Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Those that Watch Us from Above
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 1:04 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Throughout time, there have been moments where the human race faced a threat so vast and so terrible that it is forced to call upon unique individuals to defend humans from extinction. Often these individuals possess great powers and skills that allowed them to combat these threats so horrible and so unknown. Equally unknown is the existence of these individuals. They appear at the moment of crisis, only to disappear once the storm has passed. But the human race, oblivious and ignorant, spared no attention as it continued to live on borrowed time. Now in the year 2013, the human race once again faces such a threat.

Entire towns have vanished, their inhabitants seemingly completely erased from existence. The first of such towns was an American town in the state of Florida by the name of Port Daytona. On the 4th of March, 2012, a population of five thousand appeared to have disappeared from their homes, leaving an eerie ghost town behind. Men, women, children. The human authorities were bewildered by this, compounded as more and more towns disappeared. Then on the 31st of December, the good people of Port Daytona appeared in the capital of the United States. All five thousands. However, far from being a glorious happy event, the returned people were afflicted with an insanity that compelled them to attack any human on site. It was only until the last resident was killed did the attack cease, leaving over seven thousand humans dead or wounded, not including the townspeople.

The human leaders, understandably frightened by the attack on Washington, D.C., began preparations to stem the fall of the nations into chaos. Meanwhile, certain beings hidden away from the view of the world understood the meaning of the attack, and even more knew what was to come. They have begun awakening those chosen to defend the human race once more. Those that have lived their lives oblivious to the destiny that awaited by powers above.

Would You Kindly...
Good evening and welcome to this RP. If the story enticed you and you wish to take part in this grand adventure, then here are some rules and guidelines.

You will be playing as one of the Chosen, certain individuals not quite human who have been endowed with seemingly supernatural powers from mysterious origins. As the Chosen, what you can do is limited only by your imagination. However your powers have been stunted so you may not be tempted to give into darker desires. Desires outside from the purpose you have been Chosen for.

Your actions, your thoughts, your words are to be described extensively. A minimum of a paragraph is sufficient for that task.

Human technology has not advanced much since you've lasted imagined. The Chosen do not possess unusual or advanced technology, save one, only powers and skills.

If you continue to wish to take part, kindly fill this form out, describing your character. And we will be able to begin shortly.

Name: The human name given to you
Personality: The personality carefully weaved from your birth through out your human life
Appearance: The human appearance you have taken
Your "Talents": The powers and skills imbued to you
Previous Human Occupation: The job you had taken before the Moment
Residence: Where you was currently living

You may play up to two Chosen. However if you are capable of playing more, once time has passed on, you will be allowed to.

<center>The Chosen
Olivia Bennett
Emily Collins
Gabriel Clark
Rose Belikova
Kenneth Khabinsky
Hunter Miller
</center>

Our story begins with The Moment, the event where those Chosen are given the memories that reveal their powers and their purpose. These memories have lain dormant since birth until this event and give them innate control and manipulation of their powers. However, the initial personality of the Chosen remain intact. The gathering place of the Chosen has been decided and shall be Toronto, Canada.

Last edited by Caunion cyn Britannia on February 10th, 2011, 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 1:36 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Name: Olivia Bennett
Personality: Extremely no-nonsense and practical. Described as cold, detached and aloof. Manipulative, often finding ways to twist circumstances to her favour. Prefers to work through people but certainly not afraid to get her hands dirty. Has a relaxed stance on morality. Mostly rational, rarely indulges in emotions even at moments of extreme crisis.
Appearance: http://yvonnestrahovskiweb.com/gallery/ ... 6/0099.jpg
Your "Talents": Psychokinesis - in essence the ability to move objects, communicate and control humans with your mind.
Previous Human Occupation: Administrator of Police Nationale
Residence: Lyon, France

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 2:31 am 
Vala
Vala

Name: Emily Collins
Personality: Low key and passive. She is intuitive and prefers to "go with the flow" rather than fight her way against the current. She is adapts rather easily to change but is shy has trouble conversing with strangers. She thinks more than she speaks and considers the quote "Its better to stay silent and be thought the fool rather than speak and remove all doubt" her personal mantra.
Appearance: http://clutchmagonline.com/wp-content/u ... dfe3e9.jpg
Your "Talent": Shape shifting
Previous Human Occupation: Horse trainer/riding instructor
Residence: Chicago Illinois, USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 8:29 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

Name: Julius Dagen
Personality: to be decided
Appearance: http://www.waltersandsons.com/images/OfficeMan.jpg
Your "Talents": can hear/see through walls
Previous Human Occupation: Assistant Director of an Important Department in an Orange Juice Company
Residence: Suburbia, Tennessee

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 10:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

((may I ask, how many lines would you consider a paragraph. I usually write what I think is a paragraph, but when it is posted, it looks shorter.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 2:14 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

It's really up to you. Probably ohhh...two hundred words? Give or take.

