Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Most Dangerous Game
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 5:28 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

You wake up. You're in a room that you've never been inside before, in a building you've never seen before, in a city you've never heard of before. In front of you is a small messenger bag, inside of which are food rations, two bottles of water, a map of the strange city, and a list of unfamiliar names. Directly behind it is a locker that you unlock with your palm to find a weapon of some sort. Around your neck is a metallic collar. You have the peculiar feeling that you shouldn't tamper with it and so instead you try to get out of the room. One problem. It's locked and there doesn't appear to be a place where you use a key.

Suddenly there's a voice. Female, severe, undetermined age. It's echoing through the room from a loudspeaker. "Alert, combatants. You have now been engaged in a Battle Royale. Your objective is to kill each other. Until you are the only one who survives. Your reward is your freedom and the safe return to your world. This city district is twenty square miles and will serve as your battlefield. The collars are there to ensure compliance. Attempts to leave the city perimetre marked by the spires will be punished by death. Attempts to leave through the underground will be punished by death. The locker contains your randomly assigned weapon. Retrieve it now. Mission begins in ninety seconds. Prepare to kill."

<center> -A Caunion Production- </center>

Hello and welcome to this RP. The basic premise is you are a fictional character from anywhere, seized from your world and placed in an unusual environment where you are forced to fight against strangers for your own survival. Some will give up but some will play. And only one will win. Would that be you?

Rules.
1. You must play one pair of one male characters and one female characters. You may play as many pairs as you wish but you must play the same amount of male and female characters.

2. Characters can be chosen from any work of fiction. However there are limitations to which characters you may use. Your character must fulfill the following requirements.
a. The physiology of your character must allow the ability to wear a collar and possess opposable thumbs.
b. Your character must be human or must be killed through traditional human means. Your character may be a vampire in that he feeds on blood and is stronger than some humans but he will be shot or stabbed.
c. Your character may not use magic.
d. Your character may not possess abilities or talents or powers deemed unsporting. The following powers are allowed for the game: enhanced senses, augmented physical characteristics (Nothing ridiculous or superhuman, simply a notch higher than normal humans), and invisibility (Note: The collar and weapons weld will remain visible regardless)
e. Your character begins wearing only clothes and the assigned weapon. All other personal objects such as weapons, armour, cell phones, or technological devices have been removed.
Final approval will be made at my discretion.

3. Upon selecting a character, you must classify your character into a class. This will act as a general standard of strengths and limitations.

4. As a tribute, you must submit at least one character that will be classified as a Redshirt class. This will provide targets for the other characters to attack. More Redshirt Class characters can be created.

5. Weapons have been carefully thought with much deliberation and range from a Mosin-Nagant rifle to a claw hammer to a paper fan. These weapons are randomly assigned to your character when you submit your characters and can be not altered.

6. Because of the nature of this RP, character deaths will occur. To kill a player character, you must first ask the controlling player for permission. If the player is not responsive for five days, you may proceed. This applies for even Red Shirt Classes.

7. Due to the nature of this RP, graphic violence may occur. Please be mindful of the sensitivities of others while also tolerant of others' actions.

8. Fill this application below to begin.

Character Name:
Name of the character.
Origination: Name of the book/film/television series/anime/comic book/video game
Class: Class chosen below
Picture: Image of your character
Special Talents: If necessary. Training does not count as a "special talent" nor does a class.

Classes.
The Redshirt – Basically you’re not going to make it for long. It may be after the first round, if you’re lucky, it’ll be until the second round before you die. Your sole existence in the game is to die. Eventually.

The Soldier – You’re not stranger to war and combat. You’ve trained for it, you’ve seen it, and you’ve taken part in it. You’re skilled in the weapons of your time and know the basic principles of fighting. You’re in good physical condition so short chases shouldn’t worry you nor should a little heavy lifting. They say you’re not really subtle but what do they know? Stealth is for pansies anyway.

