Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 165  Next
 Post subject: ~Her Beastly Protecter~
PostPosted: December 30th, 2010, 4:41 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

<center> A Medieval Fantasy RP
Created by Misa and Elen

[font= Monotype Corsiva, monospace]Remember I will still be here. As long as you hold me, in your memory...[/font]</center>

In a time now living only in the memories of the few, a time of magic and chaos where love and war bleed both the body and the spirit, a young noble woman (Rosalina) flees from her home to a loveless to marriage to a much older man whose cruelly knew no bounds. With her is her faithful bodyguard, her personal protector (Darius Alexander Duprey), a mythical creature who guarded her as a child and whose feelings have grown for the noble woman over the years. Together the pair travel under the cover of darkness to the local village, Andestea, in the hopes of alluding discovery and capture.
Meanwhile, all is not well within the village of Andestea. The headmaster has grown old and weary of the constant strife against the bandits. He heavily taxes the people and most live in poverty. Now he seeks only to marry his beloved daughter (Calista Rose McKnight) and only child to the headmaster's son of a powering neighbor village and link their two villages forever. Yet, much to his disapproval, the affections of his gentle daughter have been won by her bodyguard and mentor, a mage (Gareth William Duprey) that had been personally handpicked to teach the young girl. In an attempt to separate the two lovers, the headmaster sends the mage off on a scouting mission while planning to send his daughter to the neighboring village.
Unbeknowest to the traveling couple of the turmoil within the village, they arrive just as Gareth is bidding Calista a short farewell. Yet lurking in the shadows lies a far deadlier enemy: bandits waiting for the moment to strike...

Characters (for character bios click here)
Rosalina
Darius Alexander Griffith
Calista Rose Fox
Gareth William Duprey
Drake
Russell
A group of rescuers
A group of bandits

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on February 17th, 2011, 3:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2010, 5:18 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina shifted the pack on her back, she was not used to carrying such heavy burdens, and the cloak she wore, warm and keeping her hidden, was also thick and did not help her movements. But she to leave home, she had to. To marry the man her father wished her too . . .

"Darius, do you think we will find a place to spend this night?" she asked, Her brown hair falling into her face, hanging into her warm brown eyes. "I do not think I will be able to walk much longer." She said, they had left by foot, a missing horse would be trackable, as would any ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2010, 5:47 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Glancing up ahead, Darius sniffed at the air briefly, making sure there were no intruders. Though he was in his human form, his senses were much more astute than the average mortal. "There is a cave in the distance, my lady" Darius remarked softly as he turned to gaze down upon Rosalina, concern in his eyes. "We can rest there if you wish, my dearest Ro," he added, forgetting all propriety for a moment and addressing her by the affectionate pet name he had given her. "Here, hand me your pack. I can carry the both of ours without and difficulty," he offered to her next before leaning forward to kiss her lightly on her forehead. "On second thought," he began. "I do not smell any other presence here. I can morph into my true form and carry you and our baggage without trouble."
------------------------------------------------------------
"Must you truly leave tomorrow?" Calista asked Gareth as he sat with her in her bedroom which was lighted only by the tiny flame on a flickering candle.
"I must my fairest Rose," Gareth remarked, calling her by her middle name as he reached out and gently tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.
"But why?"
"Your father commands it. It is my duty to obey his wishes."
Sighing softly, Calista lowered her chin and stared at her hands folded in her lap. She hated the situation but was not one to protest, knowing that doing so was unbecoming of a well-bred daughter.
Smirking Gareth gently raised her chin so that he could look into her eyes. "Can father not send someone else? I need you here," she finally whispered.
Chuckling softly, Gareth shook his head before gently caressing her cheek. "I will return before you know it. Nothing can keep me from you."
"Do you promise?" Calista asked him a bit meekly.
"I promise. And my dear lady" he began as he took her hand gently and kissed the back of it. "I need you tonight."

