opinion though (and once again no offence meant)

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 5:45 pm 
Elf
Elf

quote: Miriel, Well it was never mentioned in the books that he was loved. Really we learn near as little as possable about Legolas. I guess that there just was not enough room in the book or it was just not a book for him. Hmmm, I would have liked to read a book that centered on Legolas.
It is true that Tolkein may just have not mentioned it and I like to think that that is what happened. It is also very possable that a girl did love him and he was just too absent minded/and/or distracted as you said. However personaly I think that a smart elf like Legolas would have picked up on the fact that said girl liked him eventualy though. quote:

Speaking of absent-mindedness, I obviously had a case of it when I made that post! :duh: I KNOW it was never mentioned in the books, that's what I mean. Alot of Legolas' life is not in the books because it didn't have much to do with the story of the ring. That's why I said somebody might have loved him.

As for him not picking up on it, well, I SAID absentminded, but what I really meant was-well, there's something about him that we can't explain. He is really in love with the trees, and the sea, so that if a girl looked at him a certain way or something, he probably wouldn't give her the time of day, romantically speaking. However, if a girl was literally chasing him, and told him she loved him...I agree, he would know it, and deal with it probably the same way Aragorn dealt with Eowyn.

Not that I would want any of that to happen, I just brought it up because you said he deserved to be loved. :bye:

~Extreme Evanescent~

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 19th, 2007, 8:22 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I so sorry that Frodo has sailed into the west.There was a time when I could'nt understand that thing.It's such a bittersweet ending.It's such a moving scene,and if I had the chance I'd change this sad end to a happy one.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 5:28 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Maybe there was someone in Mirkwood who liked him...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 12:41 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Book-wise i'm sure he had a girl... thank heavens they didn't do anything like that in the movie. It would have been too much like a soap opera.

Hehe...LOTR as a soap opera...that's a scary thought.

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls"
~C.S. Lewis

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2007, 9:11 pm 
Istari
Istari

^ "Welcome back to the latest episode of 'As Middle-earth Turns'..." :roll: :laugh: :P

Pippin of Herenya's Line - "...give nothing back!"
Got fed up and eloped with Ragetti 1-3-08 :P
PHYLLIS, THE ANTI-SUSPIAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 16th, 2007, 8:15 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

^^LOL,good one, Anie. :laughbounce: :jump: :laugh: :lol: :roll: :roflmao:

Anyway,it also irks me when they say that any character who isn't homosexual it is
(Not only with LOTR,with everything!:Pirates,Star Wars,Harry Potter(and NOT the Dumbledore business;Harry/Draco,blegh :yuck:

Somebody must get down with Slash! Those yaoi/yuri fans are ruining everything!

Somebody here agrees with me?

Well,back to topic:I'm half and half,maybe in the book,after the war of the ring,he found a girl.
If they put him with a girl in the movies,all his fans would be soo mad,
I can think they talked about killing the girl and at the same time kidnapping Legolas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 8th, 2007, 3:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Well, there's our little world of fanfic that will help cure the problem!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 3:44 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Eä wrote:
Ohh come on... what, are you turning Valinor into a romantic dating haven where love sick elves flock to find the love of their eternal life, lol.

XD XD that is funny. Like eharmony for the elves of Valinor or something.

I read a fanfic where the author said something about Legolas being chaste... I don't know where that information was obtained (or if it was credible). I'm not sure how it would work out, since you'd think eventually he'd need an heir because he's prince of Mirkwood. But I don't think he ever has a girl in Arda. He sails away with Gimli to Valinor. Maybe he meets a nice she-elf there.

And I refuse to believe Legolas is gay. It just wouldn't be fair.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2008, 11:01 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

But Legolas HAS lovers. What about all the fangirls following him? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next