The Assassin – There is a phrase that says “Walk soft but carry a big stick”. While you may not carry a big stick, you definitely fit the last part. No one notices you until it is far far far far far far too late. And by then, they’re already dead. On top of that, you have excellent senses, so you can spot your prey from a far distance. You might even have extraordinary accuracy, always hitting your target no matter how far or how small. Just…don’t let them catch you in the open. You’re not exactly built for man to man combat.

The Determinator – Nothing can bring you down. Not bullets, not knives, not clubs, not bombs. Nothing. Well, eventually you’ll die but not without a fight. You have unbelievable strength, taking an immense amount of punishment and dishing out even more. Sadly, however, you’re not much of a stealth person and while you can run a long distance…you can’t run really fast.

The Runner – Speed is everything for you. You run fast, you think fast, you just can’t ever stop running. Oh and you can run for a long while. You can even attack before running off again. However, you better hope you have an escape plan because if you’re cornered, all your speed means nothing.

The Blood Knight – Blood, chaos, death, and anarchy. You live for this and what better way to find it than in the battle field? You’re insane and you’re proud of it. When you fight, you fight with a certain viciousness that knows no bound. As a result, you’re stronger, faster, more determined. But you’re also more reckless and more vulnerable to counterattacks.

The Genius – Brawn doesn’t exactly mean anything to you. In fact, you enjoy going against people who rely on your strength. It makes the defeat all the more satisfying. You’re brilliant in almost everything or in a specific subject but whatever it is, there is no rival in that field for you. However, your physicality is of average condition and you may find yourself outmatched in a close range combat.

The Dancer – There is a certain elegance in your deadly moves. You usually fight unarmed but if you need a weapon, it’s always melee. You find this amusing because often you’re fighting against people twice or even three times your size yet it’s always them who end up lying dead or unconscious on the floor. Just try not to get hit because while you hit hard, you still weigh about a hundred pounds.

9. New Rule: No interaction between your own characters.

Let the games begin!

Last edited by Caunion cyn Britannia on February 28th, 2011, 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 1:09 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Character Name: Alice
Origination: Alice In Wonderland
Class: The Genius/The Redshirt
Picture: Image
Special Talents: Can withstand abrupt changes to her body.

=====

Character Name: Dante
Origination: Devil May Cry
Class: The Blood Knight
Special Talents: He sometimes goes through a "Devil Trigger" mode. In this state, Dante possesses greater superhuman strength, high speed and agility.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Last edited by Pandora on February 27th, 2011, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 2:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

I have a character, but I want to have her from when she is older (based after from the furture of what I would like to have happen after her show.) is that ok?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 3:54 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Misa: As long as it fits within the context of the story. For example, I don't want Alex from A Clockwork Orange growing up to be a space marine.

Pan: My only problem with Dante is that he'll have to be nerfed slightly. Superstrength in this game means he can lift a standard Japanese sedan about a foot off the ground, super speed means he sprint a 100 yards in seven seconds, agility means he can dodge knives and blunt objects faster. Basically, take what an athlete could do and slightly just slightly improve on it. If you're willing to accept that, that should be fine.

Ellie: You need a Redshirt character.

My characters.

Character Name: Jean-Baptiste Grenouille
Origination: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
Class: The Assassin/The Determinator
Special Talents: Immunity to pain, supernatural sense of smell

Character Name: Violet Baudelaire
Origination: A Series of Unfortunate Events
Class: The Genius
Special Talents: Field: Engineering/Chemistry/Physics

Character Name: Hugo Stiglitz
Origination: Inglourious Basterds
Class: The Blood Knight
Special Talents: None.

Character Name: Bella Swan
Origination: The Twilight Saga
Class: The Redshirt
Special Talents: None.

Last edited by Caunion cyn Britannia on February 26th, 2011, 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 4:03 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ok, one more question. Can my non redshirt (the person I mentioned.) have a her dog with her? as they would probely have been together when she was taken. I am unsure what your takes on pets are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 4:09 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I'm going to be the randomly assigned weapons. I can promise you this is completely random and if you don't get what you wanted, well tough. So thus far....

