Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 165  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 3:54 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Smiling as Rosalina hugged him, Darius quickly returned her embrace. "You are welcome Ro," he said softly. "And you are the most important person to me as well," he said softly. "Now, my dear, are you hungry?" he asked her as he turned his attention back to preparing their meal.
------------------------------------------------------------
"Calista, what is it?" Gareth asked her as he caressed her face lightly. "Something is troubling you sweet maiden. I can see it in your eyes."
"It's nothing. Just some stupid meddlesome fears," she remarked with a shake of her head.
Chuckling Gareth just pulled her close to him and held her in a warm embrace. "I think it is sweet of you to be concerned, but you should not worry so much, it causes you to frown too much and I would rather see you smile," he added as he pulled back slightly and tilted her chin up to his face.
Chuckling lightly, Calista gave him a gentle smile, her love for him shining in her eyes.
"There, that's better," Gareth remarked as he tenderly caressed her cheek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 4:00 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded and sat beside Darius, leaning her head on his shoulder. "I wish it could be the two of us forever." she said absentmindly. It was true, ever since she met Darius she never wanted to leave his side unless she had to. And he was always there for her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 4:21 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Finishing up with the meal, Darius served Rosalina first before serving himself. "So do I," he replied to her absentminded statement, smiling as she placed her head against his shoulder. "But unfortunately we cannot stay here for long. The village of Andestea is not far from here. We may be able to rest there for awhile before setting out again to find somewhere a bit more secluded," he remarked gently.
Knowing that he had to leave, Gareth reached for her hand and raising it to his lips, gently kissed her knuckles. "Do not worry, dear maiden. I shall return. For I have something to come back to, you." he said softly.
Hearing his words, it took everything within Calista not to scream out what her father wanted to do---an action which she thought would doom them both.
"Just try to stay out of trouble while I am gone," he teased her, wanting to keep the mood light.
Chuckling in spite of herself, Calista just gave him a tender smile. "Well you had better hurry back since I can never seem to stay out of trouble for long," she joked back a bit half-heartedly. Giving her one last smile and a small salute, Gareth turned to go.
"Gareth, wait." Calista called out to him. As he paused, she quickly rushed into his arms and standing on tip-toe, she wrapped her arms tightly about his neck and captured his lips with hers in a passionate kiss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 4:31 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded. "Darius?" She spoke, having him turn to her, she gave him a small kiss on the lips. "Thank you for giving me reason to live." she said with a small smile again, a light blush in her cheeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 4:55 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Turning toward her as she spoke his name, Darius was surprised when she kissed him lightly on the lips. "You are welcome," he told her softly, glad to at least see her smile after her tears. Finding her blush attractive, Darius leaned forward and kissed her lightly on the lips. "You are my everything, Ro. Never forget that," he said softly after pulling back.
Shocked at her actions, it took a moment for Gareth to respond. He had never expected her to kiss him as she did. She had always been a mild child who grew into a docile woman. Pulling her closer to him, he returned her kiss just as passionately as he explored every inch of her mouth as she did his. After a few moments, Calista had to draw back due to need to breathe. Suddenly realizing what she had done and how impulsive she had been, Calista felt her face flush crimson as she averted her gaze in embarrassment. "Oh, I'm sorry," she murmured, not sure what Gareth must think of her now.
Finding the moment rather amusing, Gareth could not help but laugh. "My dear lady, there is no need to apologize," he remarked with a charming smile. "You have just given me all the more reason to hurry back to you," he added, his grin widening as her blush deepened. Leaning forward, he kissed her once more before pulling back.
"Stay safe, my mage. May the heavens guard you well," Calista whispered as he turned to leave once more.
"Take care, sweetest maiden. And let the heavens shield thee while I am away," he remarked. He wanted to tell her that he loved her, yet he found that the words caught in his throat and would not dislodge themselves. All he could do was hope that she understood that his 'take care' truly meant 'I love you'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 5:17 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina blushed again as Darius kissed her before she finished her food, not realising how hungrey she was. "We should douse the fire before moving on."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 5:29 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Smirking at Rosalina's blush, Darius did not make a comment as he finished his meal. "Yes, we should," he agreed. Making sure she was off to the side, Darius then morphed into his lion form and kicked enough dirt on the fire until it was out. Changing back into his human form, he turned toward her. "Ready to depart?" he asked her.
Watching as he used the wind to carry him away, Calista could only sigh, her heart heavy. She wanted to tell him of her father's plans for her, but couldn't knowing that he may do something reckless or be so distracted in his mission that he ended up getting himself killed. "Farewell, my love" she whispered to the air when he disappeared from sight as she absentmindedly raised a hand to her lips and traced them with her fingers, the memory of Gareth's lips upon hers forever burned in her mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 5:34 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded. "Yes." she said as she gathered the bags and mounted Darius again. "I just hope they would have place for us to stay." She said as she held onto his mane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 5:49 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