We shall begin Friday to see if anyone else is interested.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 2:18 am 
Maia
Maia

((ok, I will see if I join or not.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2011, 10:36 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Second Chosen

Name: Gabriel Clark
Personality: Sociopathic, severe case of anti-social personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder. Extremely manipulative, plays on emotions and feelings in his victims. Prone to engaging random acts of violence. Takes great joy in personally spreading misery.
Appearance: http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 4-2560.jpg
Your "Talents": Illusions
Previous Human Occupation: Former student, prisoner.
Residence: Rochester, United Kingdom

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2011, 9:58 pm 
Maia
Maia

Name: Rose Belikova
Personality: She is currently recovering from a depression. Rose is known for her cheerful personality and her love of hugs but her excellent social skills prevents her from having one or two very CLOSE friends, hence her continuing to distance herself further and further from those in her grade.
Appearance: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5ZTeWju8wD0/S ... e+Girl.jpg
Your "Talents": Air Manipulation
Previous Human Occupation: 1st year University student in Canada
Residence: Derry City, Northern Ireland

(Mind if I join? Is my bio okay?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2011, 11:30 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

That's fine!

Okay we shall be beginning now.

Olivia Bennett woke up, her eyes opening quickly and her mind regretting that decision almost immediately. Her sensory nerves however soon recovered from the initial shock and she was able to get up from her bed with little worry, putting her glasses on. She was quite aware that she was different from the other people, with the superficial thoughts of the tenants passing through her head. She disregarded them though, tuning them out until it was something akin to white noise. In any case, she couldn't be bothered by them. Her boss had assigned her to a special case in Toronto, Canada, if she remembered correctly. She confessed, she hadn't been on an assignment like this so she was rather excited.

Much to her distress, though, she hadn't packed. Opening her drawers, she concentrated on the trolley case and summoned it to her. She then quickly retrieved some clothes and threw them in a case, snapping it shut when she found what she needed. In terms of clothes, that is. She would need people. Good reliable people.

<center>-------------------------</center>

The rude loud chorus of the inmates surrounded, battering his ears, until he simply wished they would all just shut UP. Gabriel Clark knew he didn't have to be here. He couldn't stay here. He had somewhere to go. Toronto, Canada. A normal insignificant human would have no idea to escape this hellhole and get to Toronto with a triple murder charge. But he wasn't a normal insignificant human.

As the prison officer unlocked the door to allow him to join the line for breakfast, Gabriel grabbed his arm, tightening his grip around it like a python. "Get off, you..." growled the officer when he suddenly stopped, his pupils widening and his words strangled in his throat. Gabriel loved this bit, he did. Enjoyed it ever since he found out about it. He left the officer inside his cell, locking it behind him. He then formed an illusion in his mind, an uniform much like the prison officer who was now writhing, trapped in his hallucination. From there, Gabriel pushed the illusion out of his mind, converting the mental image into a physical image. One that would allow him to escape. What a glorious day today was going to be.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2011, 4:13 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rose Belikova awoke to find herself floating. 'Funny.' She thought. 'I don't remember falling asleep in the air...' However, the fact that her curtains were now threatening to float up to the point where she would been seen in the air among a number of floating items through the window distracted her. Shocked, she panicked, and with a thud, her various things landed. The thud was loud. Too loud. 'Yes.' Rose figured, 'Yes, it should be loud shouldn't it? I'll explain to the land-owner that I dropped something heavy. Yes. That's it. That's what I'll do.' With a yawn, she made her way to the washroom, though not before taking the moment to rub at the little scar on her wrist, still sore from last night's cutting. Behind her, there was a loud knocking at the door.

"What's going on in there?"

She took to respond, "Nothing! Everything's fine!" Rosa looked around with a panic at the chaotic mess.

"I thought I heard something in here! Let me in!!"

The accent was clearly Irish, though it was tinted with the familiar brogue of Derry City, it consisted mainly of the accent found down south in County Wicklow.

Rosa hesitated, frowned and made her decision. Eyes shut, palms facing the floor, she breathed.

Breathe in...breathe out...

The banging on her door continued and Rose clenched her fists in concentration. The furniture that she had toppled when she woke floated upwards before righting themselves. With a sigh, she gently turned her palms towards the floor again, letting the wind put the furniture in their rightful places. With an innocent smile, she opened the door, "Something wrong?" For now, the landlord was furious, proceeding to shout at the top of his voice, "I KNOW I HEARD SOMETHING IN THERE! YOU WERE DOING SOMETHING! I DON'T CARE WHAT IT WAS!! IF YOU'RE NOT OUT OF HERE WITH THE NEXT 2 DAYS, I'll KICK YOU OUT MYSELF!"

Rose could only manage her smile and it wasn't until she was sure he was gone, did she start crying. With a sigh, she gathered what she could, her laptop, her Iphone and the various cords that went with them, along with a suitcase filled to the top with everything else. 'Well...' she told herself sternly, 'Time to go.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 1:25 am 
Vala
Vala

The old Emily Collins would never have quite work on a whim. The Old Emily would never have abandoned her friends without so much as a word. The Old Emily wouldn't have packed up her car and taken a permanent trip to Canada. But she wasn't Old Emily, not any more. She was New Emily, full of brilliant, shining new thoughts and objectives. The New Emily had expanded inside Old Emily and pushed. Pushed and expanded until Old Emily was not much more than a wisp of being, a fragment of old memories, like a dream. New Emily was better. New Emily was shinier, like flashy new steel. New Emily had a driving urge to go to Toranto, and New Emily could change her shape into any animal.