Commander Shepard: M1917 Enfield rifle
Richard Sharpe: M1911A1
Alice: Remington 870 shotgun
Dante: P220 Sport
Jean-Baptist Grenouille: Walther PPK
Violet Baudelaire: Claymore
Hugo Stiglitz: Blowgun with poison darts
Bella Swan: Frying pan

I've also saved the random sequence so as more characters join, I can assign them their weapons.

@Misa: No pets.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 4:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ok.

Character Name: Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV (Self named and calls her self Ed, or Radical Edward for short.).
Origination:Cowboy Bebop
Class: Genius
Picture: (age 13) http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=edbebop ... 24#/d7l7hy , (now) Her hair is the same, Still tanned skin, curves. Wears jeans, boots, a white tank, loose black tie, and a mans Trench coat. And goggles on her head.
Special Talents: Can hack into almost any computer.

Character Name: Prince Adam (human form)
Origination:Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Class: Red shirt
Picture:Will find picture later.
Special Talents: None

Last edited by Misa_Amane on February 26th, 2011, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 4:47 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Edward Wong: Desert Eagle
Prince Adam: Machete

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 4:52 pm 
Maia
Maia

I was wondering, can a person take items from those they have killed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 4:58 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Misa: Yes they can. Also, I did research on Edward. There's nothing to suggest she qualifies as an assassin. Please reconsider the class

As a general rule for people thinking of characters, it's really simple.

A. Can they wear a collar?
B. Can they hold a gun or a sword or a knife or a weapon?
C. If you shoot at them, are they going to get hit just like humans?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 5:09 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I don't mind at all. I figured I'd have to remodify Dante a bit since he does have enhanced abilities. I will of course downsize everything so he is a super athlete :)

Also I quite enjoy the fact that Bella has a frying pan and is a redshirt :D

One more thing. I love Alice's gun <3

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 5:34 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Okay. You don't have to completely nerf him. Just enough where the other guy has a chance ;)

There's also going to be times where the game gets bored and decide to unleash an army of Orcs or something on everyone. Those are even worse than Redshirts but there's like hundreds of them so....

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 5:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

I understand. But as I said, she is based after the show, and I didn't state it, I will when it comes up, but she learned to how to fight to be a bounty hunter. And Assasin is close to that. This older version knows hand to hand fighting and how to use a gun, plus she has always been agile and tends to pop up out of nowhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 6:00 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Well being a Genius doesn't exempt from you using a gun or anything. You're just not really good at it. I'm sorry, but unless you can show me actual scenes where she does some fighting or assassin-like actions, she'll have to be a Genius. She can still kill people, she just have to be creative about it.

Btw I have a feeling this will come up. No, she will not be allowed to have her computer.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 6:06 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ok, I changed it, and I know about the computer, but if she finds one in the city, she could use it right? Also, Her goggles help her hack, but they don't look it, they are useless without a computer. Are they still taken?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 6:29 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Oh, that will be answered in this page. Information regarding the city and the collars.

The city district that you will be fighting in is stylised and based on that of an American metropolitan area during the 1950s. The technology of the city is based off that time period. The citizens have evacuated the city, leaving no one behind. There are several office buildings, a shopping centre, several more apartments, a museum, several scores of restaurants, a park with a retention pond. There is a rapid transit system that goes through underground but the trains have been removed as well as any sort of motorised vehicle.

The collars are made of a strange metal alloy (admantium mixed with mithril and unobantium) and are waterproof and shockproof. Attempt to remove the collar or leave the boundaries of the game will cause the collar to explode. The explosion is triggered by radio signals that can penetrate underground as well. It monitors the vital signs of the person and is equipped with a microphone.

Misa: Personally I would strongly suggest you reconsider your character primarily because as a hacker from an undetermined time period fighting in a city modeled from the 1950s and forced to fight and kill, she does seem rather inept. If you can figure out a way to make it to work, that's great though.

Profile       WWW