In his hybrid dragon lion form, Darius merely nodded as he took to the skies. Flying with ease he arrived quickly to the outer edge of Andestea . Waiting for Rosalina to dismount, Darius just kept his sharp eyes fixed upon the village, not planning on going in until he was in his human form.
-----------------------------------------------------------
A loud crashing in the room snapped Calista from her musings. "Did I truly raise such an unscrupulous woman?" Daniel thundered as he hobbled into the room, a large wooden stick in his aged hand.
"Father-" Calista began.
"How could you? Kiss that mage of all things."
"He is not a thing, father." Calista said a bit meekly, her quiet voice barely audible. "And I love him," she added.
"Love him? LOVE HIM?" Daniel thundered. "It will do you well to remove him from your thoughts for he is not for you. Do I truly have a strumpet for a daughter?" he cried, causing Calista to wince at the word strumpet.
"Father-please.."
"Silence girl!" he commanded as he hit her with the stick, causing her to wince slightly as tears came to her eyes as she sank to her knees, but she said nothing more, merely taking whatever blows he wished to inflict on her. After hitting her several more times, Daniel tossed the stick aside and raised his head toward the sky. "Heavens, remove this thing---this willful, disobedient girl--- from my life by whatever means necessary," he huffed before turning away from her with anger in his aged step.

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on January 6th, 2011, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 6:04 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina dismounted and gathered the bags again. She sighed. "We are close Dary, close to being free." she looked at him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 3:51 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Morphing back into his human form, Darius simply smiled down at her. "Yes, we are," he said softly before planting a gentle kiss on the top of her head. "Shall we, my dear?" he asked her, holding his arm out for her to take.
Lowering her head after her father left her alone yet again, Calista tried to stop her tears that threatened to flow once again, but could not do so. Now, she could only weep softly as her fingers dug into the rough floor. After some long moments, she finally pushed herself to her feet and headed outside to gather small stones. Over the years, she and Gareth had developed a secret code that no one else could understand. She could use the stones to leave her final message for him when he returned and she was gone, joined forever to a man she knew nothing of.

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on January 6th, 2011, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 5:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina took his arm, and hled it tightly as they walked into the town. Never had she seen such dwellings so close. Being a lords daughter she stayed in the castle keep unless she was driven by coach. "This place seems so humble." She commented as she looked around in amazment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 5:17 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Smiling as Rosalina took his arm, Darius chuckled lightly at her comment as he scanned their surroundings. As they walked past, the villagers eyed them curiously. Ever since their headmaster had started to tax them heavily, they looked upon all strangers with suspicion. They had once loved their village leader until he suddenly grew hard after years of raids. His only child and daughter, however, they all still adored. Many a time with Gareth's aid, she had snuck out from her father's house-the largest and most opulent in the village though still very humble by a lord's standards-in order to sneak food and a few coins to many of the families to prevent starvation. Though she could not offer much, the villagers appreciated her efforts nonetheless, understanding the risk and sacrifice that she was making in taking food from her own home and giving away a portion of the money her father allowed her, which was not very much. It had been for her sake that they had resisted the urge to rebel though they would have loved nothing more than to be ruled by Gareth and Calista.
"Well, many things must look humble after living in a castle," Darius remarked quietly, noticing the stares they were getting from the people. Something is not right, he thought to himself though he did not voice it aloud. I sense much pain here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 7:47 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded. "Do you think they would help us until we moved on. I don't wish to be rude and over stay my welcome." She told Darius, but noted the look on his face. "Is there something wrong?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 11:35 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"They may offer some aid," Darius remarked as they continued to walk through the village. "We will need to talk with the headmaster and see," he added with a small shrug. Hearing Rosalina's question, Darius sighed to himself. "I am not too sure, but I can sense much pain here. I can see it in their stares," he remarked quietly. Which means we may not have a very warm welcome, he thought to himself though he did not voice his thoughts aloud.
After gathering the small stones and pebbles, Calista slipped them into the pocket of her plain blue cotton dress before deciding to work on the patch of land outside their home, wanting to put off getting ready to leave for as long as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 11:48 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded. "Alright, where would he live?" she asked, her training of how to meet leaders kicked in, as it had become nature to her. "Should we hide who we really are?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 165  Next