Old Emily would have known that this was wrong. Normal people didn't wake up one morning "remembering" they were a shapeshifter and have a strong, innate drive to up and leave for a life long excursion to America's Hat.

She used to be normal. Even New Emily knew that. But she wasn't a normal human anymore. Old Emily had died with the surfacing of her powers.

But for all she tried, Emily couldn't make her New Emily persona all that different. She ran through all the crazy new happenings in her mind

New memories. Check

A uncontrollable urge to drive to Canada. Check

Super hero powers. Check.

Yeah, all that was pretty new.

But Old Emily kept popping her head through the clouds, shouting and yelling so loud Emily couldn't ignore it.

She was leaving her home, her job, her friends. She had made a life for herself. She may not have been rich, but she got by. And now she was leaving it all behind? Why was she leaving her friends? How would she explain it to them? There was no explanation for abandonment. She couldn't imagine facing them, trying to explain.

Old Emily and New Emily fought for control of the wheel. You don't have to go through with this Old Emily murmured softly. Just turn the wheel, head back. Its not too late. Its not too late at all. Nobody has to know That prospect sounded so inviting. Emily's arm twitched, but New Emily grabbed her with a vice like grip. New Emily was stronger, newer, flashier, right. New Emily would win every time.

Emily hated this. She hated knowing that she used to be normal, but was now not. She hated being halfway through a door, able to feel her previous memories and see her previous self, but also filled with a new persona. It petrified her. She wanted so badly to be able to step one way or another and shut the door behind her. She wanted to only be one person. But Old Emily had deep, deep roots, and New Emily had shiny steel claws that couldn't be pried out of her mind. Neither one was leaving.

Emily was terrified.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2011, 8:49 pm 
Maia
Maia

Within a number of hours, Rose found herself in Canada. Toronto to be exact. She was in Toronto, and lacking hugs. She was in Toronto and nervous. Last year, she would have already been finding herself a hotel and then after that, she would've been roller blading around the city. But that was before she slipped deeper into a depression. That was before people started politely refusing her hugs. But the hugs didn't matter anymore. She looked up thoughtfully at the planes outside, bored.

Bored...and rather frightened. She had never felt the urge to suddenly get up and leave. The only time she felt that was in the first few days before she left to go travelling, in the days before she finally settled in Ireland. Rose had never intended to leave Ireland, no intention to leave the friends that she had finally gained the respect of. No intention at all to leave the life she was just beginning to enjoy.

With a frown, she sat down and opened her laptop.

Day One, First Week of the first Month of my time here in Toronto, Canada.

This is on such short notice. I have never ever felt so urgent to leave such a comfortable life before. I had NO intention of leaving Ireland when I first arrived there. NO intention. The country and its people has given me much joy in the time that I have spent there and now I find I must leave that. The people that I have befriended there have given me much inspiration for the characters and places that I have configured out of the depths that is my imagination. I have no explanations for you right now as to why I am in Canada, so while I make an attempt to figure that out...

Goodbye.

See you Soon

She would be leaving her readers with nothing. But it was the truth. She knew nothing of why she left, except that she left and this urge could not be ignored.

What an interesting trip this would turn out to be.

Last edited by Nienna of Rohan on January 28th, 2011, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2011, 6:39 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Gabriel tugged on the collar of the new suit he had bought himself, pleased with the selection that he had chosen. There was no way he was going to go to Toronto dressed in those hideous smelly clothes, he had decided after he escaped and convinced a lorry driver to surrender his car for him. From there, he made it to a clothing store in London and promptly bought a well-fit suit. Sure it wasn't tailored but he could fix that when he had arrived and in any case, this sufficed for now. After that was a ticket to Toronto. First-class, of course. All paid courtesy to the credit cards he flinched from those silly yuppies.

And here he was, standing in the terminal, ticket in hand and freshly bought clothes in a new suitcase, and waiting for the blessed voice that would chime that would...oh there it was. "We are now boarding for the flight to Toronto at Gate 42. Please have your ticket ready to present." And here we go...

<center>--------------------------------------------------</center>

"Yes, ma mere, it does have something to do with Washington, DC," Olivia said through her phone as the private car drove through the streets of Lyon. "Oh, probably because the idiot Americans there couldn't figure it out." Not like some of the French were much better, she thought. "I don't know, the director just told me to go yesterday. Or maybe the day before. J'oublie. I'll try to make it in time for Edward's performance but I can't make any promise. It's two weeks from now, right? Anyway I need to go. Yes, yes, I love you, too. Aurevoir."

Mothers... she thought with a hint of annoyance as she hung up. Well, no matter. The plane was already waiting for her, waiting to bring her to her destiny.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2011, 10:02 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Is there room for one more?)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 25th, 2011, 1:28 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Of course we do!