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2010, 7:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina smiled at him. "Dary?" She asked, using the nickname she had bestowed upon him when she was a child. "Are you sure that is wise? My father's men may be able to find your tracks and follow." She looked at him, his blue eyes gazing at her. "But if you think it to be for the best." She smiled again, the smile not being as bright as it had been. The time she had spent with her intended, time that gave her cause to run, had been harsh on her. She had experienced only a sample of what being the mans wife would have been like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2010, 10:06 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"You leave those men to me," Darius told Rosalina softly as he gave her a gentle smile. "And they may see my prints now, but they won't once I take to the sky," he added with a small smirk. "Besides Ro, you are worn and need to rest," Darius added gently, his blue eyes filled with concern for her. He did not miss the fact that her smile was no longer as bright as it once was. He saw how cruel the man had been toward her and it took all within him not kill her betrothed himself. Had he been in the man's position, he would never have treated her in such a manner. Nor could he bring himself to be harsh to her now, not when she alone held his heart. Morphing into a hybrid lion and dragon he then glanced back at Rosalina, urging her with his eyes and nudge of his head to mount him.
Giving Gareth a small smile, Calista rested her head against his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around her and cradled her close. "I don't know what father was thinking. Others can scout the terrains. You are the best defender we have. We need you here."
"Don't worry your pretty head over it. I promise you, this mission will be short. And then you and you alone shall have my attention," Gareth remarked with a charming smile.
Chuckling, Calista just gazed up into his deep hazel-green eyes---eyes that she found herself constantly getting lost in. "I will hold you to your word, Garry," she whispered with a small smile as she addressed him by one of the pet names she called him as a child when she could not say his name.
"Then I will do all in my power not to disappoint you," Gareth murmured before planting a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on February 8th, 2011, 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2010, 10:54 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina sighed smiling. "You truly are stubborn." She said as she climbed onto the beast he had become, placing her pack infront of her, and held on to his mane as he took off. She leaded forward, and as she kissed his head, she thanked him softly. It had been Darius, and Darius alone, that kept her from loosing herself and giving into the sadness her betrothed drove into her. Darius meant the world to her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2010, 11:12 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

A smirk crossing his beastly face, Darius chuckled inwardly as she called him stubborn. He was not one to take no for an answer, especially if the well-being of his lady love was at stake. As Rosalina wound her fingers through his mane, he just smiled as she kissed his head and thanked him softly. All he wanted to do was to keep her safe and treat her as the queen she was to him. He loved her like a daughter when she was a child and as she grew to womanhood, he found himself developing romantic feelings for the young woman. Flying easily through the air, he made sure to keep the flight as pleasant as possible for his noble passenger.
Some short time later, he landed in front of a large cave and waited for her to dismount if she wanted to rest there for the night. If not, he was willing to fly them directly to Andestea.
Raising a hand to her face to stifle a yawn, Calista just gave Gareth a somewhat sleepy smile. Smirking down upon her, Gareth laid her down before kissing her forehead again. "Get some rest, my dear Rose. You need it," he whispered before tucking her in and turned to go and take his guard position at her door.
"You should rest too, my dear mage. You have a long journey tomorrow."
"It is my duty to see that you are safe and comfortable."
"Then I relieve you from your post. Though I will not object if you decide to be my companion for the night," she added with a gentle smile. She knew that such an offer to a man could be a dangerous thing and had never invited a man to share her bed even though they may not become intimate, but she trusted Gareth with her life. He had never harmed her before, and she had faith that he would not now. Besides he had always held her when she was a child and could not sleep, why should it be different now that she was a woman?
"Get some rest," Gareth told her softly as he moved to sit at her side.

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on January 6th, 2011, 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2010, 11:24 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina smiled as she saw the cave and yawned. "I think we should rest for this night. I know that if I attempted to continue riding, I would fall as soon as sleep took me." She said as she slowly got of Darius, almost falling over asleep. Rosalina hadn't realised how tired she was until they had landed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 2:37 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Nodding his lion head in acknowledgement to her words, Darius quickly morphed back into human form. Scooping her up in his arms as she nearly fell over, he headed toward the caves, planning to get the rest of their baggage as soon as he set her down. Finding a suitable spot for her to rest, he gently set Rosalina down and gave her a gentle smile. "Get some rest. We will continue our journey tomorrow," he said softly before turning to get their baggage.
"Good night, Gareth," Calista whispered, sleep in her voice as she wrapped the blanket tighter about her.
"Rest well, Calista." Gareth remarked with a tender smile before kissing her forehead lightly again as her eyes fluttered close. Smiling as he watched her breathing slowly even out, he knew that she was asleep. Turning his attention from her then, he let his mind wander back several years ago when he had nearly failed her---when she had nearly been consumed by a man's lust---all because of a stupid game. Turning his attention back on her sleeping form again, a soft smile traced his lips. She looked so peaceful at rest, untouched by any worldly cares. Reaching out then, he lightly brushed a strand of blonde hair back from her face. "I'm sorry," he whispered to her sleeping form before turning away again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 2:45 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina smiled, thanking him as she closed her eyes and let sleep take her. She knew she could trust in him to keep her safe, to make sure she got the rest she needed, and that he would protect her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 3:01 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Bringing in their baggage, Darius smiled to see Rosalina asleep. She needed the rest after everything she had been through. Pulling out a blanket from one of their bags, he gently covered her with it before placing a tender kiss on her forehead. Just sleep, Darius thought to himself. I will be sure that nothing will ever hurt you again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Get off of me!" Calista screamed as she found herself flat on her back, pinned below the man's girth.
"Shh. This won't be painful" he whispered in her ear, causing a shiver to pass through Calista's spine as hair from his beard tickled her skin. She struggled beneath him but it was all in vain. The harder she fought the harder his grip on her became until she could do little more than scream as tears of fear streaked down her cheeks...

"Calista, wake up!" Gareth said softly as he gently shook her. He heard her cry out in her sleep, nor were the tears staining her pale cheeks lost upon him.
Eyes snapping open at his voice, Calista grabbed him with all the strength in her delicate frame before burying her face in his chest and sobbed.
A bit surprised at her sudden outburst, Gareth quickly wrapped his arms around her and rubbed his hands up and down her back in a comforting manner. "It's all right, Calista. You're safe and I'm here," he whispered to her as she clung tightly to him.

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on January 3rd, 2011, 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 3:14 am 
Maia
Maia

Soon morning came and Rosalina opened her eyes to see the sun trhoug the trees near the mouth of the cave. Tentalivly she reached to her eyes and felt the tears that built there. She had been dreaming of him again, the man who almost caused her to take her own life, well she dreamt of the moment she was about to before she had stopped her self. It was something she had sworne never to tell Darius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 3:32 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Already up, Darius was making breakfast for the two of them before they had to continue on their journey again. Hearing her stir, Darius turned to give her a warm smile. "Good morning, Ro," he told her softly. Noticing the tears on her cheeks, a slight frown spread over his face. "Ro, what's wrong?" he asked her softly, concern in his blue eyes.
Stirring softly as light penetrated into her chambers and crept under her eyes, Calista yawned once before her eyes slowly fluttered open. Moving slightly, she smiled to find herself still in Gareth's arms, the mage asleep next to her. She knew that he did not get much rest that night, because of her. After he finally managed to pry what had terrified her so, she could easily see the guilt written on his face. Even after these years had passed he still blamed himself for what happened, though she did not. He could not protect her every moment of the day. He needed time for himself as well. What happened was the result of terrible luck---nothing more. Kissing his cheek lightly, she gently disentangled herself from his arms before smoothing out her simple light blue cotton dress and headed to the main room to start breakfast. She knew her father would be disappointed that Gareth had spent the night in her room even though nothing happened between them. But he brought her a comfort that no one else could. Was it so wrong for her to desire his company when all he did was protect her and care for her?

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on January 3rd, 2011, 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 3:37 am 
Maia
Maia

"A dream. Thats all it was." Rosalina told him, shamed she had been caught. She gave Darius a smile as she joined him by the fire. "I'm sorry I worry you." she confessed, she truely was sorry, thats why she knew she could never tell him about that day, those moments. It would pain him to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 3:53 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"Come on Ro," Darius told her softly. "What is it? I know you better than this. It was more than just a bad dream," he added gently as he turned his attention back to the fire and held a piece of meat over it. If he was to take a guess, he would hazard that her dreams were being haunted by her betrothed, although he remained silent for a moment as he continued to cook the meat.
Finally waking, Gareth groaned softly as he opened his eyes. Finding Calista no longer by his side, he quickly jumped out of the bed and headed to the main room of the house, not caring that his tunic was rumpled. Finding her cooking over a fire, a small smile traced Gareth's lips. "Good morning dear Rose. Leaving me so soon?" he teased.
Chuckling Calista turned and gave him a small smile. "I didn't want to disturb you after the hard night I put you through," she said softly. "Besides, I wanted to make a special breakfast before your mission, in the hopes you will return sooner."

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 4:04 am 
Maia
Maia

"Just memories." She said, and looking into the fire she replayed it in her head, in the dream she had gone through with it. As she looked into the fire, she, with out realising it, murmered just that, that she had gone through with it. And just saying it, made her eyes tear more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 165  Next